Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #46
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Default Re: Rockets: Most capable underdog in first round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMGEE
There is 4 reasons the playoffs are a different beast:

1-The game slows down. This will suit both the Rockets and Jazz, but I will give the Jazz an edge here, nobody outexecutes Utah in a halfcourt set. You don't beat Utah playing their game, wich means Houston has to run. Did you see yao try to run against Pheonix.

I don't know about that one. Houston's half court offense is just as good, if not better than the Jazz. Last time these two teams met, a Yao-less Rockets team blew out the Jazz while T-Mac torched them for 44pts. Utah has a better chance beating the Rockets if they play a fast paced game, rather than a slow tempo one. Nobody will be able to stop T-Mac or Yao in the half court game.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #47
DRUMGEE
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
a Yao-less Rockets team blew out the Jazz .

Yao changes the Rockets for better and for worse.
But you may be right, we have two games in April to find out.

Last edited by DRUMGEE : 03-13-2007 at 06:29 PM.
DRUMGEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #48
billybadass
I hit open 5-footers

utah is definatly more of an underdog than houston who we've been hearing about for the last 3 years
billybadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #49
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:

1-The game slows down. This will suit both the Rockets and Jazz, but I will give the Jazz an edge here, nobody outexecutes Utah in a halfcourt set. You don't beat Utah playing their game, wich means Houston has to run. Did you see yao try to run against Pheonix.

What are you talking about. If you slow down and play HOUSTON'S game, they will defensively destroy you and Yao will kill Utah down low. They are best defensively in the halfcourt game (remember we have the best D in the league, especially in the HALFCOURT). Thats why we struggle against the Suns, because they move the ball too fast before we can set up defensively, if anything its Utah that needs to get out and run and yes I saw Yao try to run against Pheonix, which is even more reason why Utah has to run. I hope Utah thinks they can beat us in the halfcourt.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 03-13-2007 at 08:32 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:47 AM   #50
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:

2-Better preperation and focus on opponent. What else do you learn about Utah? The only new aspect to the Jazz's game is a 7 footer who is a clutch outside threat. Anybody else notice they run some of the same plays for Okur that they did for Hornacek? The Jazz meanwhile are really a cerebreal team, they will pick up on something over the course of this series.

3-Homecourt advantage. Like I said before, Utah's homecourt advantage is going to be huge in the first round. From the fans to the the altitude.

4-Superstars. Stars Play when the lights are on. Houston has a serious advantage, but Deron is going to break out.

Mkay first, the Spurs can outexecute the Jazz in a halfcourt set.

Two, if you slow it down, you had BETTER put a great rebounder in the post because 4 of the 5 starters are good rebounders and the back up center is also a good rebounder. When Yao and C. Hayes are in the post together not much is going to get by the two so.....

If you lose the reboinding battle you lose the game. Period.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: