Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 07:34 AM   #16
garytalarino
Kids at the park dunk on me

garytalarino has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Defensive player of the year so far

Kevin Garnett. Leads the league in rebounding, 1.3 steals & 1.7 blocks per game. Now that's quality...
garytalarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #17
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxia
Camby's stats are worthy but a bit inflated due to the high pace the Nuggets play. If he is so valuble, they why are the Nuggets such a terrible defensive team?

The award is defensive player, not defensive team. My vote goes to Marcus Camby
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #18
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

nonsense, if you are a great defender you'll make a defensive impact no matter how much the team sucks, look at the kings with artest last year, i hope camby doesnt win it, he is the most overrated defensive Pos in the league, going up for a block against midgits who aren't afraid to drive to him is far from impressive, better give it to alonzo mourning, look at how much shots he blocks in the minutes he plays.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #19
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Nobody has Okafor? He's my pick.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #20
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Josh Smith has to be in the convo. 2.8 bpg and 1.4 spg is just nasty.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #21
garytalarino
Kids at the park dunk on me

garytalarino has an OK reputation so far

Camby is overrated, and Bill Walton pointing this out in a game a few weeks ago made me fully realize it. His stats do lie (although it's still true that "ball don't lie"). He's a help defender that only helps out his teammates about 40-50% of the time. He only has an interest in grabbing boards, and never steps out to challenge a shot that's outside of the restricted area. He should be averaging Rodman-type numbers in rebounds the way he plays for them. I've never seen a player steal so many from his own teammates - he must have a rebounding bonus clause in his contract.

Last edited by garytalarino : 03-14-2007 at 09:06 AM.
garytalarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #22
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Ben Wallace.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:21 AM   #23
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not even one mention of Shane Battier? Very weak guys.

I'd pick either Garnett or Battier. Maybe Duncan.

EDIT: NM, I clearly can't read. Battier was mentioned.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #24
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think it's a close race between Emeka Okafor and Tim Duncana right now. Duncan has the advantage, soley because the Spurs are the defensive team they've always been, but we'll see how these last, what, 18 games play out.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #25
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

I was going to say Battier.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #26
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. Tim Duncan
2. Shane Battier
3. Nobody

People saying Emeka, Josh Smith and Camby... have you watched these guys? They very rarely shut down an opposing player, these guys just get stats, they don't play true defense.

KG can't win it, his team is arse.

I'll be the first one to mention, but Anthony Parker anyone? Maybe the All Defensive 2nd team?
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #27
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
I'll be the first one to mention, but Anthony Parker anyone? Maybe the All Defensive 2nd team?

Parker has no chance for DPOY but a spot on the 2nd team is possible.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:46 AM   #28
Orealius
Great young streetballer

And Ced, Emeka isn't a shut down defender but what he does do though is protect the paint, alter shots and defends very well in there. His presence is felt in the paint. At least from what i've seen.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #29
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
And Ced, Emeka isn't a shut down defender but what he does do though is protect the paint, alter shots and defends very well in there. His presence is felt in the paint. At least from what i've seen.

The team record is proof of that too. Dwight Howard always has terrible games against Okafor as well

Sorry O, I'm not high On Emeka, or guys winning an award when their team is arse.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:16 AM   #30
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
KG can't win it, his team is arse.

:

arse
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: