Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #31
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

I can't help crying, my puppy just died
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #32
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Are We Now In The Era Where It's Cool To Hype Up Wade To Spite LeBron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I can't help crying, my puppy just died
R.I.P puppy
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:11 PM   #33
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

duncan and shaq played at the highest level for 6 whole games, wade played like sh1it in the 1st 2 games and that was a big reason they were down 0-2 in the first place.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #34
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers

melvinthompson has an OK reputation so far

If we're not just talking statistics I definitely think Wade had a more memorable Finals than Shaq or Duncan. I think the thing that made it more memorable is the fact that the Heat weren't supposed to beat the Mavs. I still think the Mavs were the better team, but Wade put the Heat on his back and willed them to a championship against a far superior unit. If you look at Duncan and Shaq, they had Finals performances against far inferior teams in the Nets and the uhhh...Nets. The Mavs of this past year would have utterly destroyed the Nets just like the Spurs and Lakers were able to do.
melvinthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #35
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
duncan and shaq played at the highest level for 6 whole games, wade played like sh1it in the 1st 2 games and that was a big reason they were down 0-2 in the first place.
I quess Dallas gets no credit for Wade playing like sh*t? It was just the Heat vs Nobody? Speaking of Dallas, that made it more memorable. The Heat were the overwelming underdog. F*ck stats. I can describe actual plays actual situations from memorable Finals performances. If you are just looking up stats on the internet. IT"S NOT MEMORABLE

Last edited by 0ne50 : 03-14-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:24 PM   #36
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I don't like Wade or LeBron. Don't get me wrong, I think both are great players but neither of them are my favorite.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:27 PM   #37
lakers-city
Good college starter

stats on internet ? wtf are you talking about kid ? i have all the finals since 2000 (except the 2005 one) on tape and i have all the lakers championship DVD's, i think shaq's and duncan's were more memorable because they are the type of player who not only produce individually but they also make others produce, they get double and kick it out to someone else to take a shot, in the finals vs philadelphia the lakers were on fire from behind the arc, shaq's presence allowed them to go off, duncan/shaq produce and make others produce, wade scores a lot but only makes himself produce.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:28 PM   #38
lakers-city
Good college starter

Quote:
If you look at Duncan and Shaq, they had Finals performances against far inferior teams in the Nets and the uhhh...Nets.

uhm, shaq played vs dikembe in the 2001 finals, dikembe had won DPOY that year, 4th time in his career, what dpoy candidate wade faced ? he didn't even get doubled thanks to shaq absorbing all the attention, wade cant have the best performance, he was going against single coverage, shaq and duncan were going against doubles and triples.

Last edited by lakers-city : 03-14-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:34 PM   #39
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
uhm, shaq played vs dikembe in the 2001 finals, dikembe had won DPOY that year, 4th time in his career, what dpoy candidate wade faced ? he didn't even get doubled thanks to shaq absorbing all the attention.
Yeah Deke was DPOY against the league not Shaq. The first game of the Finals Deke played Shaq one on one. (You got the tape? Watch it.) The Sixers won... after that beating Shaq gave Deke... they double and triple teammed Shaq and the Sixers lost 4 straight. And no that series is not memorable, only game 1 is. I'm a Sixers' fan
Old 03-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #40
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
On the brink of going down 0-3 down 13 ponts... Wade put on one of the most memorable Finals performance in recent memory. That's my opinion... f*ck stats. If you don't like it. Sue me.

a prime Shaq/TD would never be on this situation
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:39 PM   #41
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Yeah Deke was DPOY against the league not Shaq. The first game of the Finals Deke played Shaq one on one. (You got the tape? Watch it.) The Sixers won... after that beating Shaq gave Deke... they double and triple teammed Shaq and the Sixers lost 4 straight. And no that series is not memorable, only game 1 is. I'm a Sixers' fan

lakers lost that game cuz they werent playing for like 15 days lol
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #42
lakers-city
Good college starter

Quote:

deke forgot how to play defense ? what a lame excuse.

anyway if by "memorable" you mean "favorite" then of course each person has his own opinions, peace man
Old 03-14-2007, 02:46 PM   #43
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
a prime Shaq/TD would never be on this situation
Damn your a genius. Shaq was swept out of the finals TWICE. But what you definition of "prime." TD never was on an Underdog team in the finals.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #44
melvinthompson
I hit open 5-footers

melvinthompson has an OK reputation so far

I see your point, but it was pretty obvious from the get go that the Lakers were a far superior team than the 76ers. The Miami Heat never should have or would have beat the Mavericks if it were not for Wade. Of course you can say the Lakers might not have beat anyone if it were not for Shaq and the same can be said for Duncan, but Shaq's Lakers and Duncan's Spurs were far superior to any team they faced in the Finals with the exception of the Pistons. There's no doubt that Shaq and Duncan both had memorable Finals performances, but neither player dug their team out of an 0-2 hole the way Wade did. I'm not saying that Wade played better than Shaq or Duncan, but his Finals performance was far more memorable due to the fact that the Heat were down 0-2, soon to be 0-3 and he dug them out of that hole almost single handedly. It would probably be far less memorable if the Heat hadn't been trailing in the series, but that's the way things worked out and we as fans got to watch a great Finals performance because of it.
melvinthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #45
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
deke forgot how to play defense ? what a lame excuse.

anyway if by "memorable" you mean "favorite" then of course each person has his own opinions, peace man
Naw he didn't forget how to play defense. He just had to learn all over again; how to play defense with an elbow in his face.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: