Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Sean May, will he emerge to start next to Okafor?

Or be always stuck behind Emeka?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:36 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

i'm hoping he improves a lot in the next couple of years...he was so dominant in college in a tough ACC conference, and he should use that experience to play in the NBA, i think if he got a little more PT then he would improve greatly
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
KiNG
I hit open 5-footers

KiNG has no real reputation yet.

both may and okafor were from championship teams, i doubt he wuld be the same as okafor, but may was the mvp of the ncaa championship so u gotta expect high things from em
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

I don't think Okafor can transition to center, so May will be stuck behind him and it wouldn't be his fault. If Okafor can play center, then yes, but again, I don't think Emeka can do that.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:43 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

May played center in college and even though it's different, they could try positioning May at center and seeing how it would work
Old 06-22-2006, 01:04 AM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

i was kinda shocked wen the cats took may, i didnt understand what they were gonna do with two guys who shud b palyin Center, but got bodies of pf's...mayb they shud look into tradin one off next summer if it still doesnt work, but then again they r both young
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:59 AM   #7
insidehoops
Administrator

May can definitely rebound, and I thought he should play PF while Okafor slide to C, but if I remember correctly, bernie bickerstaff said Okafor will remain at PF (not positive)
Old 06-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

personally, i dont think Brezec is that good of a player to start, I think there's more talent with either May or Ely there, I don't see Ely starting at center, but May is a good rebounder and with him and Okafor working together down low, they may be able to get a lot of offensive rebounds
Old 06-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #9
insidehoops
Administrator

Brezec is a great backup center, but as a starter, he's decent but not too good. So what's better, an OK/decent/weak center, or playing okafor out of position at center?
Old 06-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

neither one, that's why i say put May at center and keep Okafor at PF, May played center in college so he's already familiar with the position
Old 06-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #11
wizard2382
Can barely lace up my sneakers

wizard2382 has an OK reputation so far

make okafor a center and keep may at pf. okafor has much better defense than may and rebounds a little better. may can play center but will be a star at pf.
wizard2382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:33 PM   #12
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Okafor doesn't play center and they've already tried putting him there but he doesn't feel comfortable
Old 06-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #13
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

There is nothing wrong with May at backup PF. He will always be a career backup and is too fat and slow to ever start. He is a great backup for Okafor though.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #14
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
There is nothing wrong with May at backup PF. He will always be a career backup and is too fat and slow to ever start. He is a great backup for Okafor though.

May is a really good rebounder and has a refined post game. He can hit the mid range jumper. He is not a good shotblocker though. He could become a starting caliber player in a few years. Charlotte did make a mistake drafting him because they don't need him.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:43 AM   #15
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

You are missing my point. Can you see may guarding KG or Jermaine O'Neil or Chris Bosh? He is too short and unathletic to do that. Of course he can look good in college but when you see his long term potential, he is best suited to be a good backup PF.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: