Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #31
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: How much is 'Shard Lewis worth, and who's going to pay him?

Quote:
6'9 wing/forward who can shoot from anywhere and rebound well for his size.

i dont think 7 rebs a game is 'rebounding well' for a 6'9" player.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #32
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

For his size? Not really, no.

But for his position? Yeah, he's a "good" rebounder for his position.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #33
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
i dont think 7 rebs a game is 'rebounding well' for a 6'9" player.
yeah, it's not really about his size though. Ben Wallace is 6'9 but he's an interior banger/rebounder so he's expected to grab 10. Even though Rashard Lewis is 6'9 he's primarily a perimeter player so 7 is good taking that into consideration.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #34
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

I'd love to see Lewis traded for AK. Kirilenko would flourish in Seattle while he gets more touches than in Utah (he'd go back to how he has been for the last couple seasons before this one), hopefully start Seattle building around having SOME defense. I see this as the perfect start to rebuilding the Sonics.

Utah would go from having a very good offense to having a great offense. Normally you'd say they'd also take a huge hit on defense, but considering how Kirilenko hasn't had a huge impact this year the Jazz would be fine.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #35
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Any team considering signing Lewis needs to remember one word: "SOFT." This guy skipped out of an entire playoff series with a sore toe. I can't think of one good playoff game by him, and he cried on draft day when he slid into the second round. Is he talented? Sure. And he'll get you some baskets in the regular season. But you will get no help from him in any aspect of basketball that has to do with toughness (defense, rebounding--7 rpg from an athletic 6'10 guy playing major minutes is not that good--playing with pain, postseason performance) and for me, to be worth the tens of millions that someone is going to give him you have got to give my team some toughness, which is the most important form of sports leadership.

By the way, if he can't sign with someone outright don't be surprised if he gets his money as part of an S&T. Bundle him with a draft pick and/or Luke Ridnour and whoever else and they may be able to get Jermaine O'Neal, KG, or, heaven forbid, Paul Pierce for him. Team Ray Allen with a tougher star like one of those three and Seattle becomes a good team, while whoever they deal him to gets a younger star.

hate to agree with a Brighton boy , but he is right on. I wouldn't pay him the kinda money which necessitates him being the #2 guy. He should be a #3 option and paid like one.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:26 PM   #36
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Actually Shard's defense hasnt been that bad this year. He's just not on Deng/Howard/Iggy's level.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #37
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Any team considering signing Lewis needs to remember one word: "SOFT." This guy skipped out of an entire playoff series with a sore toe. I can't think of one good playoff game by him, and he cried on draft day when he slid into the second round. Is he talented? Sure. And he'll get you some baskets in the regular season. But you will get no help from him in any aspect of basketball that has to do with toughness (defense, rebounding--7 rpg from an athletic 6'10 guy playing major minutes is not that good--playing with pain, postseason performance) and for me, to be worth the tens of millions that someone is going to give him you have got to give my team some toughness, which is the most important form of sports leadership.

By the way, if he can't sign with someone outright don't be surprised if he gets his money as part of an S&T. Bundle him with a draft pick and/or Luke Ridnour and whoever else and they may be able to get Jermaine O'Neal, KG, or, heaven forbid, Paul Pierce for him. Team Ray Allen with a tougher star like one of those three and Seattle becomes a good team, while whoever they deal him to gets a younger star.

Awful post.Speak on what you know.

He had a metatarsalphalangeal joint sprain, or what people call 'turf toe'.If not treated with the utmost care it can potentially be career ending.Even if you wanted to tuff it out you cant...you cant cut, accelerate or develop any power at toe off.So to say that's soft is unwarranted.

Oh, and he cried on draft night because he had a promise in place with the Rockets.They said they would take him with one of their 3 first round picks that year.....they didnt and he slipped to (I think) the 2nd round.Plus he was just a kid so I can sympathize with dude.
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #38
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndough
Awful post.Speak on what you know.

He had a metatarsalphalangeal joint sprain, or what people call 'turf toe'.If not treated with the utmost care it can potentially be career ending.Even if you wanted to tuff it out you cant...you cant cut, accelerate or develop any power at toe off.So to say that's soft is unwarranted.
I call BS until I see a link. I have not heard it described anywhere as anything other than a sprained toe. Career-threatening? Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndough
Oh, and he cried on draft night because he had a promise in place with the Rockets.They said they would take him with one of their 3 first round picks that year.....they didnt and he slipped to (I think) the 2nd round.Plus he was just a kid so I can sympathize with dude.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #39
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

didn't Shard used to be listed as 6'11"?

NBA and their fluctuating heights and weights.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

: @fans thinkin Shard doesnt get paid this summer. When has the NBA ever been generous when it came to paying guys with that kind of production? Start running down names.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #41
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rashard is going to get paid, but not Randolph type money.

I see Shard getting a deal somewheres around 55M over 5 years.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #42
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

If Bibby opts out the Kings will have 14-15 million dollars of cap room. Considering Ron is probably finished in Sacto I could see the Kings going for Rashard Lewis.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #43
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

BM52 - Do you like Ricky Davis? Or Mike James?

'Cause it wouldn't surprise me a bit if one were traded for Ron Artest this offseason.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #44
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Better not be Ricky!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #45
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

I would expect 8-10 range, but there's no way I'd pay him more than 10 mil a year.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: