Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #31
the outsider
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
the outsider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: http://myworld.ebay.com/negwhi
Posts: 139
the outsider has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

julius hodges

nazr mohammed
the outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #32
the outsider
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
the outsider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: http://myworld.ebay.com/negwhi
Posts: 139
the outsider has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

oh yeah<


dwayne wade!!!!


guy was a mid to late 1st rounder until he took marquette to the sweet 16 and put on a show in the tourney.



tRAVIS dIENER IS A baller
the outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:15 PM   #33
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year
 
DatZNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,845
DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

Royal Ivey
Khalid El Amin or however you say that
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #34
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1
 
AppleNader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,307
AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz
Wasn't Christian Laettner was drafted 3rd overall for his performance in the tournament?

good F-ing Lord no
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:54 PM   #35
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman
 
bleedinpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC & Phoenix
Posts: 1,982
bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

Ed O'Bannon...played HUGE, but was not a good pro. long gone.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:44 AM   #36
10hardaway10
I airball my layups
 
10hardaway10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: miami
Posts: 25
10hardaway10 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

juan dixon !!!!! i remember nba.com had a poll of where would he land #1,2,3 pick lol
10hardaway10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:00 AM   #37
Kurtz
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Kurtz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
good F-ing Lord no



I looked at the players drafted that year and he is behind Shaq and Mourning. The draft picks after Laettner weren't that good. I guess he deserved 3rd overall and he is one the more accomplished Duke players in history.

I guess I was completely off on that one.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #38
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick
 
ChuckOakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Mass-hole
Posts: 5,181
ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

Tyrus Thomas' stock went through the roof after last year's tournament.

Steve Nash also made a name for himself in the tournament when I he led Santa Clara to a major 1st round upset I believe.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:19 AM   #39
apriorist
High School Starter
 
apriorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 776
apriorist has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10hardaway10
juan dixon !!!!! i remember nba.com had a poll of where would he land #1,2,3 pick lol

Not just him, the whole Maryland squad the year they won it all.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #40
Chalkmaze
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 3,072
Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
Scott Padgett

I agree, Jerry Sloan pretty much admitted as much... I tend to think he only knew about Scott from watching the tournament.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #41
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer
 
ACCBaller1403's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the heart of the ACC
Posts: 528
ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriorist
Not just him, the whole Maryland squad the year they won it all.

Not so much Dixon, certainly not Lonny Baxter, but definately Wilcox.

Dixon was killing the NCAA for a couple years by that point and was known as a great player. People knew what they were getting...a short skinny guard that could flat out score and that's about it.

Lonny Baxter went second round, so his stock wasn't boosted at all.

Wilcox though, definately shot up the draft boards when scouts saw how great he played and how f'in athletic he was.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #42
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 751
Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

Quote:
Originally Posted by the outsider
oh yeah<


dwayne wade!!!!


guy was a mid to late 1st rounder until he took marquette to the sweet 16 and put on a show in the tourney.



tRAVIS dIENER IS A baller

As an MU fan at the time, I can confidently point out how wrong you are. At the time right before the tourney, Wade was 7th at the highest and 11th at the lowest. I know this for a fact because the Bucks were picking 8th at the time and a couple mocks had us taking him...something I prayed dearly for.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:47 PM   #43
despurs
High School JV MVP
 
despurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 352
despurs has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

mike dunleavy
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #44
DCL
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,174
DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

d wade was gonna get drafted anyway, but he opened a lot more eyes after his performance in the ncaa tournament.

one guy who would had benefited last year was joakim noah. he's still good, but... he ain't thaaat good like projected #1 pick.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #45
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,280
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

John Wallace probably was going for 2nd round at best. Yinka Dare should not have been drafted
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy