Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-13-2007, 11:20 PM   #31
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA MVP's who didn't reach the finals.

01 Sixers vs the Suns would actually be a really great game.

amazing defense (with the games best offensive player at the time) vs amazing offense. those Sixers (for one year anyway) had one of the best defenses of the last 10 years.

the 01 Finals wouldve been an even better matchup if the Sixers weren't so injured. what people don't remember is that the Sixers had 2 starters playing with broken bones and their best perimeter defender (prime George Lynch) missed the series with a broken leg. this young guy who barely played named Raja Bell had to start in place of him... they still wouldve lost but probably 4-2.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:32 PM   #32
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't know if it had to do with injuries man. In the '01 Finals, they just got straight molly whopped by a better team, full of better players, given orders by a better coach. It's that simple.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:35 PM   #33
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the team that won in 01 was one of the best teams in NBA playoff history

15-1 record

the Sixers were lucky to get game one

no way the Sixers had a chance
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:38 PM   #34
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
the team that won in 01 was one of the best teams in NBA playoff history

15-1 record

the Sixers were lucky to get game one

no way the Sixers had a chance

who said they had a chance?? lol i just said they MIGHT'VE won 2 games if they werent' missing starters. there's no way they would've won the series.

i think it was a rivalry all season. i seem to remember Philly really taking it to them earlier that year.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:39 PM   #35
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
who said they had a chance?? lol i just said they MIGHT'VE won 2 games if they werent' missing starters. there's no way they would've won the series.

i think it was a rivalry all season. i seem to remember Philly really taking it to them earlier that year.

I know what you meant

I just think even two wins is a lot to ask

the Lakers were unstoppable
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #36
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The sixers comp in 01 was as good as the Suns last year. The Suns played a 45 win Laker team and a 47 win Clipper team and lost to the Mavs. The 76ers played the Pacers with Jalen, miller and young JO, VCs raptors who were probably no worse than the Lakers of last year and the Cassell, Allen, Robinson, and Thomas(when he was still thought to have potential) Bucks. Then played the 01 Lakers who were better than any team the Suns have played in Nashs time including both teams that beat the Suns in the playoffs.

Suns last year had one of the easier routes to the ECF ive ever seen. 01 76ers comp was easily a match for it. Suns had better comp in 05. but in 06 it wasnt that great. Getting taken to 7 by two mid 40 win teams then losing to a team that didnt even win the title vs playing the teams the 76ers did and losing to one of the most dominant teams ever....

If last years Suns opponents are impressive I dont see how the 76ers wasnt.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:01 AM   #37
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

i was talking about 2005 mostly, they beat the 58 win dallas mavericks before losing to the evntual champion spurs, what team phily faced (and beat of course) was as good as dallas 2005 ?
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 AM   #38
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

This thread is ridiculous. Nash has only had 2 post seasons with the Suns and he made it to the WCF BOTH times, one time without the teams leading scorer . . .

Seriously, 2 years is all you're going to give him before setting up some kind of weird criteria in which to bash him? Give him 3 years, that's all I ask.

I have another question for you: How many MVPs have shot less then 40% in the finals?
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:42 AM   #39
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
This thread is ridiculous. Nash has only had 2 post seasons with the Suns and he made it to the WCF BOTH times, one time without the teams leading scorer . . .

Seriously, 2 years is all you're going to give him before setting up some kind of weird criteria in which to bash him? Give him 3 years, that's all I ask.

I have another question for you: How many MVPs have shot less then 40% in the finals?

He's had, what? 11 years to get to the finals? Oh, we're just going by the years he won MVP? Does everyone else get that same kind of luxury.

Sorry guy. Nash shouldn't have 2 MVP's. He won it once, and it was cute, he won it again, and it was annoying.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #40
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
He's had, what? 11 years to get to the finals? Oh, we're just going by the years he won MVP? Does everyone else get that same kind of luxury.

Sorry guy. Nash shouldn't have 2 MVP's. He won it once, and it was cute, he won it again, and it was annoying.

Hey, I don't think he deserved MVP last season either. But to critique the guy based on the 2 years he's had a team built around him in the playoffs is just stupid.

Who cares that he hasn't made the finals yet? He plays in a very hard era of Western conference basketball. He's had to face the world champion Spurs and an amazing Mavericks team in both the WCFs he's made. Take away Dirk's second best player and see how well the Mavericks do then.

This year he will lead the Suns to a championship, so it's all good.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:57 AM   #41
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Take away his second best player while making changes to help like the Suns did(trading several players before the season without Amare)? I imagine Dirk would do fine. Worked pretty well the last time they did it.

You remove any single player from the Mavs roster but Dirk and make no changes to help out they still make last years WCF if they just have to play the Lakers and Clippers.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 AM   #42
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Take away his second best player while making changes to help like the Suns did(trading several players before the season without Amare)? I imagine Dirk would do fine. Worked pretty well the last time they did it.

You remove any single player from the Mavs roster but Dirk and make no changes to help out they still make last years WCF if they just have to play the Lakers and Clippers.

The problem with that notion is that Amare was a post player and post players are very valuable during the playoffs. The Mavs wouldnt have anyone like Amare to take away.

The Suns also would have most likely done better against the lakers and clippers if they had Kurt Thomas to defend the likes of Kwame Brown, Elton Brand and Chris Kamen. The Suns defense was a lot better when he played last year.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:57 AM   #43
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Seen this discussion many times before and we'll certainly see it over and over again until Nash wins a ring (if he ever does), but I will say this, if he gets a 3rd MVP this year and doesn't get the ring with the team he has around him the award itself will have lost a lot of value.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: