Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 AM   #31
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: top 10 players today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Nash is not more talented individually than Carter or Melo. One on one with either of them would be disastrous for Nash. He's a great player, but his job is to dish the ball to a team with 0 offensive weaknesses. Great outside shooters galore, and 2 athetic beasts in Marion and Stoudemire. For defenses in that system its pick your poison: give up a 3 by over commiting to the pick and roll with Nash and Amare, or all yourself to be spread out and get killed by the pick and roll. Nash isn't exactly a godly talented individual.
The dude averages 19.1 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 11.7 apg, 53.2 fg%, 47.4 3pt%, 88.7 ft%

He shoots 53.4 fg% and 62.9 efg% in clutch time...The man is sick and is what one of best shooters and passers all time.

Of course Carter and Melo look better because they are perceived to be more athletic but Nash is more talented individually than them this year.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:22 AM   #32
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
when i wrote this thread i meant it by the top 10 with most talent, and it wasnt ranked!

Im sorry but you should still have your thread creating powers taken away
Old 03-12-2007, 02:27 AM   #33
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool

*unofficially*
1. shawn marion
2. dwyane wade
3. steve nash
4. kevin garnett
5. lebron james
6. gilbert arenas
7. dirk nowitzki
8. tim duncan
9. kobe bryant
10. allen iverson
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:52 AM   #34
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
The dude averages 19.1 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 11.7 apg, 53.2 fg%, 47.4 3pt%, 88.7 ft%

He shoots 53.4 fg% and 62.9 efg% in clutch time...The man is sick and is what one of best shooters and passers all time.

Of course Carter and Melo look better because they are perceived to be more athletic but Nash is more talented individually than them this year.

No, Nash simply has the talent around him to make it easy for him, same as he helps them.

They are simply a well built offensive machine. Its a team pretty much built only for offense.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #35
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If your going to make a top ten list of guys playing today you have to have Tim Duncan on there. If you don't your on crack, whether it's the top ten best players, most talented players, most team impact players, they all have Duncan in them.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #36
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My list would go:

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Tim Duncan
5. Dwyane Wade
6. LeBron James
7. Steve Nash
8. Yao Ming
9. Elton Brand
10. Carmelo Anthony

I think I'm forgetting some guys. Oh well.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #37
Twoston Rockets
I brick open layups

Twoston Rockets has an OK reputation so far

theres no way baron davis should be on that list.

1. Nowitski
2. Duncan
3. Nash
4. Garnett
5. Wade
6. Lebron
7. Yao
8. Kobe
9. Bosh
10. Arenas
Twoston Rockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #38
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Chris Bosh, Shawn Marion and Baron Davis are not top 10 players.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #39
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
that list is pretty good. i wanna fit KG in there somewhere tho, but who would you leave out?
get mcgrady outta there and put garnett at sf. garnett > mcgrady anyday of the week
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #40
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

1. Dirk
2. Nash
3. Duncan
4. Garnett
5. Wade
6. Kobe
7. Lebron
8. Ming
9. Bosh
10. T-Mac
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #41
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

you really have to be an idiot to think carter and melo are better players than nash classic case of hype driven 12yr old fanboys watching espn highlights of carter dunk the ball and assuming that flair makes him the better player, the guy is a whinner, a quitter and can't lead a pack of starving wolves with a steak tied to his ass, nash is the consumate team player who would do anything for his team to win, he also lead his team to 54 wins without amare and his 25 ppg scoring average, has carter ever won 50 ? and he played in the Leastern conference most of his career :

Last edited by DreamRockets : 03-12-2007 at 01:34 PM.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #42
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ok, I want to start a team for a season that begins tomorrow, and I'm guarenteed that the player I build my team around will be healthy all year round. Who do I take?

In order...

1. Tim Duncan
- He's still fundamentally the most sound player in the league, and his impact goes beyond the stats. His defense, while not exactly whatit used to be, is still near the top of the league, and as an anchor, he's one of the very best. He's got that array of post moves, and a solid jumper. However, what puts him ahead the following few players isn't so much ability as it is smarts, and leadership. That's what he brings to the table moreso than anybody else in the league.

2. Kobe Bryant
- Best scorer in the league. That's what must be said about him straight off. However, this year he's proved that he can lead a team. If this team hadn't of been barraged with injuries midway through this first part of the year, LA would probably be 8-9 games above .500. I'm talking 39-21 or something like that. Unfortunately that's not the case, and we've struggled. Still can't go wrong with Kobe though. He brings more stats and skill than anyone else, and he's becoming a better leader than anyone could've imagined, myself included. All that needs work is his decision making and he'll be all set.

3. Dirk Nowitzki
- My list has changed since the beginning of the year. I used to have LeBron ahead of the German Dork, but I have to switch it up. Dirk has just been THAT good this year. I almost feel bad ranking him this low, as he could very well be above Kobe and ever Tim. However, I'm not ready to do that just yet. If he leads his team to a chip this year though, he may very well be arguably the best player in the league. He brings everything you need from a superstar. Just love watching him play.

4. LeBron James
- LeBron dropped off a wee bit to start the year. Maybe that's why I have Dirk over him. Lately though, he's back to tearing it up. It continues to astound me just how bad his teammates are when Hughes is out of the lineup. That Dallas game might've been one of the worst showings of a supporting cast for a superstar I've ever seen. Absolutely attrocious. I almost vomited, watching Wesley blow a breakaway layup, and seeing Snow recieve a perfect pass right under the basket, only to dribble it back out to the three point line and hope for LeBron to set something else up. Bron's been nothing short of deadly this year, and his jumper has improved as well.

5. Dwyane Wade
- Yeah, I know he recieves a lot of hate. The FT's, the losing this year, bla, bla, bla. However, let's look at his record when he actually plays. 25-20 in games he's played over 10 minutes in. That's on pace for 46 wins, which is still a winning record. Not too shabby at all. And he certainly has the stats. He's become an excellent team defender, and an improving 1v1 defender. He's gone for 29/5/8/2/1 with excellent %'s. He's still extremely TO prone, but that's not an extreme problem. He's only a tad moreso than Kobe has been this year.

6. Kevin Garnett
- Brings it on both ends, possibly moreso than any other guy on this list. Just a do-it-all player. I used to be a *****, but my opinion has changed. KG has a beautiful inside/outside game, and as much as people love to say he's a choke, they're wrong. He's not exactly clutch either, but he's no choke.

7. Yao Ming
- Never hurts to have a dominznt center in the post on your team. Yao's highly unappreciated, and he's had a tremendous year thusfar. He forces double teams, is a solid passer from the post, an excellent FT shooter, good shot blocker, and has a beautiful jumper from the post. I'm not sure why some people still have Amare ahead of this guy. Sure Amare's improved, but he has nowhere near the offensive arsonal that Yao can bring to the table.

8. Shaquille O'Neal
- That's right folks, he's here. And he's always been here. I don't think he's still better than Yao, and thus I had to stick the Chinese Giant one spot ahead. But Shaq is still the most dominant guy in the league. I've had him in my top 10 since I started watching basketball, and things aren't about to change just yet. He still has more impact, relative to his stats, than anyone else in the league. He's just a smart player. Incredibly efficient, and he brings everything you want from a bigman. On a team of shooters, he can still look like the best player alive.

9. Carmelo Anthony
- I have a pretty high opinion of this guy, despite my hatrid of the Nuggets. Awesome clutch player, always stepping it up big in dire moments. And he's not afraid to attack. Definately an underrated defensive player, as he can hold his own against any type of SF you put him up against. And that midrange game is just sweet.

10. Steve Nash
- Unfortunately Steve has to rank all the way down here. He's certaibly a special player, but he's not a guy you can really build any type of franchise around. It take some specific players. Like a good pick/role big, or some runners. Maybe some shooters. He just can't be the number one option offensively, and therefore, he must be surrounded by players who can finish quite well. The Suns have managed to find that, and Steve looks amazing. However, it's not necissarily an easy thing to do.

Just Missing the Cut: Gilbert Arenas, Tracy McGrady, Pau Gasol (underrated), Elton Brand, Amare Stoudemire, Allen Iverson, Chris Bosh
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #43
YaoMacBat11
Decent playground baller

YaoMacBat11 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
my top 10 are:
baron davis
lebron james
kobe bryant
kevin garnett
vince carter
jason kidd
chris bosh
dwight howard
steve nash
dirk nowitzki

My top 10 players as of right now: (in no paticular order)

James
Garnett
Duncan
Bryant
Yao
Dirk
Bosh
Wade
Agent 0
T-Mac
YaoMacBat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #44
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sDynasty
Top 10:

Best 2 at each position so we don't get into comparing players across different positions.

PG-Steve Nash, Jason Kidd
SG-Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade
SF-Lebron James, Tracy Mcgrady
PF-Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan
C- Tough one for me between Amare and a healthy Yao, any arguments?

yeah...give me Shaq
Old 03-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #45
statman32
NBA Legend

Bosh has no argument to make a top 10 list...GTFO with that ****.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: