Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-17-2007, 07:20 PM   #31
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Re: Knick's Wish List

I don't think it was ha ha funny.

It was a sad commentary on the players the knicks have had for a few years now.

We have seen a procession of players don Knick uniforms and along with Dolan turn the blue and orange into toilet paper.

It time to get "basketball" players.

Please no more prima donnas, no me players who don't know what the word defense means let alone how to play it. No more idiots who have no court smarts.

I like guys like Collins and Balkman who don't dream of being on the cover of SI with a swim suit model. Maybe they dream of being on the cover with the rest of their teammates after they win a championship.

Those are the type of players we need.

Why was Clyde and Monroe able to co-exist yet two lesser players like Marbury and Francis can't? Is it the individual player or the players today as a whole.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #32
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

So you wouldn't take Kobe IF he were available? He has been on SI. So has Lebron. Not that we truly have a chance but in the REAL world basketball players that are superstar quality usually are prima donnas. It has no relation to their game. it is a business and nothing less.

My Knicks Wish List.
1) Our core reserve group to get back healthy for these last few games.
2) I wish we can get at least one of the upcoming games from NJ. If we lose both no playoff chance at all.
3) I wish Frye wouldn't take jump shots from 20 feet. He doesn't hit them and he is built for the paint.
4 I wish I could slap Dolan for giving Zeke a multi-year extension. Make him earn his keep each and every year.
I'm not wishing for any type of player. We have an abundance of talented players. I just wish they would stay within their individual game.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:53 AM   #33
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

I like Shafir's proposal to some extent, but I don't think the Bulls would do that deal. Even though Ben is overpaid, he still a good defensive center that rebounds and block shots, and they couldn't find anyone like him in free agency. Another problem is Ron Artest shot selection. I think he's got this crazy notion in this head that he could be an offensive force in this league and do we really need another chucker who is insane. If he could fix his attitude and if the Bulls were willing to do that deal, I would be all for it, but those are some big ifs.

And I agree that having defensive players is definitely needed, and I think our biggest need is a defensive big. How many times are we going to watch opposing PG's kill us? Ford to Atkins to whomever have killed us because they don't fear our interior presence at all. They don't have to worry about Curry or Frye blocking their shot or at least getting a hard foul when they try to do that shyt.

Imo, we are only a defensive big and guard that can hit the long range from being a decent 40 win team. We got a pg that is a decent distributor and good scorer, a center that is at times unstoppable in single coverage and some nice hustle players on our bench. If you give this team a guard that can punish teams for doubling Eddy (I actually think Jamal could be this player, but instead of being more of a spot shooter, he tries to make rainbow shots over his opponents which then evidently ruins any offensive continuity and allows the other team for easy fastbreaks) and we need a big that can do Eddy's dirty work and bring some fear into players when there driving to the hole. If we address these two areas, then I think we could be at least be a 40 win team.

This is the deal I propose:

Jermaine O'Neal
Mike Dunleavy

for

Crawford
Frye
Nate
Francis
1st Rounder

I think this deal would do wonders for our team if Jermaine could stay healthy and if the Pacers were willing to rebuild.

Last edited by ALBballer : 03-18-2007 at 12:57 AM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #34
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Nobody wants anybody from the Knicks except for Lee and maybe Frye. They are young, talented and cheap.

Other than that no GM wants our crap.

Would I want Kobe, no. Lebron, yes.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #35
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I like Shafir's proposal to some extent, but I don't think the Bulls would do that deal. Even though Ben is overpaid, he still a good defensive center that rebounds and block shots, and they couldn't find anyone like him in free agency. Another problem is Ron Artest shot selection. I think he's got this crazy notion in this head that he could be an offensive force in this league and do we really need another chucker who is insane. If he could fix his attitude and if the Bulls were willing to do that deal, I would be all for it, but those are some big ifs.

And I agree that having defensive players is definitely needed, and I think our biggest need is a defensive big. How many times are we going to watch opposing PG's kill us? Ford to Atkins to whomever have killed us because they don't fear our interior presence at all. They don't have to worry about Curry or Frye blocking their shot or at least getting a hard foul when they try to do that shyt.

Imo, we are only a defensive big and guard that can hit the long range from being a decent 40 win team. We got a pg that is a decent distributor and good scorer, a center that is at times unstoppable in single coverage and some nice hustle players on our bench. If you give this team a guard that can punish teams for doubling Eddy (I actually think Jamal could be this player, but instead of being more of a spot shooter, he tries to make rainbow shots over his opponents which then evidently ruins any offensive continuity and allows the other team for easy fastbreaks) and we need a big that can do Eddy's dirty work and bring some fear into players when there driving to the hole. If we address these two areas, then I think we could be at least be a 40 win team.

This is the deal I propose:

Jermaine O'Neal
Mike Dunleavy

for

Crawford
Frye
Nate
Francis
1st Rounder

I think this deal would do wonders for our team if Jermaine could stay healthy and if the Pacers were willing to rebuild.

I like this trade even better than the Wallace/Artest one. We get a presence inside in O'Neal without having the offensive liability of Ben Wallace. And we can start

Curry
O'Neal
Lee
Q-Rich
Marbury

with our bench of

James/Cato
Rose (hopefully we can pick up someone in the draft)
Dunleavy/Jeffries
Balkman
Collins

There are only two problems I have, the fact that we are losing a lot of depth (what happens if we hit a similar injury bug like this year) and that we're giving up our 1st round pick (we're already hurting at depth now). I think that Larry Bird would take the trade if we just offered a 2nd round pick.

And for those of you who will notice that I started Richardson, I found the quote where he states that there is no structural damage in his back.
http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/inde...210.xml&coll=1
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #36
jjswifty

I dont like Ben Wallace...b/c hes like 32. How many years does he have left??

I dont like JO b/c of that bad knee. 2 seasons ago he missed about 10 weeks...last year he missed the final 8 weeks...this year hes missed a few games and right now is playing through the injury. He's soon to break down and I wouldnt trade for him.

Last edited by jjswifty : 03-18-2007 at 01:33 PM.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #37
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

That's why I say I would trade for anybody.

There's nobody out there worth it and I would not give any of our players worth anything.

They can have Francis, James, Crawford and I'm sorry to say Nate (attitude problems)and Q because of his back.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #38
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
I like this trade even better than the Wallace/Artest one. We get a presence inside in O'Neal without having the offensive liability of Ben Wallace. And we can start

Curry
O'Neal
Lee
Q-Rich
Marbury

with our bench of

James/Cato
Rose (hopefully we can pick up someone in the draft)
Dunleavy/Jeffries
Balkman
Collins

There are only two problems I have, the fact that we are losing a lot of depth (what happens if we hit a similar injury bug like this year) and that we're giving up our 1st round pick (we're already hurting at depth now). I think that Larry Bird would take the trade if we just offered a 2nd round pick.

And for those of you who will notice that I started Richardson, I found the quote where he states that there is no structural damage in his back.
http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/inde...210.xml&coll=1

I was thinking about how to improve on this trade and I realized that I don't think Eddy Curry and Jermaine O'Neal can coexist in the paint. So I came up with this

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...30~11~11~18~18

Basically, Emeka Okafor is an unselfish defensive monster and is a top rebounder in the league. I would rather have Okafor than Ben Wallace. Paired with David Lee and Jermaine O'Neal, we would have probably a top three frontcourt in the league. And with a healthy Q-Rich and Marbury, we have a great backcourt.

I'm sure some of you will tell me about how we have enough potential with our current players but I can't possibly see the reason to not get more defense and rebounding while unloading cap space. And I think that these trades are fair at the same time for the other teams. The Bobcats need an offensive player (Gerald Wallace is leaving) and the Pacers need to rebuild. And the Knicks need to get rid of one dimensional players who turn the ball over waaay too much, don't play defense, and can only play when they force shots and the game is played specifically in there favor *cough Steve Francis, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford cough*
Old 03-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #39
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

KG.....simple as that.

Crawford,Nate,Francis,Rose,Jeffries,James. If it were possible to trade all of these guys for KG I'd do it. In a heartbeat. Matter fact, in an rapid irregular heartbeat and feel great about it afterwards.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #40
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
I was thinking about how to improve on this trade and I realized that I don't think Eddy Curry and Jermaine O'Neal can coexist in the paint. So I came up with this

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...30~11~11~18~18

Basically, Emeka Okafor is an unselfish defensive monster and is a top rebounder in the league. I would rather have Okafor than Ben Wallace. Paired with David Lee and Jermaine O'Neal, we would have probably a top three frontcourt in the league. And with a healthy Q-Rich and Marbury, we have a great backcourt.

I'm sure some of you will tell me about how we have enough potential with our current players but I can't possibly see the reason to not get more defense and rebounding while unloading cap space. And I think that these trades are fair at the same time for the other teams. The Bobcats need an offensive player (Gerald Wallace is leaving) and the Pacers need to rebuild. And the Knicks need to get rid of one dimensional players who turn the ball over waaay too much, don't play defense, and can only play when they force shots and the game is played specifically in there favor *cough Steve Francis, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford cough*

You do know O'Neal is more a finesse player (who plays the post as well) that reguarly gets bashed for taking to many jump shots.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #41
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

I'm crossing my Fingers for Garnett to opt out his contract and come join the knicks, that would be the best thing that's happened to us since we drafted patrick ewing.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #42
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

I made this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=990~255~2782~261~2404&teams=16 ~16~16~18~18
a while ago. I don't think that if I was KG I would willingly come to the Knicks for a veteran's minimum contract. I would much rather go to the Lakers (too bad the fools didn't grab Jason Kidd while they could, instant contenders with Kobe, Kidd, and KG).
Old 03-22-2007, 01:23 AM   #43
knicks15
Local High School Star

most of these trades mentioned would get GMs fired. everyone seems to mention francis, james, etc in these deals as if theyre actually worth anything. by adding them to the deal is to make the trade worse for the other team, meaning they would really have to want the other players. especially this deal

Quote:
Crawford,Nate,Francis,Rose,Jeffries,James for KG
????

francis, rose, jeffries, james are some of the worst contracts in the nba, and crawford n nates values arent too high either.... for kg. come on guys. if there was a package that could land garnett it would include lee, frye and more.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:57 AM   #44
TheOakman
I hit open layups

Two problems I see with any major trades:

1. We really have nothing to offer to anyone. Lee and to a lesser extent Frye. But the way everyone love Lee on this board why would we trade him.
Expiring contracts are nice to trade, but it is going to be hard to land an impact player with a group of expiring contracts and below average talent. Plus noone wants the expiring contract of someone who could possibly be a lockerroom problem like Steve Francis

2. The second problem I see is Thomas. I honestly think that other GM's know that they can get over on him. He has consistently overpaid in trades, and I don't think he is respected as a GM around the league. As a good drafter yes, as a GM no. Its like that sucker kid when you were a kid who you know would trade you his best baseball card for some no-name cards and the stick of gum. Thats Thomas!
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 PM   #45
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
Two problems I see with any major trades:

1. We really have nothing to offer to anyone. Lee and to a lesser extent Frye. But the way everyone love Lee on this board why would we trade him.
Expiring contracts are nice to trade, but it is going to be hard to land an impact player with a group of expiring contracts and below average talent. Plus noone wants the expiring contract of someone who could possibly be a lockerroom problem like Steve Francis

2. The second problem I see is Thomas. I honestly think that other GM's know that they can get over on him. He has consistently overpaid in trades, and I don't think he is respected as a GM around the league. As a good drafter yes, as a GM no. Its like that sucker kid when you were a kid who you know would trade you his best baseball card for some no-name cards and the stick of gum. Thats Thomas!

expiring contracts? what expiring contracts? the only expiring contract we have is kelvin cato at 1 million..... steve francis? hes locked for another 2 years at 17 mill per..
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: