Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #31
the outsider
Kids at the park dunk on me

the outsider has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

julius hodges

nazr mohammed
the outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #32
the outsider
Kids at the park dunk on me

the outsider has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What NBA players got drafted only because of thier success in the NCAA tourney???

oh yeah<

dwayne wade!!!!

guy was a mid to late 1st rounder until he took marquette to the sweet 16 and put on a show in the tourney.

tRAVIS dIENER IS A baller
the outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:15 PM   #33
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Royal Ivey
Khalid El Amin or however you say that
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #34
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz
Wasn't Christian Laettner was drafted 3rd overall for his performance in the tournament?

good F-ing Lord no
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:54 PM   #35
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Ed O'Bannon...played HUGE, but was not a good pro. long gone.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:44 AM   #36
10hardaway10
I airball my layups

10hardaway10 has an OK reputation so far

juan dixon !!!!! i remember nba.com had a poll of where would he land #1,2,3 pick lol
10hardaway10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:00 AM   #37
Kurtz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Kurtz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
good F-ing Lord no

I looked at the players drafted that year and he is behind Shaq and Mourning. The draft picks after Laettner weren't that good. I guess he deserved 3rd overall and he is one the more accomplished Duke players in history.

I guess I was completely off on that one.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #38
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Tyrus Thomas' stock went through the roof after last year's tournament.

Steve Nash also made a name for himself in the tournament when I he led Santa Clara to a major 1st round upset I believe.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:19 AM   #39
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10hardaway10
juan dixon !!!!! i remember nba.com had a poll of where would he land #1,2,3 pick lol

Not just him, the whole Maryland squad the year they won it all.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #40
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
Scott Padgett

I agree, Jerry Sloan pretty much admitted as much... I tend to think he only knew about Scott from watching the tournament.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #41
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriorist
Not just him, the whole Maryland squad the year they won it all.

Not so much Dixon, certainly not Lonny Baxter, but definately Wilcox.

Dixon was killing the NCAA for a couple years by that point and was known as a great player. People knew what they were getting...a short skinny guard that could flat out score and that's about it.

Lonny Baxter went second round, so his stock wasn't boosted at all.

Wilcox though, definately shot up the draft boards when scouts saw how great he played and how f'in athletic he was.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #42
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by the outsider
oh yeah<

dwayne wade!!!!

guy was a mid to late 1st rounder until he took marquette to the sweet 16 and put on a show in the tourney.

tRAVIS dIENER IS A baller

As an MU fan at the time, I can confidently point out how wrong you are. At the time right before the tourney, Wade was 7th at the highest and 11th at the lowest. I know this for a fact because the Bucks were picking 8th at the time and a couple mocks had us taking him...something I prayed dearly for.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:47 PM   #43
despurs
High School JV MVP

despurs has an OK reputation so far

mike dunleavy
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #44
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

d wade was gonna get drafted anyway, but he opened a lot more eyes after his performance in the ncaa tournament.

one guy who would had benefited last year was joakim noah. he's still good, but... he ain't thaaat good like projected #1 pick.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #45
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

John Wallace probably was going for 2nd round at best. Yinka Dare should not have been drafted
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: