Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #16
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Improve Your Game?

the thing is there is no good way to simultaneously lose fat and gain muscle.

the rationale for losing fat is

Taking in fewer calories than you expend

but building up muscle, requires eating a proper diet of protein, carbs for energy, and working out. (just working out will make you cut and strong, but not give you big muscles)

therefore, I recommend slimming down first, then working on the muscles.

to slim down, simply eat less.

sounds easy, but if you want best results:

no more junk food. no more soda. no more fried stuff.

you don't have to rely on salads, but have some vegetables, eat some fruits, get some whole wheat grains, some light meat, and get used to spicy stuff if you like flavor. Spicy = your best friend on diets.

then do aerobics at least 3 times a week for an hour a week.

just do not starve yourself. if your metabolism drops, your body will get the glycogen reserves in your muscles first and that will leave you with your excess fat.

and be patient. if you are in okay shape, with just a little extra stomach fat, do this for at least a month. you may not see instant results after a week, but remember, it's a slow work in progress. nothing in life is ever easy.

and I am not a big bodybuilder. i work out just to stay strong, not really get big. so I can't help you much there. there is another thread made by Bokes15 on the OTC page where yo ucan get pointers there.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #17
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

this may come as a total surprise, but buy

Basketball for Dummies.

seriously, it revs up your basketball IQ in a way I never thought possible. hell, I dare to say reading this book made me a better ball player.

it's only about $12 on Amazon, and it is at least an entertaining read if anything.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #18
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Can't you turn muscle right into fat. I don't want to get "big" or whatever I just want to be tone you know. Be healthy. And more athletic.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:11 PM   #19
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
this may come as a total surprise, but buy

Basketball for Dummies.

seriously, it revs up your basketball IQ in a way I never thought possible. hell, I dare to say reading this book made me a better ball player.

it's only about $12 on Amazon, and it is at least an entertaining read if anything.

I may need to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #20
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

personally I am trying to learn how to be a better point guard.

my passing is good, but my anticipation and expectation of where the ball should go at particular times needs work.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Defense starts with your stamina endurance legs and feet... Defense is about speed, anticipation, and some strength. Defense is more than a mentality its also about desire and effort...

Fat does not turn into muscle and muscle does not turn into fat... to totally different things... fat is how the body stores energy also its used as a cushion and lubricant in the body.... eating right and never more than what the body needs to burn as energy you will stay lean. how big you get is determined by what you consume and how much you consume...

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:40 AM   #22
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

Cut out all sugary drinks (soda, kool aid, gatorade, etc - altho you can have a gatorade while playing, no big deal), avoid fast food, candy, cookies, too much dairy (high fat), pretty much anything with "partially hydrogenated" anything in it - or at least limit it, as well as "high fructose corn syrup" - work out about 5-6 days a week - i mean a treadmill or just walking around a track for 30 minutes to an hour will suffice, but if you add weights every other day (alternating lower body and upper body) you will tone up and lose the fat pretty quickly... if you play ball now then you probably aren't more than, what, 50 pounds overweight? so stick to that for a good 3-6 months and you'll see - just takes discipline

it improves your breathing, endurance, speed, etc... after 6 months you probably won't even go back to eating the way you were before

Last edited by Enigmatism : 03-16-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: