Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #31
malek4980
Kids at the park dunk on me

malek4980 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA looking to suspend Kobe after the ESPN game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
actually it's nothing like that. Getting hit with a high stick is a clearly defined rule in hockey. In the NBA, a lot of the refs calls are subjective..

Why is it that Bowen's stuff is being "looked into" but he has never been suspended?
Yeah hitting a person in the head is not a foul in basketball...
malek4980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #32
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek4980
Yeah hitting a person in the head is not a foul in basketball...
That's incidental contact. How many times has Deke been suspended for elbowing players in the face??
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The problem i have is the league is inconsistent. And its using Kobe's star status to send a message. Almost as if they were just waiting for a star player to use as a model. Bruce Bowen busted up Francis ankles then Jamal Crawford. And for that? He got a warning from Stu Jackson when the Knicks called the league about it. Zeke and Bowen got into it, also Zeke and Pop. This is nothing new with Bruce Bowen.

Was Kobe ever given a warning? Nah he was suspended and no one from the league office called him. Now this latest incident they are "lookin into it"? So the NBSA can go back and re-check games that have already played to see for wrong doing? Funny, because there are players in the league who have done things the league could have looked back on and taken action. But they werent star players so therefore why use them to send a message? Use the star player. Just like Melo with the 15gms. Use the star player because for some reason sending the message out there impacts more.

This isnt about did Kobe elbow Korer. He did. Clear as day. I'm dealing with how the NBA selectively targets certain individuals. If the league was doing this often then ok. But they arent. I'll stay tuned for the next time Bruce Bowen undercuts someone/rolls thier ankle. Lets see if he is suspended.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #34
malek4980
Kids at the park dunk on me

malek4980 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
That's incidental contact. How many times has Deke been suspended for elbowing players in the face??

Deke simply turns around, while Kobe flails the arm around like he has no ****ing control over where it goes.
malek4980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #35
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The problem i have is the league is inconsistent. And its using Kobe's star status to send a message. Almost as if they were just waiting for a star player to use as a model. Bruce Bowen busted up Francis ankles then Jamal Crawford. And for that? He got a warning from Stu Jackson when the Knicks called the league about it. Zeke and Bowen got into it, also Zeke and Pop. This is nothing new with Bruce Bowen.

Was Kobe ever given a warning? Nah he was suspended and no one from the league office called him. Now this latest incident they are "lookin into it"? So the NBSA can go back and re-check games that have already played to see for wrong doing? Funny, because there are players in the league who have done things the league could have looked back on and taken action. But they werent star players so therefore why use them to send a message? Use the star player. Just like Melo with the 15gms. Use the star player because for some reason sending the message out there impacts more.

This isnt about did Kobe elbow Korer. He did. Clear as day. I'm dealing with how the NBA selectively targets certain individuals. If the league was doing this often then ok. But they arent. I'll stay tuned for the next time Bruce Bowen undercuts someone/rolls thier ankle. Lets see if he is suspended.

I completely agree.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #36
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The problem i have is the league is inconsistent. And its using Kobe's star status to send a message. Almost as if they were just waiting for a star player to use as a model. Bruce Bowen busted up Francis ankles then Jamal Crawford. And for that? He got a warning from Stu Jackson when the Knicks called the league about it. Zeke and Bowen got into it, also Zeke and Pop. This is nothing new with Bruce Bowen

IMO the sh*t Bruce Bowen does is 3xs as dangerous as anything kobe is doing..

sliding under a shooter while he is in the air? that is a straight no no wherever you play the game... On the play ground its a no no, In High school, college, and yes the pros..

f*cking with people's legs while they are shooting or going in for a lay up is a very serious thing.... Its sets off fights...guys get sprained/broken ankles...guys get broken wrists from getting undercut and trying to break their falls..

So basically I think if Stu is gonna be reviewing any tape, it should be of the tactics Bruce Bowen uses first and foremost...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
IMO the sh*t Bruce Bowen does is 3xs as dangerous as anything kobe is doing..

sliding under a shooter while he is in the air? that is a straight no no wherever you play the game... On the play ground its a no no, In High school, college, and yes the pros..

f*cking with people's legs while they are shooting or going in for a lay up is a very serious thing.... Its sets off fights...guys get sprained/broken ankles...guys get broken wrists from getting undercut and trying to break their falls..

So basically I think if Stu is gonna be reviewing any tape, it should be of the tactics Bruce Bowen uses first and foremost...

Agreed there. Oops, i shouldnt agree with you because GoBB = Rasheed to some idiots on here.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #38
number23
Decent playground baller

number23 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah they should be investigating and suspending people like Bowen as well, but that doesn't diminish the fact that Kobe needs to stop raising his arms to peoples faces, accidental or not.
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #39
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

What I love most is how Korver, Manu and Jaric said it's part of the game and Kobe gets suspended. When Bowen slides his foot, the players say that it's intentional but he never gets suspended.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #40
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Way too much inconsistency from the league on these issues. The whole thing is being terribly mishandled.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #41
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Agreed there. Oops, i shouldnt agree with you because GoBB = Rasheed to some idiots on here.

WTF, you're not the same?
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #42
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
its not a conspiricy against Kobe..... He is just dumb enough to keep bowing people after it has become a big issue... The league is almost forced to continue suspending him at this point because they established it as a problem and he wont cut it out
But why aren't they looking at anyone else is the question? Mutombo and his elbows, Bowen and his foot underneath people's ankles are happening just as often and we haven't heard anything about either of them.

The Korver one didn't look very intentional to me, but that's whatever. I guess if you establish a rep for something you're guilty until proven otherwise, but still why only Kobe?
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #43
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

You get caught and suspended for elbowing somebody in the face? Then STOP DOING IT. You dont do it another TWO times while the hawk eyes are still fixed upon you.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #44
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Espn news report that it's a flagrant
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #45
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
But why aren't they looking at anyone else is the question? Mutombo and his elbows, Bowen and his foot underneath people's ankles are happening just as often and we haven't heard anything about either of them.

Im always p*ssed about Bruce Bowen's moves and I agree he should be public enemy #1 when it comes to this stuff...the stuff he does is straight up dangerous and has no place in the NBA

Mutombo has some pointy elbows and I wouldnt want to catch one, But that move Mutombo uses, (after rebounds and sticks his elbows out) is the oldest move in the game and I doubt refs are gonna start calling that move a foul because most low post guys are taught to use that move after get the ball to clear out people from trying to slap the ball away..Plus he is standing still when he does it

Quote:
The Korver one didn't look very intentional to me, but that's whatever. I guess if you establish a rep for something you're guilty until proven otherwise, but still why only Kobe?

the situation has become a virtual stare-down from the league's POV.

If they tell you to stop doing a certain move and you keep doing it, they are gonna make it their business to see that you do indeed stop that move. their authority is challenged if they dont......

the inconsistancy is irritating to me...and Kobe's move doesnt warrant a suspension to begin with, but once they have suspended him once and warn him again, he should stop because they'll keep suspending him just to save face if for no other reason
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: