Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 01:57 AM   #16
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Right this second....the Knicks are the 8th seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Not only are we Crawling in but we're Crawlin in with Crawford.

Is that you oldknickfan??? Jokes like that remind me of him
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #17
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

go knicks... screw Isiah

if he wasn't their coach or gm the Knicks would probably be top 3 seeded...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:10 AM   #18
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Well In That Case, We must go 11-7 with the rest of the remaining schedule. It's not going to be to tough, we're playing good basketball. If we make the playoffs with a Losing Record Isiah still won't be fired.

Remember If they Fire Zeke then Curry is gone, Dolan is keeping isiah, he made a nice turn around.

Yeah, a nice turnaround, but its like Brown didn't even try. but the Knicks have enough talent on offense alone that they should be Wizards like.

They have one of the best post scorers in the league in Curry. A good pg in Steph, even though he's a loser. Good rebounding. They shouldn't be as awful as they are even now, especially in an eastern conference thats so weak.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #19
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

It's great.. many in my office thought I was crazy when I made a $100 bet at the beginning of the season that NY would end up with a better record than Boston... the Boston fans in my office tend to be delusional.. but I thought that bet was a no brainer given the youth and fraility of Boston.

Meanwhile if the Knicks can secure the 8th seed they manage to prevent Chicago from getting a lotto pick..something they don't need. (Chicago still did get the better of the Curry deal..especially if they drafted better)

Overall this doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is the glut of injuries, suspensions and other distractions the Knicks have overcome to get the 8th seed (for now)

Francis has missed lots of time
QRich missed some games
Crawford out for season
Jeffries missed the first part of the season
Lee is out now
The brawl....

A lot of adversity for this team to overcome.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #20
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Definately a surprise to me. I was counting out the Knicks long time ago. If they keep playing well and Orlando and Indiana keep sucking it up, the 7th seed is theirs.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #21
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

i think its just going to be nice to have that playoffs atmosphere around MSG again... i mean... how many years has it been? much too long.

knicks won't get out of the 1st round... but i think they can win one vs detroit and maybe two vs cleveland.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #22
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I'd be hilarious to see the Knicks creep up to the 6th seed if Toronto stays at the 3 spot, then we'd have yet another Knicks vs. Raptors first round series (the 3rd one in 7 years)
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #23
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I'd be hilarious to see the Knicks creep up to the 6th seed if Toronto stays at the 3 spot, then we'd have yet another Knicks vs. Raptors first round series (the 3rd one in 7 years)

I can imagine the game threads now. 406465406548676874 posts long!
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #24
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

that'd be killer. bargnani draining a 3 ball to win the games after toronto gets outrebounded by a zillion.

btw, knicks vs raptors x2 this week... if the knicks win both games they're only 2.5 games behind us... or something like that.

can't see us losing to the knicks though... i mean, ITS THE KNICKS
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #25
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I'll be disappointed if the Raps lose to the Knicks this week, because our only major weakness is rebounding, and isn't Lee out right now?

But yeah it'd be an intense series for sure, there's nothing like classic playoff battles at MSG.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #26
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

If the Knicks win both games against Toronto this week(unlikely), we actually have a shot at winning the Atlantic. Go Knicks!
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #27
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

that would be a great series, i hope this situation actually happens.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #28
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would kill to see a Knicks vs. Raptors playoff match up.

whoa, im almost at 5000
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #29
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Lee should be back for the raps game. It's Wednesday and im hoping for a return, if not balkman will have to step up.

I would also love to see a playoff atmosphere in the Garden but let's just keep winning.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #30
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

big ****ing deal. A team with the highest (?) payroll in the NBA should be much better than an 8th seed in the eastern conference. With their financial resources, they should be FAR better than this. Yeah, their better than what they were a year ago, but it's like putting perfume on a pig. Yeah, the pig smells better, but it's still a pig.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: