Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Little known NCAA players who you are impressed with so far...

Hopefully we can keep this thread on the front page...

Just come in here to list little known NCAA players who you have been impressed with during the tournament. My thinking is this thread will be useful during the off-season.

Now you will have a little more info on guys that end up getting picked in the second round or are free agent camp invites.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Little known NCAA players who you are impressed with so far...

Andy Rautins
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

I don't follow College Ball at all really but the other night I happened to catch that dude from Georgetown who Kind of looks like Shaq body wise.(Young) Whats his name??
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thread's a good idea, and could be useful when we put up the next utterly doomed Unofficial ISH Mock Draft.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

The pg from MAryland impressed me.. He has a good feel for the game, nice handle and a swagger to him.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:25 PM   #6
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
The pg from MAryland impressed me.. He has a good feel for the game, nice handle and a swagger to him.
You talking about freshman Greivis Vasquez? Wears #21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Andy Rautins
What school he go to? What position he play?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
You talking about freshman Greivis Vasquez? Wears #21?

What school he go to? What position he play?

Syracuse, shooting guard. He's been struggling but he has nice defense and can hit the open jumper. Would excel with the Suns.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
yall's G8r bait
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yall's G8r bait has an OK reputation so far

taurean green...he is part of the florida gators but he is one of the most pure point gaurds in college
yall's G8r bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #9
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

[quote=Da KO King]You talking about freshman Greivis Vasquez? Wears #21?

QUOTE]

Yeah, any1 else have any thoughts on him
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #10
Da KO King

Keep an eye on Kyle Weaver from Washington State. 6'5" maybe 6'6" about 190 lbs. Seems to play a lot of Small Foward for WSU but would be a Shooting Guard in the NBA.

Guy does everything. Doesn't have much of an outside shot but gets to the hoop well, can finish, is a good passer on screen actions, and is solid on defense.

Depending on how well he plays and how far WSU goes he could play himself into the top to middle of the second round.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #11
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

Stephen Curry on Davidson, Dell Curry's son...they lost but he had 30 points
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #12
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Vasquez YoungGrease?

Anyways, I like Terrence Roberts from Syracuse. I would recommend the Mavs bring him into camp as an FA invite or draft him in the 2nd if he were 3 inches taller. He's really tough as well, playing with a torn meniscus in one knee and torn cartilage in the other. He's just listed as 6'9, which means he's probably going to measure out to actually be like 6'7.5

A guy the Mavs can look at with their #37 pick they got from Atlanta, to give us another PF/C, is Jermareo Davidson from Alabama. I only seen him once and that was in the NIT, but that dude's arms go on forever and he was reallly athletic.

I'd also like us to have a fundamental 6'6ish SG instead of playing 2 pg's all the time then playing our Sg's at SF, so I'm liking Reyshawn Terry from UNC or Demetrius Nichols from Syracuse, hoping either can become 42%3pt, 48%FG,85%FT types for us. Then again, I'm not sure either handles the ball well enough to be a 2 in the NBA yet either.

Sean Williams, formerly of BC, wouldn't upset me either but I hear Cuban has this thing where he's not bringing in anymore bad apples or guys with reputations of being such.

If we're getting PG as insurance in case we can't lock up Harris this offseason, Reynolds from UVA, or Mustafa Shakur from AZ wouldn't upset me either.

Last edited by DatZNasty : 03-15-2007 at 03:40 PM.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #13
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Yeah, any1 else have any thoughts on him
Vasquez is a player. He's a major reason for the Terp's surge. He's one of those guys that when he gets into the game he's a jolt of energy to the team.

Has some upside too cause he's not a natural point guard. He's learning the position on the fly cause the Terp's point position is extremely thin.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #14
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chris Lofton, Tennessee.
can and will jack it from anywhere
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #15
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
I don't follow College Ball at all really but the other night I happened to catch that dude from Georgetown who Kind of looks like Shaq body wise.(Young) Whats his name??

That's Roy Hibbert. He's a beast when he wants to be.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: