Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Phil's quote: appropriate or not?

Quote:
But Lakers coach Phil Jackson was not about to claim that Odom's return -- as well as Luke Walton's -- would be enough to stabilize the Lakers, who are riding their second six-game losing streak in barely a month.

"The way they're playing now, it doesn't matter who comes back,'' Jackson said. "Jesus Christ could come back and we still wouldn't have a chance because we've ruined the mix by not playing together, not doing the right thing.''

Some fans expressed how inappropriate this is of Phil to use the context of Jesus like this and how it may come back to haunt the Lakers...personally, I just see it as a way to motivate the team; Phil is known for making such statements and I don't see much wrong in it

Last edited by hotsizzle : 03-12-2007 at 02:35 PM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Phil's quote: appropriate or not?

hey what's up with Smush?

watched the first half or so last night and his dumb ass puzzled me, what's up with him?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
hey what's up with Smush?

watched the first half or so last night and his dumb ass puzzled me, what's up with him?

He's a cancer. bad attitude all the time...had to speak with jerry buss about it earlier in the season but still carries it.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
"Jesus Christ could come back and we still wouldn't have a chance because we've ruined the mix by not playing together, not doing the right thing.''

I really don't think Jud Buechler will come out of retirement.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #5
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Phil sounds like a realist... having odom return from injury isn't going to put this team on pace with what the lakers were doing in the 1st half of the season.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #6
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Some fans expressed how inappropriate this is of Phil and how it may come back to haunt the Lakers...personally, I just see it as a way to motivate the team; Phil is known for making such statements and I don't see much wrong in it

Neither do I. I think Phil is almost 100% on this one..
As far as I saw for the past a few games.

Kobe' is not being agressive on offensive end.
No one took care of the ball.
No one wanna play D.
Smush being a dumbass and a mini T.O.
No Team chemistry.

A single player can only slightly improve a bit. Not much difference can be made in the big pictures.
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

of course people will be upset, there's probably still people out there that think games should not be played on sunday...
and there's a whole group who don't like jackson...
For me it's nothing bad, it's certainly no worse than things i have said...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #8
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

PJ's remark are not appropriate, I used to respect him but not anymore, his choice of words are uncalled for, he sure offended me, what's next?, say that even Allah can not help our team, PJ's brain may have moved to his hips when he had hip replacement.
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
PJ's remark are not appropriate, I used to respect him but not anymore, his choice of words are uncalled for, he sure offended me, what's next?, say that even Allah can not help our team, PJ's brain may have moved to his hips when he had hip replacement.

you muslim? same.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #10
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Big deal.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #11
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Some fans expressed how inappropriate this is of Phil to use the context of Jesus like this and how it may come back to haunt the Lakers...personally, I just see it as a way to motivate the team; Phil is known for making such statements and I don't see much wrong in it

I usually don't like it when people are politically correct and tend to think people are soft when their feelings get hurt so easily.

I think Phil Jackson was wrong to say this. Keep religion out of this. Jesus is loved, revered, and respected by many religions and to say this is wrong. To include a religious figure in your negative tirade of your team who is loved, revered, and respected by many just to vent your frustration is wrong.

Phil Jackson needs to choose his words carefully. What was he trying to prove??? That statement is not going to motivate a team. He should just keep handing out books for his players to read.

Maybe this team needs some religion. Maybe they need to pray together, meditate together, I don't know, but leave religious figures out of all negative talk and tirades. We understand that Phil Jackson is frustrated, fine, be frustrated, we're all frustrated, but this is not a means of motivation.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #12
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
I really don't think Jud Buechler will come out of retirement.
i thought he meant larry bird.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #13
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

I'm not in the least bit offended. Hyperbole, exxageration, I get it. Otherwords the Lakers are playing so bad that nothing could help them, not even the all powerful almighty himself. Makes sense.

Atleast he didn't say "I could care less..." about something he doesn't care about, or say he wants the Lakers to do a 360
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #14
wild orchid
Serious playground baller

wild orchid has no real reputation yet.

How long is Smush's contract?
wild orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #15
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild orchid
How long is Smush's contract?

done after this season. so hes gone soon
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: