Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 01:31 AM   #1
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here
Default In defense of the rational Lakerfan

I read this on another column about most annoying fans by GLYDREXLER22. Allow me to state my case.

Laker fans:

1. They have this sense of entitlement. They've won many titles and feel that the rest of society still owes them for it.

First of all, don't use the word they. With they, you are generalizing laker fans. Believe it or not, there are some knowledgable, realistic, and pragmatic Lakerfans on this board and around the planet. Second of all, we have won a lot of titles and we're proud to be part of a successful franchise. However, what's done is done. We are in the process of rebuilding and hope to get back on that pedestal once again. No one owes us ****. The NBA is a business and a process. We are currently on the losing end of that process.

2. They put Kobe on an unreachable pedestal. They don't say anything bad about him.

I am a Laker fan. Not a kobe fan. If you trade kobe for Chris dudley and 9 draft picks, I will cheer for Chris dudley and 9 draft picks (although I would have Kupchack killed somehow but that's not the story). Kobe has failed us many times. However, he is our best player and one of the best talents in the league and we are happy to have him and certainly hope that his peak as a basketball player is maximized by our management. Once again, don't generalize. Know the difference between a Laker fan and a Kobe fan.

3. They hate on other swing players like Wade, Lebron, T-Mac, Carter...etc.

I would trade Kobe for Lebron in a blink of an eye (sorry to Laker fans who find this treacharous). Lebron is unstoppable and to me, the best player in the league. Tmac is a rare talent that no one can hate on. Wade on the other hand, I can't stand. His humble persona ticks me off. Maybe I am a ***** with respect to Wade as I just can't stand him. Although he is a fabulous basketball player. Dirk and Nash are both amazing and should be frontrunners for MVP. Pierce and Ray Allen are also amazing to watch.

4a. They hype their team too much for the first half of the season, only to be shown the truth during the second half.

Its a given that we played 15 out of our first 20 games at home and ended up 14-6. We lost ODOM that same day. We continued to a 26-13 record through an 8 game road trip while beating the Spurs twice, Houston twice, Utah, Phoenix, and Dallas. The Laker team is a chemistry team. When we're good we're good, when we're bad, we're bad. Right now, we're bad. Go ahead and hang me as I say this: Our injuries killed us. Simple as that. 9 different players have been injured this season, we've had a complete starting lineup for 7 games. We're full health starting tomorrow, hopefully we get better. If we continue to slump, maybe you will be right. But you definitely haven't proved your 4a statement yet.

4b. As they limp into the playoffs they believe this "we're the dangerous team nodody wants to play" bullsh!t.

The Rockets are currently the team nobody wants to play. Apart from them, ask Spurs Mavs and Suns fans who they woudln't want to play apart from the Rockets. You don't need a Laker fan to tell you.

5. Ridiculous trade scenarios like KG for Kwame, Sasha, and draft picks.[/

Show me where that trade scenario was made. As far as I remember, it was KG for Lamar, Bynum, and a few others. And this was when Lamar and Drew's stock were insanely high. We clearly know now that they aren't worth KG. So yes, there are realistic Lakerfans.

In other words, don't generalize, mother****er.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:40 AM   #2
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: In defense of the rational Lakerfan

would you rather have free Jolibee's for life or access to every Lakers game on your TV?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:43 AM   #3
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
would you rather have free Jolibee's for life or access to every Lakers game on your TV?

I'm not filipino, I just live here. In any case, you should still shut your mouth. And I already do have access to every Laker game on TV and I fly to see them live every now and then. So kiss my ass.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #4
DLeagueWannabe
a softer side

DLeagueWannabe has an OK reputation so far

Amen...u speak for me, and I thank you....
DLeagueWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:47 AM   #5
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
I'm not filipino, I just live here. In any case, you should still shut your mouth. And I already do have access to every Laker game on TV and I fly to see them live every now and then. So kiss my ass.

Jolibees is good MFer

keep your pants on

be happy I replied to your lame thread, whose issues could have easily been handled in the original thread

but

you decided to reply to a post in another thread in yoru own special thread

typical attention whoring Laker fan

you dont even see the irony do you

just like Kobe it has to be about you, and you have to be in the spotlight. Replying to a post in its proper thread is not good enough for the entitled Laker fan, you need your own thread so everyone can see, and you can be the center of attention.

you played yourself
Old 03-14-2007, 02:00 AM   #6
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

The thread wasn't good enough to defend as it was about which fans we're most annoying. It was a pointless thread as it welcomed generalization. There was no room to solely focus on the Lakers there as it was flooded with randomness about a few different teams. However, everyday you hear a different Lakerfan generalization and fans like me who just want to watch basketball and want the Lakers to win can't help but speak up against these false accusations. We take being sportsfans seriously and we value our rep and knowledge about the sport we love.

Therefore, a thread on its own is definitely required. You make it about us before we do it ourselves.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:07 AM   #7
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

yeah, but as you know with any team, the support runs from retardation to knowledgeable.

a lot of Laker fans on here have made efforts to be reasonable, its been acknowledged.

you are obviously doing the same, but you have to admit, even from your own actions, laker fans have a sense of entitlement, be it that they need to be the best team, get the best free agents, or have constant attention.

it is not a bad thing, the Yankees and their fans are the same way, it might even be what helps keep them on top.

but to say that isnt the case is just wrong. Laker fans, like their city, love the spotlight.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:19 AM   #8
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
yeah, but as you know with any team, the support runs from retardation to knowledgeable.

a lot of Laker fans on here have made efforts to be reasonable, its been acknowledged.

you are obviously doing the same, but you have to admit, even from your own actions, laker fans have a sense of entitlement, be it that they need to be the best team, get the best free agents, or have constant attention.

it is not a bad thing, the Yankees and their fans are the same way, it might even be what helps keep them on top.

but to say that isnt the case is just wrong. Laker fans, like their city, love the spotlight.

We do love the spotlight. But that alone does not make a case for generally hating on us. Its how you love the spotlight and how you approach it. And yes, there are IRRATIONAL, IRRITATING, UNREALISTIC, DUMBASS LAKER FANS. This doesn't mean we can be taken as one, or as a whole as we were in the previous thread. The fans that understand the game should not be included.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:29 AM   #9
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

I see it everyday but what can you do? Just keep talking ball. There are some stupid Laker fans out there that will taint real fans' reputations...but if you establish yourself as a reasonable poster then who cares. One thing that does irritate me though are the insults thrown around when a non-laker fan disagrees with a laker fan. Its an automatic "gr0upie, delusional, etc."

The large laker fan base is a direct result to this. You have more irritating fans because you have a larger group of fans. Larger the whole fanbase, the larger the sample size.

Bottom line: Lakers, as an organization and a team, standout...creating controversy. Hardcore fans and hardcore h@ters. Theres a reason they have the most nationally televised games no matter how good or bad of a team they are. Theres a reason they sell the most tickets on the road. Add on to that we have the most polarizing sports figure today. You're gonna get the whole package...love, hate, obnoxiousness, etc.

I should also point out that the average basketball fan (and there are alot of laker fans of those) sees things as wins and championships and may be baffled...they see Kobe wrecking on the court and they're amazed...leading to stupid delusional opinions at times that are striking because of the controversy that Lakers initially create.

Last edited by hotsizzle : 03-14-2007 at 02:32 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:25 AM   #10
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Each team has their "obnoxious" fans. It isn't just the Lakers, but don't worry I won't generalize.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #11
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I actually think lovethetriangle's response was fair and I agree. I personally hate generalizations and I have called folks out here before when they make them.

The bottom line: If you don't like a person's opinion about their team or a player, call THEM out on it... do not make generalizations about an entire fan base or team.

Its that easy and makes the forum that much more pleasant!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:39 AM   #12
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

You can cry about generalizations all you want, but the bottom line is that so many people don't reach the SAME conclusions about a group of fans unless there's a lot of truth to it. glider basically said what many of us have said over the years about the more extreme Laker fans.

Sure there are reasonable Laker fans, but they are often drowned out by the morons who tend to be the loudest, and most obnoxious.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:42 AM   #13
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Sure there are reasonable Laker fans, but they are often drowned out by the morons who tend to be the loudest, and most obnoxious.

And the converse is true as exemplified by certain individuals here, so I agree with your point wholeheartedly... the extremes can distort reality on both sides of any dynamic.

I am sure you knoe who I speak of.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:47 AM   #14
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Last edited by FashionIssues : 03-14-2007 at 09:49 AM.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #15
SoCalMike

For those that don't know what Jollibee is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jollibee

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: