Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #16
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: First-round upsets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas
VCU is gonna beat duke

I have that to. My Brothers going to VCU on a full ride Scholorship BTW.

Quote:
Nope, duke may be overrated but so are VCU and PITT.

VCU is not overated. If they upset Duke that's big time, Winthrope might be the George Mason, If not them im going with VCU
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:29 PM   #17
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope more and more people take Davidson over Maryland and Winthrop over Notre Dame because neither is going to happen. I don't really think 9 over 8 and 10 over 7 as upsets. The upsets I'm looking at now:

12 ODU over 5 Butler. Butler hasn't beaten a decent team since mid-December, but ODU doesn't have the guards to go against Graves and Green. ODU is coming in hot winning 12 of their last 13, but they did just get hammered by mediocre GMU. I'm leaning towards Butler, though.

12 Illinois over 5 VT. When VT is on then they're really on (beat ODU by 17, App. State by 32, UVA by 27, BC by 17, and swept UNC), but when they're off, then they're really off (lost to Western Michigan, GW, Marshall, NC State by 11 at home, by 25 on the road and by 8 at a neutral site, and BC by 21). It's hard to judge a team that beat UNC twice, but lost to NC State 3 times. I've watched them played a bunch of times, and there's no telling what you're going to get. Might as well flip a coin here.

12 Arkansas over 5 USC. USC is way over-seeded as a 5, but then again, Ark probably shouldn't have made it in. If Beverley and Weems are on, then USC will be in trouble. Something is telling me Ark, but I'll probably go with USC.

11 George Washington over 6 Vandy. Vandy is way over-seed as a 6. I think GW has the experienced guards and enough height to match up against Vandy's guards. I'm leaning towards GW.

11 Stanford over 6 Louisville. I just haven't been high on Louisville all season. Stanford has had some injury problems, but they're healthy now, plus they have twin 7-footers. It's practically a home game for Louisville, though. I'm leaning towards Louisville.

Maybes:

13 Holy Cross over 4 Southern Ill
11 VCU over Duke
14 Oral Roberts over 3 Washington State
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #18
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Stanford can definitely beat Louisville. They've beaten much better teams this year. Depends on if Padgett gets his touches.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #19
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriorist
12 over 5 has a better win % than 11 over 6. Anyway, I just meant "upset" in the technical sense.
I realize that 12 v. 5 has a better percentage, I'm just saying I don't know how much of an "upset" 10 over 7 is, much less 9 over 8.

Even some 5/12 games aren't really "upsets" in any sense except seeding. I've got VTech over Illinois, but would anyone be the least bit surprised if Illinois won? I'm guessing not.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #20
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Biggest upset I have is Oral Roberts getting past Washington St.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #21
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I also have Holy Cross over SIU as my pick. I fell in love with them after watching them beat Bucknell. Torey Thomas is good.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #22
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Stanford can definitely beat Louisville. They've beaten much better teams this year. Depends on if Padgett gets his touches.

haha no chance.

well maybe im a bit biased cuz Derrick Caracter went to my High School and i worked out w/ him once at the gym

my upset is (12)Long Beach State over (5)Tennessee
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 AM   #23
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos

Stanford has lost 4 of their last 5 games. They've lost 7 of their last 11. I don't see them winning this one.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #24
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A big mistake many people make is falling in love with a single player on a team. Yeah, everyone loves Durant, but what if the rest of the team is off? What if Augustin has 12 turnovers? What if Lofton goes 2-16 from the field? They could lose to Long Beach.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #25
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
A big mistake many people make is falling in love with a single player on a team. Yeah, everyone loves Durant, but what if the rest of the team is off? What if Augustin has 12 turnovers? What if Lofton goes 2-16 from the field? They could lose to Long Beach.
you are a retard.... lofton will never shoot that bad and tennessee has a very good team other than him.... they have chism and crews who are deep. anyway all you other retards are picking terribly... if you want to win get Arizona in your final four.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #26
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
you are a retard.... lofton will never shoot that bad and tennessee has a very good team other than him.... they have chism and crews who are deep. anyway all you other retards are picking terribly... if you want to win get Arizona in your final four.
i got some news for you, Purdue is going to beat Arizona sorry
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: