Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-11-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
number23
Decent playground baller

Default Nba Vs College Basketball

Watching all these college basketball games has reminded me how annoying watching the NBA can sometimes be. These kids play their hearts out and it seems like the refs have the calls almost perfect most the time. They allow the necessary contact that occurs in the game on D. They usually dont fall for flops as much as NBA refs. I donno, it just seems to me the game is played the way it is supposed to be. The NBA really needs to change some of its rules.... Anyone agree with my rant?
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
Gundress
Banned

Default Re: Nba Vs College Basketball

Yeah, College is more fun to watch cause these play their hearts out on court than NBA. Play right defense, play right offense, etc.

NBA kinda boring to me cause its like you alreadly know who's going to win.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
statman32
NBA Legend

NBA>>>College

But March Madness>>NBA playoffs because of brackets and the upsets.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
Jaz
I airball my layups

The quality of play is much higher in the NBA. In college, they play hard. In college also you have lively crowds, while in the NBA you have a frickin' circus going on during breaks. And the NBA is designed to refereed like a Star System, while in college they're just mediocre, but unbiased.

There's no doubt that Suns-Mavs games was more exciting than anything you'll see in the NCAA. Especially if a plodding Big 10 team is playing.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
yobore
Great college starter

NBA basketball > NCAA basketball

NCAA fans and atmosphere > NBA fans and atmosphere that's what makes the games so exciting.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #6
qwerty
(o_0)

ask anyone outside of this forum and they will say NCAA>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #7
NoGunzJustSkillz

when does ohio state play?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #8
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Am I the only one who can't stand the pace of play?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Different strokes for different folks. You'll find some people like high school basketball over both college and nba. I dont see how you can dislike the NBA THAT much when the guys you watch in college...most of them play in the NBA which is the elite league. Example, a guy like Iggy didnt do things in college that he now does as a Sixer. You get to see developed and finished products in the NBA. You also can see a Durant dominate with a frail body, not great handles and at times can hoist up 3pt'ers like a man man, along with shoot bad shots and still get over. You cant do that much in the NBA. So my point is kids can get away with things they cant in the NBA for the most part. We got exceptions no doubt. College bball also tends to shoot the 3 a lot. I'm watching Texas vs NM St. NM St is just jacking up 3pters. Texas is just jacking up 3pt'ers. Really not much in terms of set offenses, execution and so forth. I mean Durant at times plays Center just because he's 6'10. He could never get away with that in the NBA.

Not knocking college bball, just putting it in perspective somewhat. More to point out. Just saying some folks find the coll game great, others not so. I think both leagues have thier place and if you're a bball fan you can enjoy them both.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:15 PM   #10
Vendetta
Banned

I don't like watching college because they suck balls compared to NBA players. You can say you love the effort, whatever. I don't care if the NBA players only give 50%. College basketball is a straight up inferior product.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #11
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

They both have a place on my television. In fact, right now I'm switching back and forth between Mavs-Celtics (pregame now, they're interviewing Heinson) and TX-NMSU.

As mentioned, the exuberance with which they play in college far exceeds that in the NBA. The 35 second shotblock would be unbearable in the NBA, but it works in college because you're seeing ball movement, player movement, and strategy involved in getting a shot off and not just one guy dribbling the entire clock crossing over and not really getting anywhere.

Quality of play and talent is obviously better in the NBA, but then you have to deal with the superstar system, more players who appear to only be in the NBA as a "job," a season that's so long it somewhat diminishes the importance of every game when compared to the NCAA, guaranteed contracts, just generally the Stern fingerprint.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:47 PM   #12
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

I'm seeing a trend occurring and its at the girls high school level.
15 years ago girls hoops was a sad affair of just getting the ball in the hoop.
Today I believe they are more dedicated to plays and position defense and it's educational to see it happen.
With that same evolution boys basketball is played like junior college ball 20 years ago.
So college ball is that much better and entertaining , but that 3 pt line should be pushed out about a foot.
I think the NCAA is fearful that if the line goes farther out , scores will drop and the game might become boring . (I just don't like teams jacking 3's when they should be smart enough to break down zones)
Pro's are on a different level , and I think some of it as fan's , we are in the dark about. Hell a play can start for a team with a guy just running to a free throw line , so my guess is their play book is complicated , besides the individual talent is off the chart.
I saw a scrub for Indy prior to game time , who averaged like 2.3 points for the year , sink 40 shots in a row.
NBA is first on my list , but any game is definitely a watch see !!
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:14 AM   #13
different107
National High School Star

March Madness>>>>>>NBA...unless mavs are in the finals
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: