Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 09:32 AM   #16
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: NBA looking to suspend Kobe after the ESPN game....

Kobe needs to go back to #8, everything has been going down the crapper for him and that team since he went to 24.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #17
Hardtop Hero
I hit open 5-footers

Hardtop Hero has an OK reputation so far

I'm not really getting all the "poor Kobe, they're picking on him" stuff. Every move he's been punished for seemed pretty blatant to me. His most recent action against Korver does because:

A. You JUST got suspended for making contact with people's heads. Why be dumb enough to do the SAME type of thing again?

B. The move seemed like he unnaturally put his elbow up to face level, as opposed to chest level which is where I've ALWAYS seen with that brush off move.

The bottom line is, I've seen plenty of games this year and I don't recall any other player having these kinds of incidents, especially in such a short time.
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #18
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

the league just seems to have a reason for punishing him then has the nerve to save the suspension so he can show up and give them ratings and then they kick him to the curb. disgusting. If only we didn't get injuries...then we would definitely be a 4 seed instead we are looking at a bottom seed or missing the postseason.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:03 AM   #19
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The league is trying to make an example out of Kobe. Fifteen games? For that? I've seen dirtier things, and the person walks away with a small fine. The difference? That person wasn't Kobe. Cmon now, this is BS.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #20
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
The league is trying to make an example out of Kobe. Fifteen games? For that? I've seen dirtier things, and the person walks away with a small fine. The difference? That person wasn't Kobe. Cmon now, this is BS.

Huh? Kobe was suspended for 15 games? I assume this is a joke.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #21
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

It REALLY is getting ridiculous
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #22
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Huh? Kobe was suspended for 15 games? I assume this is a joke.

No, no, no, someone said earlier that he was threatned with a 15 gamer if an incident similar to this happened again. It didn't actually happen, I was saying that is ridiculous if it's true.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #23
Hardtop Hero
I hit open 5-footers

Hardtop Hero has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
It REALLY is getting ridiculous

How is it getting ridiculous? Wouldn't you think someone who JUST got suspended for similar antics would be extra careful from then on out and not give a blatant shot to the head?
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #24
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
No, no, no, someone said earlier that he was threatned with a 15 gamer if an incident similar to this happened again. It didn't actually happen, I was saying that is ridiculous if it's true.

Oh, okay. Yeah, that would have been waaaay overboard (though I do think the incident warranted a fine at the very least based on the Ginobili/Jaric precedent, but not two games later -- they should have renderd a decision in time for the Dallas game).
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #25
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Oh, okay. Yeah, that would have been waaaay overboard (though I do think the incident warranted a fine at the very least based on the Ginobili/Jaric precedent, but not two games later -- they should have renderd a decision in time for the Dallas game).

very true

the league cant have it both ways...Cant suspend him on their time.. they need to reach a decision and execute it immediately...not after the big ratings drawing game
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #26
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

honestly, this is getting ridiculous. i wasn't buying into all the kobe conspiracy theories but maybe it's true?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #27
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

its not a conspiricy against Kobe..... He is just dumb enough to keep bowing people after it has become a big issue... The league is almost forced to continue suspending him at this point because they established it as a problem and he wont cut it out
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #28
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
its not a conspiricy against Kobe..... He is just dumb enough to keep bowing people after it has become a big issue... The league is almost forced to continue suspending him at this point because they established it as a problem and he wont cut it out
yeah, but it's dumb to think that the guy purposely elbowed korver in the face while thinking about it in his head. it's just the style he plays, the style he's adjusted to and previously been awarded by the refs for... and then all of a sudden he gets suspended for playing the same way he's been playing for years? why didn't they deal with it immediately?
Old 03-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #29
malek4980
Kids at the park dunk on me

malek4980 has an OK reputation so far

It's like when hockey players are careless with their sticks and hit players in the head, it DOESN'T MATTER if they intended to or not. Stop being a careless punkass mother ****er.
malek4980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #30
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek4980
It's like when hockey players are careless with their sticks and hit players in the head, it DOESN'T MATTER if they intended to or not. Stop being a careless punkass mother ****er.
actually it's nothing like that. Getting hit with a high stick is a clearly defined rule in hockey. In the NBA, a lot of the refs calls are subjective..

Why is it that Bowen's stuff is being "looked into" but he has never been suspended?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: