Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

I'm starting to see this more and more on this board, especially from the newer posters.

Anyone else notice this? It's like these guys are trying to down LeBron for not doing something that wasn't expected of him anyway? Okay, LeBron didn't win a ring and Wade did. So what? Wade was playing with someone that a freaking Hall of Famer and LeBron has to play with a group of players that didn't have a person average double digits in the playoffs between them. Think about that.

But regardless, LeBron was in his thrid year with nan-all star on his team and yet somehow he should be admonished for not having Hall of Famers in his front office, bench, and starting lineup. Yeah, I find that funny as well.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

Shaq isn't playing like a HOF'er currently. Neither is Gary Payton, so your point is moot. LeBron however was playing with some very capable players in his own right. Larry Hughes, Flip Murray, Drew Gooden, Big Z.

Wade is just the better player right now. He does everything that LeBron can do on offense, in terms of on the court impact, he actually has greater impact than LeBron on defense, while shooting at a ridiculously high clip and can make simple things like free-throws. Not to mention Wade is exremely reliable int he clutch, and at the end of games, where as LeBron has yet to excel at that aspect of the game. Wade knows how to kill a team, and LeBron doesn't. Wade took his team on his shoulders and won a chip. Granted his teammates may be better than LeBron's, but that shows just how good Wade is if he was able to lead a bunch of future HOF'ers to the promise land. Wade is a leader.

No one is "downing" LeBron. No one has to, LeBron hasn't proved he is better than Wade at anything really. Where as Wade has a more prolific resume of basketball accomplishments.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

Hype? Wade? How? He had the most memorable post season since Hakeem the Dream went off in 94'. I know there has been many Finals' MVP since then (Jordan, TD, Shaq, Kobe, Billups) Wade reminded me of Air Jordan of the early 90s....
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

are you kidding me ? the best playoff performance since 1995 ? did you see duncan in 03 ? shaq in 00 and 01 ?
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #5
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
are you kidding me ? the best playoff performance since 1995 ? did you see duncan in 03 ? shaq in 00 and 01 ?
No I'm not kidding you. What was so memorable about 'em?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Shaq isn't playing like a HOF'er currently. Neither is Gary Payton, so your point is moot. LeBron however was playing with some very capable players in his own right. Larry Hughes, Flip Murray, Drew Gooden, Big Z.

Wade is just the better player right now. He does everything that LeBron can do on offense, in terms of on the court impact, he actually has greater impact than LeBron on defense, while shooting at a ridiculously high clip and can make simple things like free-throws. Not to mention Wade is exremely reliable int he clutch, and at the end of games, where as LeBron has yet to excel at that aspect of the game. Wade knows how to kill a team, and LeBron doesn't. Wade took his team on his shoulders and won a chip. Granted his teammates may be better than LeBron's, but that shows just how good Wade is if he was able to lead a bunch of future HOF'ers to the promise land. Wade is a leader.

No one is "downing" LeBron. No one has to, LeBron hasn't proved he is better than Wade at anything really. Where as Wade has a more prolific resume of basketball accomplishments.
Wow, right on cue.

So you're telling me that LeBron isn't clearly better than Wade in anything, but yet, Wade is the greater impact player based on free throws, clutch ability, and a Finals MVP, then I would say you don't know a damn thing about what you're talking about. Even if we take for granted that LeBron is "weaker" in those intangible areas you named, then it's obvious that wade is "weaker" in other areas I can tangibly point out.

So tell me again how Wade is the better leader? Clutch player? Tell me how you come up with that, genius. Cause it sure looked like LeBron was he better leader and clutch player when they played in Cleveland last season. You remember that?
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:27 PM   #7
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
then it's obvious that wade is "weaker" in other areas I can tangibly point out.
Point them out.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #8
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
So you're telling me that LeBron isn't clearly better than Wade in anything
Name something ...

Quote:
but yet, Wade is the greater impact player based on free throws, clutch ability, and a Finals MVP
Exactly, kid is starting to catch on.

Quote:
Even if we take for granted that LeBron is "weaker" in those intangible areas you named, then it's obvious that wade is "weaker" in other areas I can tangibly point out.
What areas did you point out? Your dumb ass didn't even write anything.

And yes, intangibles count just as much as tangible measures of a player. Wade has the guts that LeBron simply doesn't have. Players of equal caliber and numbers, seperated by one giant aspect of their game ... one has heart and cajones, while the other one doesn't. Having that "aspect" of their game allows one to flourish more readily in player / character defining moments such as crunch time, and Playoff basketball. Wade has it, LeBron doesn't ... now deal with it.

Quote:
So tell me again how Wade is the better leader? Clutch player? Tell me how you come up with that, genius. Cause it sure looked like LeBron was he better leader and clutch player when they played in Cleveland last season. You remember that?
All I remember of last season was the Miami Heat ending their season on a win, and Dwyane Wade holding up an MVP award. You remember that?

What was LeBron doing? Oh yeah, sending Wade text messages while Wade was playing in the big games.

Text messages from LeBron:

"Good game, Wade."

"Aww dog, you're going to win a CHIP before me."

"Dwyane, teach me how to shoot free-throws."

"Please!!!"

"Yo, how you know how to make clutch shots like that? Teach me some of that, pimp... I'm too scared do stuff like that."

Last edited by Samurai Swoosh : 03-14-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #9
DreamRockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
No I'm not kidding you. What was so memorable about 'em?

you are wade groopie, thanks for proving it

duncan averaged 25/15/5, he is one of only 4 or 5 players to have a 25/15/5 playoffs run, shaq had 4 40/20 games in the 00 and 01 combined, he had consecutive games with 40/20 something not ever done in the playoffs by anyone else.

duncan stablished the finals record for blocks per game in a series with 5.3bpg, shaq had the 4th and 6th highest scoring averages in one series in finals history, care to elaborate why was wade's better than those 2 ?the only advantage he has over them is most undeserved free throws per game

Last edited by DreamRockets : 03-14-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #10
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
duncan averaged 25/15/5, he is one of only 4 or 5 players to have a 25/15/5 playoffs run, shaq had 4 40/20 games in the 00 and 01 combined, he had consecutive games with 40/20 something not ever done in the playoffs by anyone else.

duncan stablished the finals record for blocks per game in a series with 5.3bpg, shaq had the 4th and 6th highest scoring averages in one series in finals history, care to elaborate why was wade's better than those 2 ?the only advantage he has over them is most undeserved free throws per game
Ok you want me to believe that you kept those stats in your head all this time? I watch the game I don't keep stats. I'm not a stat keeper. The NBA pays people to do those types of things. I'm going by what I watched not what showed up in the box score the next day.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #11
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Dude one 50=owned. Its not about the stats. He just had to use the stats to prove it.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #12
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ok you want me to believe that you kept those stats in your head all this time? I watch the game I don't keep stats. I'm not a stat keeper. The NBA pays people to do those types of things. I'm going by what I watched not what showed up in the box score the next day.

You got served
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #13
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Personally the difference is Wade will go the basket at u virtually everytime there is a seam. He attacks first.

Lebron is very smart but seems to not know whether to drive or shoot at times. I thnk it will get better but as of now he has to work on that aspect.

Hes got solid role players, When BIG Z is gone the team will be more uptempo
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #14
0ne50
Local High School Star

It's not meorable if you don't remember. Just a quick lesson in word usage.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #15
DreamRockets

Quote:

if you don't wanna believe it is your problem, but when someone scores 40 ppg yeah that sticks in your mind.

you are going by what you watched ? only a clown like you could possibly deduce from WATCHING games that wade had a bigger impact than duncan and shaq in their primes, what an idiot
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: