Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-14-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Default Knick's Wish List

List players or type of players you wish we would get.

1) A perimeter defending guard that can hit the three. Micheal Pietrus would be a nice pickup.

2) A big man that can defend, rebounds and block shots. Every team could use one of these, maybe we could get McDyess.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
NShlain
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Knick's Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
List players or type of players you wish we would get.

1) A perimeter defending guard that can hit the three. Micheal Pietrus would be a nice pickup.

2) A big man that can defend, rebounds and block shots. Every team could use one of these, maybe we could get McDyess.
Remember what happened last time we wanted McDyess? We gave up Marcus Camby and a first round pick that turned out to be Amare Stoudemire. Plus, Dyess can only play 20-25 minutes a night without getting hurt.

As for number one, how about Sean Battier? He crashes the boards, hits .40% from 3, d's up and he's clutch.
NShlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #3
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NShlain
Remember what happened last time we wanted McDyess? We gave up Marcus Camby and a first round pick that turned out to be Amare Stoudemire. Plus, Dyess can only play 20-25 minutes a night without getting hurt.

As for number one, how about Sean Battier? He crashes the boards, hits .40% from 3, d's up and he's clutch.

I would love Sean Battier, but we ain't getting him without giving up Lee, if we could get him for Frye and a filler I would be all for it. As for McDyess, Detroit is stacked at bigs and we could probably get him for a bargain, maybe Jamal.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:51 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Rashard Lews, I wish we would have Traded for him.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:51 AM   #5
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I say enough trades and stock this team through the draft.

Enough of over paying players on exemptions and bad contracts and just keep drafting until we turn over the rest of the roster.

Goodbye to James, Francis first.

Then in time Crawford and I hate to say it but Q, because of his injury history.

By then Rose and Cato will be gone.

And we hopefully have somebody at Point!!! And at the 2 that can shoot and play D.

This is 2 or 3 years down the road and the young players we have now will be veterans and the core of the team.

Let's stop with the quick fixes and rebuild the right way. Once we have an established team we can fill in with trades and exemption contracts.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:43 AM   #6
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman

Enough of over paying players on exemptions and bad contracts and just keep drafting until we turn over the rest of the roster.

Then in time Crawford and I hate to say it but Q, because of his injury history.

And we hopefully have somebody at Point!!! And at the 2 that can shoot and play D.

This is 2 or 3 years down the road and the young players we have now will be veterans and the core of the team.

Let's stop with the quick fixes and rebuild the right way. Once we have an established team we can fill in with trades and exemption contracts.

id like a defensive player like kirilenko/artest/chandler(wont happen)
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #7
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:

Rebuilding is cool and all, but you really have to get lucky and get a superstar. Look at the Hawks and Blazers they've been rebuilding for a while and have had good draft picks, but it hasn't yet evolved to success. I say if Oden doesn't declare this year and we start to do bad next year, then just tank the year and reload.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:14 PM   #8
MetsPackers
new based god

I wish we didn't totally suck.

I wish we would trade up in the draft to get a decent guard like Acie Law.

I wish Isiah would become head coach ONLY, and give the gm spot to a qualified person.

I wish we would rebuild this freakin team already, and get it over with.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #9
jjswifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers

I wish Isiah would become head coach ONLY, and give the gm spot to a qualified person.

I wish we would rebuild this freakin team already, and get it over with.

Exactly what I said. Kinda wish we wouldve gotten that GM in Toronto. Look at them...they went from crap to top 4 in the East. Kinda funny how Stern advised the knicks to offer him a contract, but good ol Dolan fired back. Oh well...maybe by the time im out of college Isiah will be gone.

I also think we need to get a real Superstar. I mean how many of these 'hustle' players do you want?!?! I dont think adding Battier will help this team at all. This team doesnt wanna play defense.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:32 PM   #10
MetsPackers
new based god

A legit big man superstar is what we need.

Tank next season and get mo'f***ing Greg Oden. Big men always come out on top. Curry can't compete with greats, Oden has potential to become one of them. Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, they all changed more gameplans than any guard (cept Jordan). We need Oden, if tanking is what we need to do, so be it, I'm not going to watch the games till we make playoffs anyway. I'm tired of the Knicks BS, they need to get they're s*** together.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:34 PM   #11
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

There has been a lot of teams that win without superstars.

There are a lot of players who are superstars because they have good players around them.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:29 AM   #12
Rameek
Krust Kingz

1 A new owner
2 A new GM
3 A new Coach
4 A new roster

The knicks have a team that has no BBall IQ...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:38 AM   #13
jjswifty

Quote:
There has been a lot of teams that win without superstars.

There are a lot of players who are superstars because they have good players around them.

yea thats true, but this team has neither. :

This team will never win w/ this roster no matter how many non-superstar players you add.

This team has no player to build around or put good players around to make him a superstar.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:16 AM   #14
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

We do have players to build around. We build around Eddy Curry and David Lee. You have your young big men.

You have your dominant low post scorer in ECity and then you have your Rebounder in Lee who is also a double double machine.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #15
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NShlain

The pick we gave them was Nene not Amare..Remember Amare was taken 10th the knicks had the 7th pick and took Nene.

Either way it was a dumb trade.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: