I was down in Miami Beach for Spring break of 04, and I went to see the Mavs and Heat play in person. Rafer Alston hit a three pointer over the outstretched arms of Shawn Bradley in overtime with 0.3 seconds left. The Heat were down most of the game, but rallied to send it into overtime to help set up Alston's heroics
1. Cavs vs. Spurs on Jan 2 this year because my gf flew up from NM to go to that game with me
2. Cavs vs. Rockets back in like 2003 because we had seats right behind the basket and i got to see Francis and Yao up close
3. Cavs vs. Knicks LeBron's rookie year. It was my first game of the LeBron era and it was amazing to see how the atmosphere at the Gund had changed in one year
4. Cavs vs. Celtics back in like 1998 i think. I just remember the entire arena boo'ing Cedric Henderson every time he got the ball just because he sucked even though he was on our team lol...it was priceless to see the whole arena in on a joke like that
Cavs vs sixers. Last year. First game. Got to see AI up close and go out on the floor and line up and all the cavs player ran through and we gave them high fives. Pretty cool. (My friend works their)
And the play off series vs the pistons. Had game 7 tix vs wizards but they won got to go see the pistons and everything. That place was so loud. Screaming detroit sucks. Detroit sucks. It was just awesome. I went to the first 2 home games of that series. Should have gone to game 6 ehh.
celtics v. twolves in 91. it was the last time i saw larry bird live and he was amazing. 35, 9, 9. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...S19910227.html
the crowd was on it's feet and chanting "larry, larry!" literally the entire first half from the introductions, and the chant started again at the top of the 3rd and again when he went out in the fourth. at the risk of sounding like bill simmons, the people at the garden loved larry more than any fan base i've ever seen with any other player. larry was injured a lot that season, so the fans were aware that he might not be with them much longer so they were sentimental about everything while still be amazed by him. it was really intense adulation.
i also saw a bulls game at gund arena in 98 and the hate of those fans was pretty intense. i was up in the nose bleeds listening to this one rabid chicago fan screaming back and forth with everyone else in the area. that was pretty great though the game wasn't much to talk about.
- None in basketball yet, but that should change this season because I will get to go to the NBA Finals if the Mavs make it. I have the opportunity to go to atleast 2 games per playoff series, depending on how long they last.