Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #31
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: weight gain at the gym

Quote:
b4 that i was 5 foot 5 75 pounds now i grew to be 5 foot 10 133.

Are you bulimic?
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #32
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
Are you bulimic?

He sees dead people?
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #33
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBall280
not gonna knock ya, i used to be pretty skinny and know how hard it is to gain weight. at 5'10, 133lbs tho your still skinny bro. u need to try to get up to around 155-165 range to look normal. also, how old are you? your metabolism will slow down when you get into your twenties so the weight gain will come easier.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #34
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
not gonna knock ya, i used to be pretty skinny and know how hard it is to gain weight. at 5'10, 133lbs tho your still skinny bro. u need to try to get up to around 155-165 range to look normal. also, how old are you? your metabolism will slow down when you get into your twenties so the weight gain will come easier.
I'm on the other side of things. I've always been chubby and not able to lose weight and keep it off. So I can't really sympathize.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #35
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

someone help me out...
i'm 5'9, 180 lbs.

i have plenty of muscle, work out 3-4 times a week, sometimes 5-6... but thats not the problem.
i'm toned everywhere but my midsection... which i attribute to horrible eating habits and waaaaaaaaay too much beer.

is flat out cardio the answer to burn off this extra chub? (i've just started flat out sprinting up really big hills... walking down again casually... then sprinting back up to the top... repeating this about 8-10 times, or until i can't do anymore)
or do i have to get on a serious diet and stop drinking beer? originally i thought i could just burn it off by working out on the regular... buuut its been 5-6 months and i can't get rid of this mini beer gut.

any recommendations? i can feel my ab muscles right underneath the skin, but yea... how do i shed that extra skin? and if i do pure cardio, will i lose muscle in other places?
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #36
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
someone help me out...
i'm 5'9, 180 lbs.

i have plenty of muscle, work out 3-4 times a week, sometimes 5-6... but thats not the problem.
i'm toned everywhere but my midsection... which i attribute to horrible eating habits and waaaaaaaaay too much beer.

is flat out cardio the answer to burn off this extra chub? (i've just started flat out sprinting up really big hills... walking down again casually... then sprinting back up to the top... repeating this about 8-10 times, or until i can't do anymore)
or do i have to get on a serious diet and stop drinking beer? originally i thought i could just burn it off by working out on the regular... buuut its been 5-6 months and i can't get rid of this mini beer gut.

any recommendations? i can feel my ab muscles right underneath the skin, but yea... how do i shed that extra skin? and if i do pure cardio, will i lose muscle in other places?

It's impossible to "spot burn". So in short, yes, cardio.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #37
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
someone help me out...
i'm 5'9, 180 lbs.

Yes u have to get on a serious diet and stop drinking beer. Dont do it all in one go because u will fail, cut **** out bit by bit and add the extra cardio. Now to minimise Muscle loss i would myself use a supplement called Glutamine very safe product and sold in health shops and iv seen it in walmart before.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #38
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

I use NOX-CG3 so I use Glutamine, but as long as you still visit the weight room, you won't have to worry about muscle loss...
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:31 PM   #39
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I use NOX-CG3 so I use Glutamine, but as long as you still visit the weight room, you won't have to worry about muscle loss...

siiiiiiiiick, i can definitely keep up my workout routine... i'll check out this NOX stuff too... thanks guys
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:39 PM   #40
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

im 18. and ik by the time im about 20 years old ill have about 160 pounds and be about 6 foot b/c my doc says i have some growing to do yet.
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #41
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
im 18. and ik by the time im about 20 years old ill have about 160 pounds and be about 6 foot b/c my doc says i have some growing to do yet.
then you should end up around 170-180 at 6 feet to be at your ideal weight.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #42
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
then you should end up around 170-180 at 6 feet to be at your ideal weight.
alrite sweet thanx for the insight
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #43
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run&Gun=Fun
I'll make it easy for you

Ectomorph= Shawn Bradley
Mesomorph= Lebron James
Endomorph= Tractor Traylor

Your generally a mix between 2 or even all of them. Eg Garnett probably an ecto meso

Other probable ecto's: Marcus Camby, Chris Bosh, Allen Iverson, Shaun Livingston.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:35 PM   #44
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:

How did you gain all that weight?
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: