Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Mardy Collins should get more playin time.

me personally im a mardy collins fan. he needs to get more time on the court. and i think the knicks need to trade or get rid of some guys so he can play more. when u watch him play his defensive ability is incredible. mardy collin has all-nba type of defensive ability. all he has to do is improve him jumper shot and he will be good.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mardy Collins should get more playin time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
me personally im a mardy collins fan. he needs to get more time on the court. and i think the knicks need to trade or get rid of some guys so he can play more. when u watch him play his defensive ability is incredible. mardy collin has all-nba type of defensive ability. all he has to do is improve him jumper shot and he will be good.

Do you think he's good enough to be a starter? Now, I mean.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #3
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Do you think he's good enough to be a starter? Now, I mean.

yea i think so because of his defensive ability. and the good thing about collins is that he doesnt force the issue and he doesnt play 100 mph. the only problem is that he's not an offensive threat.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
yea i think so because of his defensive ability. and the good thing about collins is that he doesnt force the issue and he doesnt play 100 mph. the only problem is that he's not an offensive threat.

Who do you compare him to? I mean like who do you think he'll be as good as? I feel that he'll be like a Derek Harper, maybe. Just needs that 3 pt shot like him. Now, is he able to develop it for next year? At least a consistent short range shot?
Old 03-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Yeah I like him.

He does have a sweet shot.

I think he has the complete package and will develop a 3 point shot. It seems he's really working on things.

Good comparison to Derek Harper, yes I can see him starting at the point and running the team, at 6'6" he's a tall order for a point.

If he keeps developing I see him as a starter on the Knicks when marbury is on the way out.

What we really need is a legit 2.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #6
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Yeah I like him.

He does have a sweet shot.

I think he has the complete package and will develop a 3 point shot. It seems he's really working on things.

Good comparison to Derek Harper, yes I can see him starting at the point and running the team, at 6'6" he's a tall order for a point.

If he keeps developing I see him as a starter on the Knicks when marbury is on the way out.

What we really need is a legit 2.

I have been saying that we need a real shooting guard for months now. Crawford will not be able to be that. He's too erratic and I think it's too late for him to change. Collins, in my opinion, is the future. Just like you guys say. I have to stress though that we need DEFENSE. Letting Ariza go really hurt us. He was really good at what he was asked for. Disrupting the other teams strategy. I see Collins getting only better at the defensive side of the ball. The only thing he needs is playing time. Getting that from Zeke is a different story.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
Xman DoublD
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Xman DoublD has an OK reputation so far

I also really like Collins, was really excited the Knicks drafted him. He looks to have the potential to be a really special pg in the nba. Just hope Isiah makes it more of a priority to start grooming him to replace Steph in a few years.

As for the 2 guard, i really like Q there with Crawford coming off the bench to change things up...just an issue of Q staying healthy. If that's not going to happen then yeah we need someone besides Crawford as our starting 2.
Xman DoublD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #8
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I know about back injuries, trust me, write Q off. I love Q but reality bites.....unless he realizes that he can only compete as a 2-3 swing and about 15 minutes a game he's going to be a problem.

I hope Q's ego doesn't get in the way. He would be an asset for any team even if it's for 15 minutes a game.

As for Crawford a starting 2....forgettabowtit.......he stinks.

Another bench player who should only be used as a backup and offensive player off the bench. He has no ball skills and no court sense. He also is a huge defensive liability!!!

We have a future point in Collins, we have a center in Curry, we have 2 PF's in Lee and Frye. Jefferies and Balkman play the 3.

Marbury is our point until he gets traded or starts breaking down and has to play less minutes. He is breaking down. He is having injury problems now, he never did before. That's what happens to guys 30+ that play as hard as he does.

What we need is a legit 2, tall lanky with a jump shot and can score off the dribble, play some D. he doesn't have to be the second coming of Jordan just a good player with a good all around game to compliment the already talented team we have.

Yes we have a lot of Talent. Now if Zeke would let the young players play and develop you will see just how talented they are.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #9
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

i havent seen collins play enough to judge him, but he does seem to be really calm for a rookie when hes on the court and like one of you said he doesnt seem to force the issue. but i missed some of the games where he got minutes. and Q, 15 minutes? that seems low.. i mean hes played almost 35 mpg for most of the season. maybe he needs to limit his game to mostly jump shooting as a 2 guard, starting or off the bench.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #10
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Collins is really raw out there. He's very foul prone and he's an offensive liability, but I like his size and the thought of having a 6'6" pg, so I don't mind him getting pt to develop.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #11
Xman DoublD
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Xman DoublD has an OK reputation so far

So does everyone agree that our holes are at the 2 and 4 position? If so, which pos. do we MOST need someone new? IMO, it's PF. We only really have Frye and he's really too soft to start and play a lot of minutes there. At least at SG we do have guys that can play there...Francis, Q, Crawford and make solid contributions.
Xman DoublD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #12
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman DoublD
So does everyone agree that our holes are at the 2 and 4 position? If so, which pos. do we MOST need someone new? IMO, it's PF. We only really have Frye and he's really too soft to start and play a lot of minutes there. At least at SG we do have guys that can play there...Francis, Q, Crawford and make solid contributions.

We are lacking that big body in the PF position. I find Frye hurting us more than anything. He's just not a defensive guy. He's off and on when shooting. He was more consistent during the start of the season. We need someone solid. Jefferies doesn't cut it either. PF is something that has to be worked on in the offseason most definitely. We have an over abundance at the guard position. Mind you that they aren't SG's but they are guards.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:26 AM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Mardy Collins starting?

Not with the way Stephon Marbury is playing, he's back to starbury. Mardy should be getting more minutes because of his defense.

More Minutes for Mardy Then what about Nate?
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #14
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Mardy Collins starting?

Not with the way Stephon Marbury is playing, he's back to starbury. Mardy should be getting more minutes because of his defense.

More Minutes for Mardy Then what about Nate?

Nate can wait for the next Slam Dunk contest so he can make a fool of himself like this year. That's all the playing time that I'd give him.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #15
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Collins has more upside.

Q is a problem and will always be in and out of the lineup with back issues.

Frye and Lee should be the starting four and three.

But Lee is hurt, he was our inside man.

I haven't given up on Frye....yet.

Another big body.....there will be no room for Curry. Curry has to learn to use his body for more than what he is using it for. That is rebounding and defense.

This team was being designed to run and gun, somewhere along Zeke changed up to a half court team. Getting the ball in the low post to Curry and running our offense through him, were did that come from?

I think that was a mistake.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: