Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far
Default Rockets: Most capable underdog in first round?

It seems out of all the seeds, the rockets seem to be the one everyone is scared of. T Mac is back to normal. Yao is a beast. Rafer gives them steady PG play. discuss.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #2
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rockets: Most capable underdog in first round?

Maybe if Yao showed T-Mac how to hit a free throw. Guards in general are ****tier than ever at free throw shooting.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:10 PM   #3
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

depends, if we run into the suns then its over quickly and easy.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Suns would steamroll them, but they do have a better shot then any of the other underdogs against Dallas, San Antonio, and Utah.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 AM   #5
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Denver could be the scary one to face if they can stay out of injury(or suspensions). AI love the big stage.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:48 AM   #6
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

I would say Bulls and even Miami are bigger underdogs than the Rockets, both teams are better then their record suggests and both teams are capable of an upset over any team.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:11 AM   #7
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

The Rockets have a chance to beat any team in a 7 game series except for the Suns.........just a extreme match up problem. All their strengths directly reflect all our weaknesses.

Nash just breaks down every damn defense he faces and JVG doesn't know how the hell to design a offensive gameplan to stay in the game and keep up with them and they run Yao right off the damn court. Also, Rafer is too damn dumb to control the pace and slow the game down, he plays right into their hand. Thats why Gundy kept pulling him tonight.

I hope Nash breaks a freaking leg..............J/K

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 03-13-2007 at 02:14 AM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 AM   #8
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
Suns would steamroll them, but they do have a better shot then any of the other underdogs against Dallas, San Antonio, and Utah.

Rockets should terrify the Spurs, Jazz and Mavericks. But as a Suns fan I'm not scared at all and it's not just because I think we have the best team, it's because of the matchups (like it needs to be said again:) ).

If I'm the Mavericks I'm **** scared of the Rockets. Dampier will foul out in 5 minutes and Yao will hit all his free throws. Who's going to guard T-mac? We know who will guard Dirk .
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:21 AM   #9
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All is well and said, until bam! we get punched into reality by the Suns.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:24 AM   #10
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Why would we be afraid of the Jazz? Dont get me wrong, they're a very good team, but I'd take them over playing a first rounder against the Mavs, Spurs and Suns any day. On top of that, they dont have a true superstar on that squad. We have TWO.

Being that the Rockets and Suns are my two favorite teams in the league, I really hope they dont meet each other until the latter rounds of the playoffs. We match up extremely poorly with that squad anyways, although I still believe we have a shot to beat them in a 7 game series. The danger of playing run and gun are those nights when the shots are falling. Then its an all out defense, half-court set brawl, and you know clearly who that's going to favor.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:40 AM   #11
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

IDK. I think the Rox would ultimately give the Suns trouble in the playoffs. The past 2 years have repeatedly shown that the way to beat them in the playoffs is good D, pounding the ball inside , controlling the clock.

I think given the time of a playoff series, the Rox could figure out Phx. Tmac and Yao just flat out sucked 2nite.

Im just saying that if the Lakers and Clipps can take them to 7 by pounding the ball and good perimeter play, then Yao and Tmac healthy should definately be a problem.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 03-13-2007 at 02:53 AM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:50 AM   #12
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

There is only one thing that gives me hope and it is very, very, very..........very, slight hope and that is the fact that everytime we played them this year we were coming off the front end of a back to back.

If we lose the last game of the season against them given a day off and plenty of time for Yao and Tmac to gel, I don't give the Rox much of a chance against them if we do happen to meet them in the playoffs.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:54 AM   #13
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Why would we be afraid of the Jazz? Dont get me wrong, they're a very good team, but I'd take them over playing a first rounder against the Mavs, Spurs and Suns any day. On top of that, they dont have a true superstar on that squad. We have TWO.

Being that the Rockets and Suns are my two favorite teams in the league, I really hope they dont meet each other until the latter rounds of the playoffs. We match up extremely poorly with that squad anyways, although I still believe we have a shot to beat them in a 7 game series. The danger of playing run and gun are those nights when the shots are falling. Then its an all out defense, half-court set brawl, and you know clearly who that's going to favor.

If that post is directed at me then I think you misunderstood. I said the Jazz should be scared of the Rockets, not the other way around. The Jazz have no one to handle T-mac in my opionion. AK's defense has fallen off and T-Mac is too quick for him.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:56 AM   #14
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
If that post is directed at me then I think you misunderstood. I said the Jazz should be scared of the Rockets, not the other way around. The Jazz have no one to handle T-mac in my opionion. AK's defense has fallen off and T-Mac is too quick for him.

But Deron Williams and Derek Fisher might totally abuse Alston.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:03 AM   #15
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

I think I'd like to see a Houston vs. Utah matchup in the playoffs if I'm Houston. Heck, maybe even if I'm Utah.

I think it's a 7-game series for sure.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: