Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-13-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default ISH Wannabe GM Challenge: Ron Artest

Many, many posters on ISH readily bash or pick apart moves made by NBA GMs, often giving suggestions of what they would do instead.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it: build a team around Ron Artest that doesn't have saKf vomiting or cringing.

Put players (a full team, not just four starters) and a head coach around Ron Artest in such a manner that you think the team would actually work, and give reasons for your choices.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ISH Wannabe GM Challenge: Ron Artest

I can't think of an entire team, but for one, I'll put Shane Battier.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

it's impossible IMO

you think of putting a strict coach to keep him inline, but Carlisle is pretty strict isn't he? you think of putting all the pot head, boneheads around him, but that's what they did in NY and look where they are :

I'll try something:

PG- Deron Williams /
SG-
SF- Ron Artest /
PF- Rasheed Wallace
C

omg, I can't do it, I've literally tried and went back and restarted 4 or 5 times, it's impossible.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I can't think of an entire team, but for one, I'll put Shane Battier.
Well...THINK OF A WHOLE TEAM. Cool.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
it's impossible IMO

you think of putting a strict coach to keep him inline, but Carlisle is pretty strict isn't he? you think of putting all the pot head, boneheads around him, but that's what they did in NY and look where they are :

I'll try something:

PG- Deron Williams /
SG-
SF- Ron Artest /
PF- Rasheed Wallace
C

omg, I can't do it, I've literally tried and went back and restarted 4 or 5 times, it's impossible.
Rasheed, huh?

That's an all-or-nothing decision, if you ask me. Either Rasheed, who is a bit crazy himself, really befriends Artest and keeps him in line, or they both go psycho.

Skywalker says it's impossible. I'm not entirely convinced of it's feasibility either.

Keep trying, kids. Maybe we'll figure it out.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

first I tried really intense guys around him like Kobe and KG and Payton to tell him to STFU when he gets out of line, but then realized the team has to be built around Artest. So then I tried putting all the rejects around him, and couldnt think of enough rejects, or a coach that would want to coach that lol. IMPOSSIBLE.

Put the Adidas guys aroudn him and say impossible is nothing.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:32 PM   #7
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

The bad thing is, he shoots so much and has so much confidence in his offensive abilities that you can't put a lot of guys that require lots of shots around him.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #8
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

Coach-Phil Jackson

Pg Bibby(they seem to be alright)/payton(wont take his ****e)
sg-Steven Jackson(boys)/Barbosa
sf-artest/battier
pf-Marion
c-shaq(see payton)/Zo

If anyone can do it, Phil can.

Edit- Im not sure if this is Ron's team by any means but its a title contender if he has his head on straight, and a second round team out west or ECF in the east if he doesnt. The team depends on Ron and his sanity.

Last edited by bomber : 03-13-2007 at 12:37 PM.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

has to be built around Artesticle.

That team is built around Marion or Shaq.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:37 PM   #10
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
Coach-Phil Jackson

Pg Bibby(they seem to be alright)/payton(wont take his ****e)
sg-Steven Jackson(boys)/Barbosa
sf-artest/battier
pf-Marion
c-shaq(see payton)

If anyone can do it, Phil can.
Bibby, Stephen Jackson, and Shaq next to Artest?

You only play with one ball.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #11
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Right,safk, here's my team around Artest:

PG- Caldreon
SG- Battier
SF- Artest
PF- Granger
C- Jefferson

Other than Jefferson and Artest, the others don't need much shots. Granger hasn't gotten the Indiana crime flue yet, and Battier is a model citizen. Calderon again no need for many shots, can assist nicely. I put Al Jefferson in because Artest can't do it alone, he needs somebody to defer to for easy points in the paint once in a while.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #12
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

-tupac
-mike tyson
-ron artest
-dennis rodman
-rasheed wallace

coached by snoop dogg
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #13
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far

PG- Chuancey Billups
SG- Rip Hamliton
SF- Ron Artest
PF- Gerald Wallace
C- Marcus Camby

Coach - Pat Riley

There you go..
Billups, Hamliton and Wallace can settle with less than 15 shots per night and can still step it up when Artest gets suspended (which must be considered if Artest's in your team) Camby's a good paint protector and rebounder with little offensive skills.

Overall..the team would have a crazy D.

Last edited by AIR_ball_Jordan : 03-13-2007 at 12:50 PM.
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #14
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

These other teams are garbage.

Pg-D'league
sg-D'league
sf-artest
pf- d'league
c- d'league

Coach-Highschool coach from Alaska

These guys will be happy to get along with Ron.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #15
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

second attempt:

PG- Deron Williams / Gary Payton
SG- Brandon Roy / Aaron McKie
SF- Ron Artest / James Jones
PF- Charlie Villanueva / Paul Millsap
C- Jeff Foster / Alonzo Mourning

Point Guard- Deron because I needed a guy who could get guys open shots, but also shoot. I had Brevin in their but the 3pt shootign looked brutal so switched to Deron. Deron plays good D. Payton as back up. Won't take crap, and with former greats around I guess it would help Artest stay in line.

Shooting Guard- Brandon Roy for someone who can get to the rim. His D is decent as well from what I've heard. McKie as back up. Another mentor type guy.

Small Forward- Artest, because he has to be. Good d. Streaky scoring. Backup is James Jones because the team needs some three point shooting.

Power Forward- Charlie V. For my frontcourt I wanted the best offensive rebounders I could think of who would coutn as guys being put aroudn Artest. CV is a great OREB guy. Garbage bucket guy. Can post up. Back up is Millsap. Come in the game and just grab all of Artest's air balls and put them in. No but seriously, team needed a hustle guy off the bench, who grinds for his 15-20 minutes.

C- Jeff Foster. Best OREB in the league perhaps? Maybe not. But he's top 5 I say. Been around Artest. Maybe knows how to handle his antics. Back up, Zo. Zo won't take any crap. Good backup C.

Coach: Popovic. He's the best in the league. This team will be top 5 defensively, and he's a good defensive coach.

there's my best shot
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: