Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #16
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation
Default Re: Scottie P takin shots at Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Scottie was a great player, and definitely a key to the championships however I've noticed that it's fashionable for a lot of Jordan ****** to try to overexaggerate Pips value as a player. Others are simply too young to remember Scottie before the championship years.

Bottom line is, I saw the early Bulls teams before Scottie became the player he would later become and it's quite clear that Jordan helped to mold him into the championship years Scottie. I have no doubt that Scottie would have become a very good player elsewhere but there is no doubt in my mind he wouldn't have been the same player without playing with Jordan.

Another DUMB ASS logic by the anti Jordan guys is that because Jordan won six rings with Phil and Pip by his side, they just therefore jump to the conclusion that, Jordan COULD NOT have won if either Pip or Phil was missing.

I mean sure, if you take Pip away and don't replace him with ANYONE, then those Bulls don't win. But if you take Pip away and replace him with even a decent star player, or merely a good player, Jordan still win rings, maybe not six, but Jordan still would have won AT LEAST ONE RING with another "good player" in Pip's spot.

it's just ignorant to assume "Jordan for sure woudln't have won without Pip, because he only won with Pip". I mean you look at the man's greatness and people try to downplay it by "he only could do it with Phil and Pip by his side". As if they really believe that if you switch Pip with say, Carlos Boozer and Phil Jackson with Jerry Sloan, the Bulls suddenly would have dropped off the face of the earth and Jordan would have retired ringless.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:06 PM   #17
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

well, i could say shaq COULD have won without kobe and with another Sg inserted in those 3 teams, can i prove it ? can you prove jordan could win without phil and pippen ? not many coaches are in phil's league, and not many players were in pippen's league deffensivelly.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 PM   #18
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
well, i could say shaq COULD have won without kobe and with another Sg inserted in those 3 teams, can i prove it ? can you prove jordan could win without phil and pippen ? not many coaches are in phil's league, and not many players were in pippen's league deffensivelly.

First of all, MOST people, besides ignorant Kobe homers, would agree with you that Shaq probably would have won at least ONE RING with another star swingmen around him. People that throw the "No, Shaq can't win because he couldn't do it before Kobe came" are being idiots.

You just gotta use common sense, for someone of Jordan's caliber, to just say "he wouldn't have one ring if not for Pippen being on his team" is just foolish and ignorant. Again, yeah if he was stuck on some trash squads all his career, then ok. But you're telling me you switch Pip with another "star" that's not as good as Pip, but still pretty good, like say, Grant Hill (from the 90s), or Patrick Ewing, or Shawn Kemp (from the 90s), Jordan wouldn't have won at least ONE ring?
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #19
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
First of all, MOST people, besides ignorant Kobe homers, would agree with you that Shaq probably would have won at least ONE RING with another star swingmen around him. People that throw the "No, Shaq can't win because he couldn't do it before Kobe came" are being idiots.

Shaq has proven he can do it, so that argument better be dead now...

Pippen was a chump before Michael got into his head... I seriously doubt Pippen would have become the player he was if he was not teamed up with Mj.

Mj was dead serious about winning and he made sure every one else was too. pippen was the main benficiary of Mj's obsession with being the best
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #20
Jaz
I airball my layups

Jaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
I mean sure, if you take Pip away and don't replace him with ANYONE, then those Bulls don't win.
But replace him with Kukoc, and get a game-winning shot.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: