Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 04:37 PM   #16
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light
 
Knoe Itawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,242
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Easily Laker fans. Within this board and my friends because:

1. They have this sense of entitlement. They've won many titles and feel that the rest of society still owes them for it.

2. They put Kobe on an unreachable pedestal. They don't say anything bad about him.

3. They hate on other swing players like Wade, Lebron, T-Mac, Carter...etc.

4a. They hype their team too much for the first half of the season, only to be shown the truth during the second half.

4b. As they limp into the playoffs they believe this "we're the dangerous team nodody wants to play" bullsh!t.

5. Ridiculous trade scenarios like KG for Kwame, Sasha, and draft picks.

I'd have to agree with this, only number 3 is mostly Kobe Fanatics. Some Laker fans can be reasonable but in general they are exactly like this.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:40 PM   #17
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year
 
DatZNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,845
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Fans of any team who has ever won a title. Because even if they're only 20 and say Celtics fans, their argument will always devolve to "How many championships you have? Talk to me when you get one" as if they were part of winning those, or even alive at the time.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #18
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
Fans of any team who has ever won a title. Because even if they're only 20 and say Celtics fans, their argument will always devolve to "How many championships you have? Talk to me when you get one" as if they were part of winning those, or even alive at the time.

Exactly. It's damn annoying and has little relevance on the current season. Sonics have won more titles then the Suns and Mavericks put together. Who the **** cares?
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,978
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Mavs fans. HowrdDirk, NowitzkiMFFL, Fabcasablancas, joe wait. Though I wouldnt be suprised if they were all the same guy. Except joewait, he's different from the rest.

Knicks fans have died down. Or smartened up.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #20
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,851
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Easily Laker fans. Within this board and my friends because:

1. They have this sense of entitlement. They've won many titles and feel that the rest of society still owes them for it.

2. They put Kobe on an unreachable pedestal. They don't say anything bad about him.


3. They hate on other swing players like Wade, Lebron, T-Mac, Carter...etc.

4a.They hype their team too much for the first half of the season, only to be shown the truth during the second half.

4b. As they limp into the playoffs they believe this "we're the dangerous team nodody wants to play" bullsh!t.

5. Ridiculous trade scenarios like KG for Kwame, Sasha, and draft picks.

#2, show me Mavs fans that say bad things about Dirk..or Suns fan that say bad things about Nash, or Heat fans about Wade, etc...btw, I've seen Laker fans criticize Kobe at times

#3 I wouldnt even consider Laker fans

#4a: Why do people keep using that? Lakers were 26-13...with almost the same amount of away and home games played. Thats on pace for 52-53 wins. In that stretch they also beat teams such as Utah, Dallas, Phx, SanAn, Houston...they deserved some hype, did they not? Injuries just caught up to them.

#4b: I don't know about you but I'm seeing alot of worrisome Laker fans nowadays

#5 in no way was discussed, maybe some dumbass fan, but everytime KG is brought up, Bynum and Odom are the most talked about players being traded for him.

That said, I get what you're saying but you're generalizing waaaay too much
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #21
Silent Mav
Local High School Star
 
Silent Mav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Old Folks Home
Posts: 1,639
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Suns fans lately. And yes there are some bad Mavs fans. And I'd even add Skywalker cause he gets so upsets at those fans he becomes hard to reason with.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:05 PM   #22
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light
 
Knoe Itawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,242
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Come on sizzle. People aren't noticing this because of 1 or 2 fans that act that way. EVERY team has a couple of fans that act unreasonably and obnoxious.

glider pointed this out about LA fans because there seems to be a LOT of them that act that way (at least on message boards), not just 1 or 2.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #23
Soccer10
Banned
 
Soccer10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: _ _
Posts: 937
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Extreme Kobe haaters. like Knoe and AAP, not guys like Loki..

And most Laker fans who quite frankly live in their own world and they have their own reality when the rest of the world sees things differently....
Just go to ********** or lakersground.
There are a few of them who are like that on ISH but ISH Laker fans are decent, especially when you compare them to LGers and CLers.

I don't have a problem with other teams fans.
Sure, there are idiots everywhere but I couldn't really make a generalization of some team base..
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #24
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,978
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Quote:
Suns fans lately. And yes there are some bad Mavs fans. And I'd even add Skywalker cause he gets so upsets at those fans he becomes hard to reason with.

bleh, when I'm debating with fans who aren't complete, blatant homers I don't do that
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #25
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,982
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkess
yup, Lakers and Toronto fans. Strangely, as of late I've been feeling the same way about Nuggets fans.

Too many of them don't seem to realize what position they're in, and most all of them think the Nuggets are better than they are. It's unfortunate, as they weren't this way before (in my eyes).

i think most Nuggets fans see Denver for what they are : a talented underachieving team whose defense sucks and whose defense has sucked for the last 2 years. there's like 1 kid on here who was posting "Contender" stuff. the rest werent even Denver fans. they were laker ********. thats why i laugh when people say "see you're a 7th seed!! all you Nugs fans said you'd be elite!! ha!!!"

we are consistent at being inconsistent. we had a horrible 13-11 record (which included our east coast trip) before we got AI and we still havent put it together.

but to answer the question, 95% of Mavs fans are ridiculous. 52-10 Avery sucks, Dirk is THE modern day Jackie Robinson (which was actually stated on this board by a Mavs fan), the refs are out to get them every single game, etc.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #26
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er
 
glidedrxlr22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: lakers r done
Posts: 5,260
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
That said, I get what you're saying but you're generalizing waaaay too much

I should've said the typical Laker fan that I come across. There are those of you that keep it real.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:27 PM   #27
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,914
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
Extreme Kobe haaters. like Knoe and AAP, not guys like Loki..

And most Laker fans who quite frankly live in their own world and they have their own reality when the rest of the world sees things differently....
Just go to ********** or lakersground.
There are a few of them who are like that on ISH but ISH Laker fans are decent, especially when you compare them to LGers and CLers.

I don't have a problem with other teams fans.
Sure, there are idiots everywhere but I couldn't really make a generalization of some team base..

You're easily one of our worst fans. ManUtd, correct?
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #28
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,914
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

And I'm going to go with Mavs fans for this one. The above mentioned Joewait, HowardDirk, Fab are all just ridiculous. No argument is worth having with them. Raiderfan can be a bit of a homer as well (especially about Dirk) but he's nowhere near some of the others.

Oh, and SilentMav is a douche.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #29
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,459
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
And I'm going to go with Mavs fans for this one. The above mentioned Joewait, HowardDirk, Fab are all just ridiculous. No argument is worth having with them. Raiderfan can be a bit of a homer as well (especially about Dirk) but he's nowhere near some of the others.

Oh, and SilentMav is a douche.
cosign. its not really even worth getting into the thread with them. Dirk dirk dirk dirk dirk dirk dirk
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #30
Scottish_Knicks
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 21
Default Re: Which fans are the hardest to argue with?

has to be the lakers fans!
Scottish_Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy