Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-13-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
Knine
I hit open layups

Knine has an OK reputation so far
Default What does smoking marijuana do to your game?

Anybody smoke weed? What has it done to your game. Im pretty sure you'll be out of breath quicker but what else?
Knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board
Default Re: What does smoking marijuana do to your game?

nothing whatsoever unless you are a chronic smoker
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

What kind of question is this? Nothing. Maybe if you smoke every day for five years you will have less stamina?

Are you referring to playing while high? Just a buzz-kill.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

no way in hell anyone can get high and manage to play ball at all. dribbling the ball becomes a chore and it'll probably go all over the place.

even if you were to muster enough willpower to get on the court, you'll likely fall on the floor and not mind it.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:38 PM   #5
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong waySupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong way

turns you into carmello anthony.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

why smoke marijuana in the first place?
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
why smoke marijuana in the first place?

it's very fun.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

are you talking about playing while being high?

or just how it affects your game if you have the habbit?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #9
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
turns you into carmello anthony.

You think melo and ai get blazed every night?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #10
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
no way in hell anyone can get high and manage to play ball at all. dribbling the ball becomes a chore and it'll probably go all over the place.

Naa, it's not that bad. I've done it, although I didn't smoke a ton. I was a little lazier than I might've been, but it's not like I was falling over.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:01 PM   #11
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

it makes u play better cuz u do things without thinking.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Pass me the Weed
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:38 PM   #13
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

nah for those who have not tried it, try it.

it is intensely different from drinking a crapload of alcohol and very very different from the cigarette effect.

take a hit, keep it in your lungs as long as you can, then exhale. if you are a beginner, 4 hits of decent stuff should get you going.

your hearing becomes altered to the point it seems like you are listening with one ear (you know when you cover one ear, the sound becomes amplified somewhat?)

and you may think you are in control, but no, your body becomes detached from your mind.

awesome stuff.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:28 AM   #14
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

even if you were to muster enough willpower to get on the court, you'll likely fall on the floor and not mind it.

not true if you've smoked a lot

I played in college with a guy who was chronic and he was high at all time and played and practiced high

he was pretty high strung so it actually settled him down a bit

the downside of playing high (I personally dont like it) is that you are less agressive and like VC says, straight lazy.

the upside is that you have a better focus and if you can get on the right wavelengh you can stroke the shiiiit out of the ball.

If your game is herky jerky and a little out of control it may be just what you need.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:31 AM   #15
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I never had trouble dribbling when I was stoned. In fact, even when typing on my computer while stoned out of my gourd, I would rarely ever make a typo. To some people, it becomes part of the routine.

I'm also curious what **** VC was smoking... ;) Seriously though, want to know what weed feels like? Watch the beginning of the movie Half Baked when Dave is recalling the first time he ever smoked weed. Look at how the characters move, how they look kind of gray, the distorted angles, etc. The part inside the store when they're moving in slow motion and everyone else around them is walking by at normal speed. That is EXACTLY how it feels.

Watch it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ASq4YR-_D4
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: