Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-14-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Knicks at Raptors

Am I the only one that is pumped for this game? I see that me and like two or three more are saying we get a win. Where are the Knicks fans? Tonite is a big game. We win and win the next game against the Raptors that could mean the division is up for grabs. Show yourselves Knicks fans!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
Scottish_Knicks
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Scottish_Knicks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Knicks at Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Am I the only one that is pumped for this game? I see that me and like two or three more are saying we get a win. Where are the Knicks fans? Tonite is a big game. We win and win the next game against the Raptors that could mean the division is up for grabs. Show yourselves Knicks fans!!

i would be alot more pumped up for it. i however live in the uk and am not getting any build up for it at all!
Scottish_Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:15 PM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Knicks
i would be alot more pumped up for it. i however live in the uk and am not getting any build up for it at all!

At least you want to be pumped for it. This board is dying a slow death.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #4
NShlain

NShlain has an OK reputation so far

Unless its very close, I'm switching to Mavs-Suns at 9.

Marbury is hitting everything, Nate is nice in the Vinnie Johnson role, 50-44 at the half, can't complain with the preformance so far other than we were up 10 and gave up a 9-0 run followed by us going on another run. If we would've stopped Bargnani from dominating then this game would be in the bag right now instead of single digits.

Anyone else notice how Bargnani gets whatever shot he wants whenever he wants? He is torching the zone, just shooting over everyone. I'm convinced nobody can block his shot, he's like Kevin Durant with his length. I think Durant could put 35+ on the Knicks right now.
NShlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

We're still winning at this point. I'm happy. I hope they keep it up. I mean they should keep it up. Got to defend the 3 pt. line more. Less turnovers is a must. Keep containing Bosh.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #6
NShlain

Nobody is playing D. Yay, Balkman.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

That guy Bargnani is killing us. No d on the perimeter. Reminds me of that game against the Wizards when we got scorched.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #8
NShlain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
That guy Bargnani is killing us. No d on the perimeter. Reminds me of that game against the Wizards when we got scorched.
I really like Bargnani, hes going to be great. I wrote about him earlier in the thread.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #9
Dan
I hit open layups

Dan has an OK reputation so far

That was a very poor performance from the Knicks, Marbury and Francis were the only guys playing ok out there.
Toronto killed us with those three's in the 3rd, then we just couldnt play.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #10
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

The TO's killed u guys! Raptors were making all their 3's. Nate didnt get enough min. A good first half tho.
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #11
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

tough loss. but you can get back at em at MSG.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #12
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

marbury played a good game, i was impressed with TJ's quickness.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #13
NShlain

some random thoughts on tonights game:

Nate Robinson emerging in the Vinnie Johnson role, Renaldo Balkman out-working everyone on the glass, Jered Jeffries, as an overpaid role player, finally knows his role,

Any good shooter will torch them, like Ray Allen earlier this month; especially a guy whose shot is un-block-able, like Bargnani. Kevin Durant would easily score 40 against this team, Dirk could go 50 if he tried.

In one stretch three of our guards stumbled around like drunk 17-year-olds at their first keg party pretending to be drunk.

Eddy Curry couldn’t handle a double team from Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie right now.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #14
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

The best part of the game was when I though Curry was going to lay a beating on Francis.

I'm pretty good at lip reading and I though Francis called Curry or said the word motherf-er.

That proves what I have been saying, Francis is a lousy point guard and Curry is a big baby.

But Curry was right, he was open and Francis over dribbled instead of passing inside to Curry like he was told to. Francis was looking for his shot and that's his game, win or lose as long as I have my points.

Dump this clown with James and let's move on.

I would rather see Collins and Nate play even if we lose, because Francis is another Crawford, yeah they will win a game for you here and there but overall they will be responsible for many more looses. They over dribble have way too many turnovers and a lousy turnover to assist ratio, a very important stat for a PG or any guard.

They have no court smarts, that's why they were traded. Van Gundy said get this guy outta here, now.

Marbury has made strides but not enough he reverts back too easily. But Francis is a do-do, he has no basketball IQ. I do not like him, he's a phony too.

I did not like the play of the team tonight and do not like some of our players, not only as players but people too.

Get rid of these losers, we will never field a winning team as long as we have Francis and James on it. It could be true for Marbury and Curry too. The jury is still out. It's not Marbury's job to score 40 points, it's his job to help Curry score 20 and other players score more. It's not his job to take up the slack but to help other get involved, that has always been his weakness and that's what a PG is supposed to do. Also Marbury's turnover to assist ratio stinks!!!!!

So now I hate "Jerome cheeseburger James" and "Francis the talking Mule".
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:16 AM   #15
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

I'm tired of this team. Injuries have finally caught up with them. Fatigue was a big factor for Starbury. The guy was out of gas at the end of the game. Nobody else stepped up to help either. Nate made a few shots but he was as erratic as Francis bringing the ball down. No Lee means that we won't make the playoffs. Q leaving really hurt too. Crawford not being there was the excuse Frazier gave for Curry not being comfortable with the passes he was getting. Spare my the B.S. I'm tired. I can only shovel so much.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: