Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Three Year Deal For Coach Casey

@SmithRaps: Raptors have agreement in principle with Dwane Casey on a three-year deal, according to sources
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Three Year Deal For Coach Casey

Such a strange move, I wouldn't keep him. But I guess if you factor his relationship with lowry and the 48 win season with lots of franchise records being broken it makes some sense.

Last edited by Himan12 : 05-05-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not surprised that he was brought back all things considered, but man only a day after ?
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I thought 2 with an option would be what the Raps would offer and Casey would eventually accept.
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
Not surprised that he was brought back all things considered, but man only a day after ?

This deal was undoubtedly agreed upon awhile ago and just not reported until now as not to distract from on the on court product.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:00 PM   #6
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

I'd also prefer 2 years + an option year. After this season, I didn't think there would be any chance they'd let him go, he's a very average coach, I'd prefer another person, but if he takes them through the rebuild, then whatever, not a huge deal, the team is still a few years from winning anything and if the players like him, I'm good with it.

He's not a championship level coach though, doubt Masai believes it either.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:55 AM   #7
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Firing is not that hard.
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:38 AM   #8
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
He's not a championship level coach though, doubt Masai believes it either.

He was as an assistant. I believe that's one of the reasons he was brought back.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:18 AM   #9
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

A re-up was inevitable and with how rich MLSE is the length of term is irrelevant. If he sucks, he'll still get canned.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #10
barkleynash
High School Starter

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far

Casey has improved as a coach. Is he a strong defensive coach yes. Did he have the personel to match up well with pierce and Johnson no. I don't think we can blame him for that. I was a bit surprised he never went back with fields, who was the only guy the whole series that had any semblance of success against him. Casey is stability, which this franchise needs. Multiple years in a row going to the playoffs. With young guys on their roster, one could realistically expect improvements still from Derozen and then huge upsides in Ross and Val. Lets be honest, raps nearly beat the nets with a struggling ross, an inconsistent Val and a hobbled Amir. Plus two bad matchups with JJ and Pierce.

Coach Casey needs to spend alot of team on end game situations. coming up with play designs that utilize the strengths of the players, but is not too predictable. Hiring an expert in this area, and/ or studying tape could go along way. If Masai can add a piece or two, a big. physical wing that can shut scorers down ie.tucker. I think Masai would have his defence set. Just needs to work on becoming a better offensive coach. Especially at the end of games.
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #11
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

I don't think term will be a probably, because as others have said you can just fire him if you ever need a new coach.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: