Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 10-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
Knine
I hit open layups

Knine has an OK reputation so far
Default I can dunk and I still got cut

What is the problem here? Im 5'6''? The coach didnt even really think about it. After tryouts he was like "you, yeah, you didnt make the team..." I felt like crap even though I didnt show it. I was really confident that I was gonna make it after I threw it down in the park over the summer. Its just a pity.
Knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Just because you can dunk doesn't make you a good basketball player. If you can't shoot or play decent defense you'll never make a team.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
Knine
I hit open layups

I can shoot but I tried out at PG so I didnt show him my stroke. remember Ray Allen in the beginning of He Got Game shooting those college threes??? I can totally do that. Just swish shot after shot. I just didnt do that. Its still a pity.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knine
I can shoot but I tried out at PG so I didnt show him my stroke. remember Ray Allen in the beginning of He Got Game shooting those college threes??? I can totally do that. Just swish shot after shot. I just didnt do that. Its still a pity.
Find out when the teams practices, walk in, and show coach how good youare.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

shoot the coach, sometimes violence is the answer

How dare that idiot not put you on the team just because you can dunk and you think you should be on the team?!?!? How dare he?!?!?!
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:57 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Give the Sonics a call, I'm sure they'd love a cheap replacement for Jesus. Give you what, 50k per year, as opposed to 15mil for Ray. Then they could just sign Garnett with the leftover money. Check this lineup...

PG - Ridnour
SG - Some random 17yr old kid who can shoot 3's like Ray
SF - Shard
PF - Garnett
C - Wilcox

How could they not win it all? Plus the random kid can also dunk. AND HE'S 5'6!!! Give them the chip already, it's over.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:12 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Maybe he didn't like you're attitude, you sound kinda cocky. Or maybe it's because you're 5'6, he wanted some taller kids to run point.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #8
Knine
I hit open layups

The first thing I need to do if I want to make it big is to make my HS team which I didnt. So I mean I think Im good but I dont have the credentials.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:38 PM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Give the Sonics a call, I'm sure they'd love a cheap replacement for Jesus. Give you what, 50k per year, as opposed to 15mil for Ray. Then they could just sign Garnett with the leftover money. Check this lineup...

PG - Ridnour
SF - Shard
PF - Garnett
C - Wilcox

How could they not win it all? Plus the random kid can also dunk. AND HE'S 5'6!!! Give them the chip already, it's over.
Some one should forward this to Jeff right now!

He needs to post this under the rumors section.
This is certified information.

The sonics are winning the chip this year
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #10
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

just go to another high scholl and try out for them.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:33 PM   #11
Physical Ill
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Physical Ill has an OK reputation so far

Maybe you didn't have the passing skills, driving, IQ, etc. to play PG. What about SG?

Also, anyone can hit open shots...what about with someone within 5 feet of you? There are a lot of possible reasons for not making the team...

Last edited by Physical Ill : 10-29-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Physical Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:46 PM   #12
Ralphy J
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ralphy J has an OK reputation so far

how logical is that i'v never heard of trying out for a team where you don' go to school
Ralphy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:43 PM   #13
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

PG - Ridnour
SF - Shard
PF - Garnett
C - Wilcox

RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:23 AM   #14
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
shoot the coach, sometimes violence is the answer

How dare that idiot not put you on the team just because you can dunk and you think you should be on the team?!?!? How dare he?!?!?!

Don't shoot the coach even though he might deserve it!! Ahhh... the hell with it do what ever makes you happy!!! lol

Remember there is still next year!!! And keep working on your game never give up!! Try out for other BBall teams there should be some other programs around your area!! Hard work and team work is the key!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:57 AM   #15
Slickshot
I airball my layups

Slickshot has an OK reputation so far

I've had 2 guys at my tryouts who can dunk a bit taller than u tho.. but they can't do anything else... of course they don't make the team
Slickshot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: