Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #31
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Isaiah is getting an extension...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Our Real Youth Is

-Eddy Curry
-Channing Frye
-Mardy Collins
-Nate Robinson
-Renaldo Balkman
-David Lee

You can also Throw in Jamal Crawford who's young and maybe a Jared Jeffries but the Rest are Vets.

I still don't think that getting younger would help them out... unless they were to get a top 10 draft pick. and, if they squeek into the playoffs, they can count that out of the equation.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #32
jaja
Great young streetballer

jaja has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
All of those "known losers and one dimensional players no one wants" are players that he brought into the team as GM, so no, he gets no slack.

so make up your mind. are these players losers or actually good players
jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #33
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja
so make up your mind. are these players losers or actually good players
I don't know why you're asking me this question, if I'm the one that you're asking. For the record, neither term universally describes NY's roster.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:18 PM   #34
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I deleted the rest cause it's pointless. In your rush to kill Thomas you over looked the fact that by cutting Jerome Williams and allowing Allan Houston to retire due to injury the Knicks get Williams off the cap and the insurance company picks up the tab on Houston's deal.

How convenient that you ignore the fact that the Knicks had enough salary to make the deal work.

By running it into the ground I assume you me his failed quest at making the CBA, which was already losing money league wide, the NBA's official minor league. Or maybe you are referring to his being forced by the NBA to sell it to private owners when he took the Pacers job.

$5 million a year is pretty standard for big name NBA coaches.

He didn't mess up the firing at all. Brown simply took advantage of the negative view of Thomas many have. Brown was fired for not doing his job to the best of his ability and repeatedly going against company wishes.

The Knicks front office has memos documenting Brown being told to not conduct trade talks without Isiah. He did so anyway. They have memos documenting Brown being told to stop verbally attacking players in the media. He did so anyway.

Brown's firing was not botched. The only hitch in Brown's firing was the fact that the negative opinion people have of Thomas overshadowed basic facts of Brown's New York stint.
Nice one... People tend to forget that the Knicks were already strangled by a huge payroll until 2007 before Isiah got there...

Players with contracts after 07:

Steve Francis: Larry Brown ****up
Marbury: Every knick fan thought is was a good trade back then.
Jerome James: This is was before the chance of getting Curry, the knicks were desperate for a center...
Eddy Curry: I guess it's turning a better trade with every passing day, and once again thank Larry Brown for making it worse.

Every other player in the rooster with contract after 07, isn't really questionable, and they are getting more and more trade value, plus they are young, plus they have regular salaries.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #35
samy568
Kids at the park dunk on me

samy568 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
I want to say that the Knicks suck and all but he has done a decent job this season.

It's also crazy to say this, but the Pacers miss him badly. He's a much better GM than Bird.

WE DON'T MISS ISIAH AT ALL. HE CAN STAY WITH THE KNICKS.

To begin with he was never a GM with the Pacers and Bird has done a much better job than Isiah as a GM. It will take time for the Pacers to mesh as a team after the trade, but nice acquisition in Diogu. Jackson had to go and Harrington couldn't co-exist with O'Neal. Good move by Bird for Pacers future.

If we had isiah, we would have had Francis for Jackson and Harrington. The guy really screwed up in NY with all the trades. Also, shows how weak of an owner Dolan is, going back on his word of evaluating Isiah at the end of the season and then deciding on an extension. I sometimes wonder how Dolan got this rich.
samy568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #36
jaja
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy568
WE DON'T MISS ISIAH AT ALL. HE CAN STAY WITH THE KNICKS.

To begin with he was never a GM with the Pacers and Bird has done a much better job than Isiah as a GM. It will take time for the Pacers to mesh as a team after the trade, but nice acquisition in Diogu. Jackson had to go and Harrington couldn't co-exist with O'Neal. Good move by Bird for Pacers future.

If we had isiah, we would have had Francis for Jackson and Harrington. The guy really screwed up in NY with all the trades. Also, shows how weak of an owner Dolan is, going back on his word of evaluating Isiah at the end of the season and then deciding on an extension. I sometimes wonder how Dolan got this rich.

so many people just wanted isiah's head for irrational reasons. if dolan said at mid point in the season that he wouldnt keep isiah on anymore, no one would call the decision brash. but since it is made against the wishes of those on the outside of it all, somehow dolan has gone back on his word.

any why is isiah the only GM that gets flak.i dont hear much about ainge, bird, mchale and paxson
Old 03-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #37
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
We're not 28-34 i believe it's 29. One more win for 30 but once again, LB tanked last year and it's clear to see it now.

He's been doing a fine job, we've lost so many games at the end to teams like New Jersey, Washington, Utah, Bucks etc.

We've been without Jeffries for the first half of the year, No Francis, Qrich Back problems, Lee's Hurt, Crawford done for the year.

Cut the Team some Slack.
as a fan i can not accept mediocrity actually sub par... injuries happen in sports thats why we have a bench. How many more games would we have won with these players there in reality? Its not we lost a paul pierce, cp3, joe johnson, shard, wade....
I think this is a major problem with the Knicks these days.... we have been with out food for 2 weeks some one throws us a saltine and we jump on it...
I stopped going to there games because of these morons..
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:24 PM   #38
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

The funny thing about Isiah is that I actually understand what he's been trying to do over the years. He had two option when he took over a franchise that was in massive salary cap hell: either tear the whole thing down and start a massive 3-5 year rebuilding process, or try to use his gigantic expiring contracts to aquire talented, but somewhat flawed, players.

His biggest problem is that he seems to bungle the MLE every single year. Whatever magic eye for talent he uses when he drafts players does not extend to free agency. I don't have a clue how he thought Jerome James and Jefferies were good MLE signings. I can somewhat forgive him for overpaying Curry and Crawford, as the Knicks needed some decent young players. He should have top 3 protected his picks in that deal though; not doing so was assinine.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #39
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't believe he's getting an extension with that record.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #40
jaja
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I can't believe he's getting an extension with that record.

believe it. and the season isnt over. the record may just get better
Old 03-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #41
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I hope they finish .500 or better. Isiah pissed me off with the Denver brawl thing, but overall I support him. But I still think that in that conference the Knicks are one of the most talented teams and should be over .500.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #42
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i still think that brown's commitment to losing is making isiah look good, but hey, he's maybe the second least mediocre coach in the titanic division right now after the great sam mitchell. my apologies to nets fans who still like their coach. i guess he can fall back on the injuries, but i still say that team doesn't push the tempo enough. not that i'm a better coach than lawrence frank or anything. i just don't get why they play halfcourt ball so often. anyway, i think zeke is a middling coach and a fine gm if given unlimited resources and no time table. i don't see why dolan would fire him now with the team finally starting to coallesce. i don't think they've got second round potential as they are currently made, but they could make the playoffs.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #43
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I'd now like to point out that the Knicks are the only team in the league to get better every month in terms of win percentage.

To me the best news isn't that Thomas is back as GM but that he's gonna stay on as coach. The Knicks have not had any stability at Head Coach so it will be nice to see what the team can do in a system it is used to.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:37 PM   #44
r32soul
Decent playground baller

r32soul has an OK reputation so far

only in NY can such a thing happen.. they overpaid just about everybody in majority of their sports franchises..

Entire Yankees and Knicks team.. Mets are overpaying players like crazy these last 3-4 years.
r32soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #45
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

These are reasons why I think the Knicks made the move:

1) After having to owe Brown 50 mill or so, they figure why not let Isiah coach and be GM for the price of 1.

2) Were much improved from last year even though we basically have the same roster. We added Jeffries, and that's about it.

3) Consistency. We've gone from Wilkens to Herb Williams to Larry Brown and now to Isiah. That's alot of changes, and that's only a microcosm of the changes we made to our roster. So basically this year we stayed put and we found some sucess. Curry almost made it to the all-star game, Lee emerged to a double double guy, and Marbury is starting to trust his teammates more and do less upon himself. Dolan probably thinks another year of our team intact with some minor changes should lead to more sucess.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: