Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #16
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: NBA MVP's who didn't reach the finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Ah there you are Glove_20...Im SO surprised to see you in a thread where Nash is getting discredited
And yeah Statman, I started the thread too
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #17
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
who did AI beat to make it to the finals ? hell they needed 7 games to beat toronto and milwaukee, if not for that fluke game 1 La sweeps them away, the suns play tougher comp.
Agreed

Don't compare AI to Nash. Nash is the better player there. AI made it to the finals, thats great, Nash's 2004 Suns would also be in the Finals in 2001 if they were in the East
Old 03-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #18
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
The last twenty or so years, who are the players that won the award, but never reached the finals that year or ever?

I can only think of KG and Steve Nash (TWICE HAHAHA). I think Duncan won one of his in a year he failed to reach the finals, I could be wrong, but it doesn't count cause he's played in and won finals.

Am I missing anyone else?

Charles Barkley and Karl Malone
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:48 PM   #19
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

what nba were you watching ? barkley made the finals in 1993 when he was mvp, malone also won 2 mvp's and made the finals one of those years.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:50 PM   #20
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
Charles Barkley and Karl Malone

They both made the finals their year of winning it.

In case noone has noticed, this is a Steve Nash bash thread. He's won two and hasen't reached the finals ONCE.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #21
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
what nba were you watching ? barkley made the finals in 1993 when he was mvp, malone also won 2 mvp's and made the finals one of those years.
my bad didn't read the question well enough.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #22
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Expecting a certain level of team success because of the abilities or accomplishments of one particular player is incredibly small-minded and very unreasonable.

Nash fans, welcome to the world of Wolves fans. You can just fricking deal with it for four or five more years before you start complaining.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

DreamRockets you obviously didnt see the 01 nba finals. Go download the games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Agreed

Don't compare AI to Nash. Nash is the better player there. AI made it to the finals, thats great, Nash's 2004 Suns would also be in the Finals in 2001 if they were in the East

Nash isnt the better player. There you go hating players again. Typical.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #24
DreamRockets

i have games 1, 2, 3 and, 4 in my PC, they are really easy to find with bitcomet, games 1 and 2 were close, game 3 was close because of Bs offensive foul calls on shaq all game long, deke was quite a flopper, games 4 and 5 were blowouts, and iverson shot very poorly that series, 40%fg and 70%Ft, so i don't see your point, my point was that he beat weak competition on his way to the finals compared to what nash has faced the past couple of years, and that can not be denied.

Last edited by DreamRockets : 03-13-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:07 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How bout the no calls on Shaq usingf his elbows to clear out Mutombo? We ignore that. Sixers gave the Lakers thier toughest test in the postseason. Says a lot.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #26
DreamRockets

i agree with that, and i like iverson more than nash too, and he had a piss poor team who he lead to the finals, BUT i can't condemn nash for playing way tougher comp in the first 3 rounds, don't you agree with that premise ?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #27
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Steve Nash is the worst MVP ever!

AND he won twice!

goddamnit!

I hate him and the NBA conspiracy that lead to his victory to clean up the malice in the palace mess!

Beno Udrih would be MVP if he was on the Suns!

*how many times have we been down this road?

Yall are the biggest group of saddistic h8rs I have ever seen
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
i agree with that, and i like iverson more than nash too, and he had a piss poor team who he lead to the finals, BUT i can't condemn nash for playing way tougher comp in the first 3 rounds, don't you agree with that premise ?

Yes i do.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #29
DreamRockets

honestly i dislike both, the iverson h8ers and the nash h8ers, i laugh my ass out when people praise kobe and bash iverson take shaquille o'neal out of the equation and the difference between the 2 is a lot smaller than most groopies make it out to be, iverson might even have the edge.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:22 PM   #30
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
DreamRockets you obviously didnt see the 01 nba finals. Go download the games.

Nash isnt the better player. There you go hating players again. Typical.

Who do I hate? Nash or AI?

Give me a Prime Nash over a Prime AI.
But career wise, AI is over Nash
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: