Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-15-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Overall NBA play fundamentally poor.

I think after watching the NBA for 40 years I would say the players of the last ten years are the worst fundamentally that I have ever seen.

I can see why Stern made the rule about age, these guys have no skills other than they are tall and athletic, they do not know how to play basketball. It has really hurt the game overall. Not to mention they make too much money and are un-coachable, they have no discipline.

They are clueless on so many basic skills it amazes me.

I see better basics from foreign players, but they do not have the athletic skills. how can you shoot 50% from the free throw line? That's terribble, most good high school players did better than that in my time.

After watching guys like Crawford and Francis this season I can't believe they are guards. They can't dribble and pass, they are a turnover waiting to happen. Not only that, Francis doesn't know how to make a quick decision. He'll pass the ball inside to a player when he's surrounded by 3 or 4 from the other team, what a moron.

I just think they are either plain stupid or don't really care. It's about stats, money and living large not about winning.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Overall NBA play fundamentally poor.

good teams run good fundamentals.

look at the Spurs. the Mavericks. the Suns.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #3
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

that's because everyone is concerned about 3 pt'ers and monsters dunks. no one is learning how to shoot a jumpshot or free throw.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

I would throw Detroit in that Category also.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Yes a few teams that are dedicated to playing fundamentally sound basketball and they are perennial winners. How many teams are?

We had a coach that stressed that and look what happened. But it was as much the fault of Brown as anybody. But what about Wilkens?

We have some guys, too many in fact, who are fundamentally challenged and we will NEVER be a big winner with them or any other player we get like that.

I would say unless Curry gets better at passing and defense I would give him less minutes to prove my point.

My post had a second meaning to it. I also meant that no matter who we trade for, they will have similar deficiencies.

We must build through the draft with fundamentally sound players and team players. We must teach them the right way to play from the time they first put on a Knick jersey and teach them the pride of Knick basketball.

They do that on the Yankees.

We have a great tradition and it's being destroyed by the likes of Dolan and the idiots he hires.

We are now a joke, Isiah is not respected by other coaches and viewed as incompetent.

We are a joke because we have too many clowns on this basketball team, James, Francis to name a few and I hate to say it but Nate is a clown too.

If those guys were on the Knicks in our championship years Willis Reed would have straightened them out real quick.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:42 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

bigdaddybluesman:
on target again!
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #7
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I hate to keep bashing the same people and saying the same things over and over again.

But I am so frustrated with this team and Isiah's coaching or lack of.

It came to a boil when I thought Curry was going to punch out Francis.

You can't do that on the court during a game, it has to be done in house.

But I can understand how Curry felt.

Bottom line is, we lost.

The 3 morons at guard are not feeding the ball to the bigs for easy shots.

Curry inside, Frye for the short jumper and both Balkman and Jefferies for the dunk. The guards are not trying to work it inside, they are dribbling too much again and not looking for the cutter.

Yeah so Francis won a game with a three, shades of Crawford. Now how many games has Francis had a hand in losing with turnovers and dumb plays?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #8
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Yeah so Francis won a game with a three, shades of Crawford. Now how many games has Francis had a hand in losing with turnovers and dumb plays?

Crawford takes the cake on that one. He's the KING when it comes to losing games.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #9
j Fresh
Local High School Star

It sucks they don't know about the Fundamentals of the game, I seriously doubt that Eddy Curry knows how to spell his own name. I'd pay to watch him try to scribble something out on paper. These are two things Curry is good for EATING & DUNKING.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:55 AM   #10
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Steve Francis is stupid when it comes to the game, how do you get back to back 7 turnover games?

His turnovers were stupid ones to, i saw one when he just passed it to the defender atleast 3 times.

Eddy Curry needs to shut up and stop being baby.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: