Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-13-2007, 08:39 PM   #31
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Oden says "I'm not NBA ready"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
he's playing with one hand.

Give him a break.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #32
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If and its a big IF OSU were to win the National Title. Would his mind change?
It is a big "if."

I have Texas A&M knocking them off.

saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:07 PM   #33
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

STFU Oden

you were NBA ready in the eleventh grade

I am tired of the golly gee oh gosh bit from him

getin the draft already
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:34 PM   #34
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
STFU Oden

you were NBA ready in the eleventh grade

I am tired of the golly gee oh gosh bit from him

getin the draft already
There is no reason for him NOT to go into the draft. Did he not just see that whole Matt Leinhart situation?!

Damn, why would he risk another season that could result in an injury (needing surgery) when he has a guaranteed top 2 pick in the NBA draft. Who passes up guaranteed millions?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:39 PM   #35
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
There is no reason for him NOT to go into the draft. Did he not just see that whole Matt Leinhart situation?!

Damn, why would he risk another season that could result in an injury (needing surgery) when he has a guaranteed top 2 pick in the NBA draft. Who passes up guaranteed millions?

since he is so down with doing the right thing, maybe he should go talk to a career couselor on campus.

GO: Hey counselor lady, I got a chance to get an 8 figure contract from this company if I leave school early, plus there could be a lot of promotional bonuses on the front end.

what would she say?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #36
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

I wonder who's Oden's adviser, he should declare now before its too late, maybe he belongs to a wealthy or religious family that profess "money is the root of all evil".
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #37
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

He's not staying, and neither is Durant. They're just trying not to be a distraction during the season.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #38
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
He's not staying, and neither is Durant. They're just trying not to be a distraction during the season.

eggsactlee
Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 PM   #39
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Even if he stays he'll just be ignored by his teammates.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:40 AM   #40
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Greg should owe the media alot for the great draft status he's acheived. Don't get me wrong, he was a great prospect in HS and certainly a lotto worthy pick if he was able to come out, but media had him miles above Durant going into college. Look at the outcome. He got exposed for alot of weaknesses in college. Although he is ready to be promoted, the media has definately boosted his reputation. Albiet he did play with an injured hand most of the season, but he still has minor areas to work on that he can benefit from staying.
pretend there was no media of this kid coming out of HS. Let's say he was an overseas import with very little media attention and was recruited by OSU and has played the same way.
15.5 points, 9.7 reb, 3.5 blocks is outstanding, but the way you say him play, did it stick out enough?
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #41
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
1. he was being sarcastic since oden is often said to be 40 (due to appearance)
2. his hand isnt injured anymore, in fact he has been using it the past few games. so time to let go of that excuse
3. correction his hand isnt 100% but he has been usiong it

Until the cast is gone, the hand is an excuse. Is he still shooting left handed fts?

And I hope a lot of these guys stay another year. For various reasons. Oden will be ready for the NBA, but I'd love to see him continue to work on his post scoring on the college level; Durant needs to work on his body; B Wright needs to get a bit stronger also, and extend his range. Though I do believe Wright is rather ready as far as skills go, just strenth.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 03-14-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:48 AM   #42
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Oden is ABSOLUTELY Nba ready.

DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:49 AM   #43
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
Oden is ABSOLUTELY Nba ready.

How friggin' tall is that chick?
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:55 AM   #44
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

probably 6ft. She's in front of the camera shooting from below and he's bent over some. I'm just wondering what kind of party it is with dudes pinned up on the wall getting grinded on.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:18 AM   #45
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

i have always stated that oden right now is overhyped, but i like the dude and respect him for demanding more development out of himself. he's a rare cat.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: