Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Or communicate. Maybe debate...Or discuss. Whatever you want to call it.

I've just visited some other NBA fora and it seems that certain 'team orientated' board have way moe silly discussion, one-sided arguments, strange dialogues.

To me, it seems that Toronto and Laker fans, in general, aen't that easy to have a good discussion with. Since this season the same feeling arose about a lot of Mavs fans.

I'm not bashing fanbases here, I'm generalizing to make clear what I mean.

I think it might be due to the age of most fans. The Lakers and Mavs seem popular among a lot of younger fans. Somewhat like the Pacers about 10 years ago. Younger people have more difficulties seeing the difference between facts and opinions.

Thoughts?
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
Gregsguys
Good High School Starter

Gregsguys has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

I am a raps fan and you are correct, there are a bunch of retarded raps fans running around shooting their mouthes off without putting their brain in gear...
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
Hstone
Serious playground baller

Hstone has an OK reputation so far

Toronto any theard with them in is always turned into a argument about Vince Carter
Hstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

this is the only board i ever post on, and i really don't know that i could generalize by team fans. certain individuals are awfully tough to try to get through to, and there are definitely lakers and mavs fans among them. the suns have some stubborn fans too. but us old-timers can be pretty set in our thinking and fairly inflexible when it comes to some subjects too. we just have a little more perspective because we can actually compare what we see now to our memories instead of just to stats and highlights. of course memories are fallable
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Def the Raps fans. once they have their minds set onn something they wont change it. Stubborn as hell. Some are okay though
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man

blazerftc has an OK reputation so far

I'd agree with the statements about Raptors fans. Just look at all the ROY arguments around here.
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #7
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

I don't know about Raps fans being difficult.

I'm a big fan and I readily admit their strengths and weakness.
Kwajo and Qwigybo(sp) also seem to be rational and reasonable sports fans.

Obviously any fan is going to take up their teams cause somewhat, but most of the Raps fan on here seem to do it civilly and maturely, without resorting to ad hominem attacks and baseless statements.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Raptors fans and they take pride in this kind of topic also. Not ALL Raps fans, there are some you can discuss, debate, argue and even smack a lil that are cool. They've consistently been the most unreasonable fans to debate with since I've joined this board. And hate to lump them all in together, as i said there are some that arent of this mold. Qwi and Kwajo. But most are. I bet Ranger is over at realgm incorporating scriptures in a Raps debate.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #9
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Darkess has not been impressing people

yup, Lakers and Toronto fans. Strangely, as of late I've been feeling the same way about Nuggets fans.

Too many of them don't seem to realize what position they're in, and most all of them think the Nuggets are better than they are. It's unfortunate, as they weren't this way before (in my eyes).
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #10
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

I suppose it’s counter productive to argue bitterly about how reasonable my fan base is, but I do think the Raps are getting an unfair label here. I can understand a new Jersey fan seeing it that way: since we have an eternal and wholly justified contempt for Vince Carter, but in general I would say it’s the same demographic spread as any other fan group…part a.sshole/ part respectful human being.

Last edited by Valliant13 : 03-13-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #11
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Raps fans.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #12
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Easily Laker fans. Within this board and my friends because:

1. They have this sense of entitlement. They've won many titles and feel that the rest of society still owes them for it.

2. They put Kobe on an unreachable pedestal. They don't say anything bad about him.

3. They hate on other swing players like Wade, Lebron, T-Mac, Carter...etc.

4a. They hype their team too much for the first half of the season, only to be shown the truth during the second half.

4b. As they limp into the playoffs they believe this "we're the dangerous team nodody wants to play" bullsh!t.

5. Ridiculous trade scenarios like KG for Kwame, Sasha, and draft picks.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #13
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

NASH = BEST has an OK reputation so far

I completely agree with the thread starter, Mavs and Laker fans are the silliest to argue with. Dudes always bring up ancient history like "We Beat you guys last year" & "Kobe has 3 championships, how many does your favorite player have?"... Like if any of that is relevant now, I cant wait till the Mavs and Lakers get smacked in the playoffs so that we wouldnt have to hear from them anymore!!
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #14
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Laker fans hands down, not saying all but most. They always bring up the past, like it makes a difference on what this season will bring, along with over rated their players. I've heard some say Kwame is the best post defender in the entire league, or Odom is a top SF in the league.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #15
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Maverick fans.

Laker fans are all depressed now, but they'll go on a 3 game win streak and they'll be reminding us all that the Lakers owned the NBA in the 80s.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: