Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Oden

do you think he will be better than yao after a few years when he gets to the pro's?
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Oden

no comments?
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

"Better than Yao" is pretty darn good.

Better than Yao is best center in the league.

I'm not entirely convinced Oden will reach that level.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:43 PM   #4
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

If he wins more than Yao, then yes, if he doesn't then no.

That's about what its come to for Yao now. Yao has great numbers, or did prior to his injury, but he'll get back to that. He's become a dominant rebounder, and has shown the ability to dominate even great defenders in the post offensively. But he's got to win, that's the only way he'll pass up Shaq as the best center in the game. Seeing as Shaq put up good numbers against defenses set up against him mainly, and won a title last year. And hilariously is the driving force behind a surging Heat team without "the best player in the game" Wade, where they were below .500 without Shaq and with Wade. Yao needs to make it out of the first round.

I don't know how great Oden's numbers will be, but Im totally convinced he'll be a great defensive player immediately and rebound well. Only time will tell if he'll be a great or even good scorer in the league to the tune of 20ppg. I think its possible though.

If I was forced to guess, then I'd say yes he'll be better than Yao. I think he needs some refinement on his offensive game, and more college time will do him good, but these things can also be learned in the pros if he's given the right coaches.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 03-12-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: