Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation
Default Scottie P takin shots at Jordan

Does anyone remember what Pippen said about how he made Jordan the player he was and he couldn't of won the six championships and all that.??

I think Scottie got it twisted...

Jordan def. made Scottie Pippen Scottie Pippen
Jordan might not of won six 'ships but he didn't win Jordan all his MVP awards.

COMMENT Y'LL
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
DreamRockets

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Scottie P takin shots at Jordan

at pippen thinking the made jordan, more like vice versa, Mj shaped him into the player we all knew, and no, pippen doesn't deserve as much credit for the championships as jordan, deal with it pippen.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
at pippen thinking the made jordan, more like vice versa, Mj shaped him into the player we all knew, and no, pippen doesn't deserve as much credit for the championships as jordan, deal with it pippen.

Scottie was a great player, and definitely a key to the championships however I've noticed that it's fashionable for a lot of Jordan ****** to try to overexaggerate Pips value as a player. Others are simply too young to remember Scottie before the championship years.

Bottom line is, I saw the early Bulls teams before Scottie became the player he would later become and it's quite clear that Jordan helped to mold him into the championship years Scottie. I have no doubt that Scottie would have become a very good player elsewhere but there is no doubt in my mind he wouldn't have been the same player without playing with Jordan.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dang I miss MJ! I wish he was 25 and in the league playing right now! He was great to watch! Then again, add Magic, Bird... oh well, the list would be huge!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pippen most definetly didn't make Jordan who he was, I mean Jordan was considered the greatest ever when he first retired!

However the Bulls wouldn't have won all 6 without him.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

i don't know who i hate more between pippen and greg anthony....probably pippen
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
DreamRockets

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

mark jackson for me, what a douche, can't stand his voice, can't stand his man crush on kobe either, great player, pathetic comentator, it happens.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They made each other. That's the funny thing abotu history. It's already in the books, so things can't be determined because we'll never know. What if Jordan didn't have Pippen? I mean, Pippen does have a case. He's probably one of, if not the best perimeter defenders of all time, often taking the tougher assignments away from Jordan. that would give Jordan more reserved energy to do what he does offensively. Pippen was one of the most complete players ever to play. He was great in transition and also had range. I'd say he was the ultimate complimentary player.
Should JordAN GIVE Pippen cerdit for his success? Yes, because jordan could not have done alot without Pippen. He's not saying he was better than Jordan. On the same premise Stockton made Malone, you can say the same about Pippen. This is absolutely no slight on Jordan I think.
And yes, Jordan too did make Pippen.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #9
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i'd love to see a scouting report on scottie when he was being drafted. if i recall the big worry was his defense and his handle. people liked his ability to run the wings, finish, and rebound and of course his potential. what became scottie's greatest strengths? his defense and pg skills as a forward. you think going head to head with mj in practice might have helped him become a better defender and more compotent ball-handler / passer? me too.

that being said, i think scottie approaches the game from a very cerebral perspective and gets caught up in certain aspects of the game. scottie DID free up jordan to play off the ball. he allowed jordan to not have to cover the most dangerous perimeter scorer on the other team EVERY night. he gave chicago a stabalizer so jordan could rest without having leads evaporate in seconds. i can see where he's proud of providing all of that and doesn't think many other players ever could have.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #10
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

isiah and the pistons made jordan. they taught him that he can't do it alone. and they reminded him how bitterful losing was. when he finally got it and passed the hump, he took off and never looked back.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:57 AM   #11
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

I wonder if those two still talk? You know Jordan is just thinking "WTF?" whenever he hears Scottie say something like that.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #12
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriorist
I wonder if those two still talk? You know Jordan is just thinking "WTF?" whenever he hears Scottie say something like that.
they were friends back in the day, so who knows. maybe they're both laughing about it.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
mark jackson for me, what a douche, can't stand his voice, can't stand his man crush on kobe either, great player, pathetic comentator, it happens.

Agreed. Him and Anthony. I'm like WTF are you guys talking about? Boy would I love to debate them.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:29 AM   #14
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Agreed. Him and Anthony. I'm like WTF are you guys talking about? Boy would I love to debate them.
they'd be easy since they don't know what the hell they're talking about. i heard greg anthony say last week or the week before that bill russell "dominated wilt at the defensive end." dominated. wilt. if you look at the numbers you'll see that while the celts won those series, wilt's numbers were, as usual, psychotically great. but anthony is trying to prove the point that championships and defense are important, so he ignores all the facts that don't support him (or worse, doesn't bother to even check on them and just assumes his theories are correct) and spouts non-sense. he's so bad that he makes me agree with legler sometimes, and that is a crime. mark jackson is a lousy commentator, but he's a decent announcer when paired with marv. he's pretty humble and gives okay in game analysis.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #15
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Jordan made Pippen, Pippen made Jordan (less so). They complimented eachother.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: