Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-11-2007, 11:34 PM   #16
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: top 10 players today

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
anyone who makes a top 10 list without Duncan in it is either certifiably mentally challenged, or reads Slam magazine (oh who am I kidding, it's the same group of people)

HEY NOW!! You are just mad because Gasol hasnt been lucky enough to grace there cover.

Slam is the best basketball magazine out(not saying much though)
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #17
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Maybe I meant Dime, I can't remember which one I wipe my ass with after I drop off the kids at the pool - I guess they both end up smelling like **** in the end.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:01 AM   #18
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
that list is pretty good. i wanna fit KG in there somewhere tho, but who would you leave out?

Move Duncan to center (screw you that think he is a true PF) and push out Amare, (screw you who think he's a true center).... Then add KG to PF even though he's either PF OR Center (screw you all)
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:03 AM   #19
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Baron Davis should not be on your list
Steve Nash is better than Carmelo and Vince indivudually

:rollingeyes:
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #20
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Nash
Barbosa
Marion
Diaw
STAT
Raja Bell
KT
Marcus Banks
James Jones
Pat Burke!!!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:10 AM   #21
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
:rollingeyes:

You disagree?? PLease explain yourself...You obviously dont watch nash play much.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:19 AM   #22
90sDynasty
Decent playground baller

90sDynasty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
that list is pretty good. i wanna fit KG in there somewhere tho, but who would you leave out?

Possibly Duncan, since Ginobili has stepped up so big for the Spurs off the bench at a time where Duncan is usually becoming a dominant playoff beast, but I feel like KG is not playing to his full potential this season, due to his unhappiness in Minny and his feud with the GM.

Jason Kidd is also someone that doesn't seem like a sure lock for that second position at the point guard, his team is fighting for the playoffs.

Arguments can be made for:

Billups(leading his team to the top of the Central),

Deron Williams(with him in the lineup, the Jazz are a perfect 13-0 in their last 13),

Chris Paul(came back from injury, but is leading his team that is missing its leading scorer to a possible 8th seed).
90sDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:23 AM   #23
90sDynasty
Decent playground baller

90sDynasty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Move Duncan to center (screw you that think he is a true PF) and push out Amare, (screw you who think he's a true center).... Then add KG to PF even though he's either PF OR Center (screw you all)

PF-Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett
C-Duncan, Yao

Duncan is widely considered the greatest power forward of all-time (I got Malone in my book). But, I would agree with you that he is more of a stereotypical Center that is labeled a Power Forward.

OR we could just classify it as one position PF/C and put the top 4 players of that "position" in that class.
90sDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:38 AM   #24
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

1= Dirk Nowitzki
1= Steve Nash
3- Kobe Bryant
4- Chris Bosh
5- LeBron James
6- Carmelo Anthony
7- Tim Duncan
8- Yao Ming
9- Dwight Howard
10- Gilbert (just bcoz i think of any more players deserving)

* I didn't add Wade in bcoz hes injured, and Shaq bcoz hes dropped out of the top 10 players today.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:43 AM   #25
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All arounders

Kobe
LBJ
DWade

power 4s

KG
Duncan
Dirk

PGs

Nash
Kidd

rounding it out

Gilbert
Yao

that's it

the real top ten
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:47 AM   #26
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
All arounders

Kobe
LBJ
DWade

power 4s

KG
Duncan
Dirk

PGs

Nash
Kidd

rounding it out

Gilbert
Yao

that's it

the real top ten

GOOD...but I would take out arenas and add Mcgrady
Old 03-12-2007, 01:51 AM   #27
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
GOOD...but I would take out arenas and add Mcgrady

tooshay...I forgot about TMac, he's been in and out of the lineup so much I just got used to leaving him out.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:56 AM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
1= Dirk Nowitzki
1= Steve Nash
3- Kobe Bryant
4- Chris Bosh
5- LeBron James
6- Carmelo Anthony
7- Tim Duncan
8- Yao Ming
9- Dwight Howard
10- Gilbert (just bcoz i think of any more players deserving)

* I didn't add Wade in bcoz hes injured, and Shaq bcoz hes dropped out of the top 10 players today.
Bosh ahead of LeBron and Duncan? Please explain.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:12 AM   #29
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
You disagree?? PLease explain yourself...You obviously dont watch nash play much.

Nash is not more talented individually than Carter or Melo. One on one with either of them would be disastrous for Nash. He's a great player, but his job is to dish the ball to a team with 0 offensive weaknesses. Great outside shooters galore, and 2 athetic beasts in Marion and Stoudemire. For defenses in that system its pick your poison: give up a 3 by over commiting to the pick and roll with Nash and Amare, or all yourself to be spread out and get killed by the pick and roll. Nash isn't exactly a godly talented individual.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:15 AM   #30
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

when i wrote this thread i meant it by the top 10 with most talent, and it wasnt ranked!
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: