Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-12-2007, 07:34 AM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default There's still room for optimism

Yes we're 7 games under .500 and yes the Knicks have a better record for us, but there's still hope. The worst part of the road trip is over and RJ has returned. Since Kidd has been a Net, we have always made the playoffs, hopefully this year will be no different and we'll make it as the 7th seed. As an 8th seed I don't think we have a chance against the Pistons, but against anyone else? Hell yeah.

@Grizzlies
@Hornets
Heat
LA Clippers
Nuggets
@Magic
@Bobcats
Pacers
@Pistons
Sixers
Hawks
@Bulls
Wizards
@Wizards
@Cavs
Knicks
@Pacers
@Knicks
Bulls

We have 19 games remaining, I think we could win 12 of them, which would leave us at .500. We should win this games, but the problem all season has been losing games we should have won.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: There's still room for optimism

Sorry that I'm being pessimistic, but....I'm literally giving NJ one more chance. Yes, one more chance to prove to me that they still have hope and any slight of aspiration to make the playoffs and make their mark. If they lose to Memphis tonight (another very winable game), doesn't matter if it's by 1 or by 25, I'm giving in. I've given the Nets plenty of chances to turn that corner, and it's simply ridiculous that they still have not 60+ games into the season, and effort is still the big question. Effort should not be a question, it should be by default, especially in the situation they're in. But they keep on laying that big fat egg right after they win a couple of games when we think they changed.

Forget it. I'm not watching Nets games anymore if they lose this one. I've been far too loyal to the Nets this season to spend anymore of my valuable time watching a bunch of uninspired players let worse teams get the best of them again and again. Simply too many wasted nights. And as VC said when he was still a mod, "I'm only willing to be a fan forever unless that team plays hard night in and night out." And if the Nets aren't playing hard, then that means that they basically don't care if they make the playoffs or not. It's all secondary to them. What's the point of being a fan then?

If the Nets don't give it their all, they're unpredictable. Frankly, they could lose all those games without the effort. They're that type of team, they don't have a large margin for error or effort. Based on how this season has gone so far, I'd be really surprised if they win 12 out of 19 games.

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 03-12-2007 at 04:50 PM.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

me too. Im giving Jersey one more chance too. If they start playing better then the Knicks its good. If not then I say tank the season and hope for a high draft pick
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

C'mon guys. You guys know you are making the playoffs. No need for this one chance stuff. Us on the Knicks boards we've really had it ruff this year. More downs than ups. We really have a hard time loving our team. But we love them nonetheless. I'm just happy that we've done better than last year. I don't agree with Isiah getting an extension but that Dolan's money.

I say you guys make it. I hope we do, too.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Beh, I wouldn't say that. I thought the Nets were at least a team that would wake up and start playing spirited when they absolutely needed to, but unfortunately, that's not the case. Especially down this stretch, the stretch that they considered was the most important of the season, they've seemed asleep and completely out of it. At least the Knicks are playing with some heart and pride. They deserve to be in front. I have been a loyal Net fan way too long to see this bullcrap any longer. This season has been disgraceful, and yes, if they lose tonight, that's it, I'm not dealing with it anymore. It only proves that either their never going to learn from their mistakes or they're simply heartless players (with the exception of a few individuals).

Think about it, the Nets were talking about winning the title this year before the season started. I know injuries and other factors have affected us and that is a big part of why it's not happening this year, but....I will not accept a team to play this poorly and uninspired when they themselves were talking about title contentions, regardless of injuries. WTF is that? You publically say, "Oh, we're definitely thinking about winning it all," and then you don't even make the playoffs? Let alone, you don't even make an effort to make the playoffs? That's completely absurd.

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 03-12-2007 at 06:39 PM.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #6
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
C'mon guys. You guys know you are making the playoffs. No need for this one chance stuff. Us on the Knicks boards we've really had it ruff this year. More downs than ups. We really have a hard time loving our team. But we love them nonetheless. I'm just happy that we've done better than last year. I don't agree with Isiah getting an extension but that Dolan's money.

I say you guys make it. I hope we do, too.

Both the Nets & the Knicks in the playoffs would be pretty sweet

Hopefully RJ will bring some energy and life back into the team. Right now he's the only hope we have to get them inspired again.

With the Pacers and Magic(getting owned by the bobcats right now) playing like crap, we still have a pretty legit shot. Dont lose hope now
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #7
Moose

I would love to see another Nets V.s Knicks playoffs series...
Old 03-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #8
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
Both the Nets & the Knicks in the playoffs would be pretty sweet

Hopefully RJ will bring some energy and life back into the team. Right now he's the only hope we have to get them inspired again.

With the Pacers and Magic(getting owned by the bobcats right now) playing like crap, we still have a pretty legit shot. Dont lose hope now

It's good to see you back man. I thought you were gone too. VC is missed and I know he reads these posts so I hope he comes back. Don't you disappear on us in NYK land though, Jerz.

I hope you guys can hold on and I hope that the Knicks can pull off some more miracles. I just feel that you guys are better equipped than us.

Once again, good to see ya man.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #9
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
I would love to see another Nets V.s Knicks playoffs series...

That would rule. Really. This series again would make the Metro areas in Jersey and NYC explode. Lets keep the faith.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #10
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Quote:
It's good to see you back man. I thought you were gone too. VC is missed and I know he reads these posts so I hope he comes back. Don't you disappear on us in NYK land though, Jerz.

I hope you guys can hold on and I hope that the Knicks can pull off some more miracles. I just feel that you guys are better equipped than us.

Once again, good to see ya man.

thanx bro. good to be back
Old 03-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #11
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Orlando loses. Nets WIN!!! You guys got this. The Knicks have to pull a miracle to win their games.

I'm telling you guys that you guys have it easier than we do. I'm hoping we win our next game. Keep the pace for the playoffs.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #12
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Orlando loses. Nets WIN!!! You guys got this. The Knicks have to pull a miracle to win their games.

I'm telling you guys that you guys have it easier than we do. I'm hoping we win our next game. Keep the pace for the playoffs.

i dunno amigo. its gonna be tight till the end. Pacers are playing like shyt right now and w/ jermaine out they gonna keep dropping.

im liking the chances of both NJ & NY in the playoffs
Old 03-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
i dunno amigo. its gonna be tight till the end. Pacers are playing like shyt right now and w/ jermaine out they gonna keep dropping.

im liking the chances of both NJ & NY in the playoffs

See Jerz? Indy falling gives both teams an awesome chance of making the playoffs. Orlando has to lose some more though. I like our odds.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:51 PM   #14
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

How far back are you guys from a playoff spot?
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:29 AM   #15
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
How far back are you guys from a playoff spot?

Half a game from the 8th spot and one game from the 7th and as for my predictions...I'm 1 for 1.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: