Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

D-Town-Raised has an OK reputation so far
Default Your Most Memorable Season?

Its all about the championship. But sometimes that isn't the season that sticks with you. Sometimes there is a special season. That season may have your team win 7 games on the last shot and not make the playoffs. They may break out of a long playoff drought to be swept in the first round. Or they may pull the upset in the first round then get spanked in the second. Maybe they have great individual performances or they just play an exciting brand of ball that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Five years later they win the title but it doesn't mean as much to you as that magical season.

For me that season is the 94-95 Dallas Mavericks. The Mavs hadn't made the playoffs since 89-90 when I was 10 and they were easily swept by the Blazers. They then proceded to play some of the worst ball in the history of the league over three seasons. Finally 94-95 arrived and it was a breath of fresh air. The three J's. 50 by Mashburn against the Bulls. 50 by Jackson against the Nuggets. Sitting on the porch listening to Regulate G Funk Era while George McCloud "Nate Dogg" tied the NBA record for most threes in a game. Tony "Dunk Contest Scrub" Dumas throwing it down. Popeye "Created mutant from Sam Cassel DNA" getting twenty rebounds. Watching Jason Kidd get twenty assists and a triple double with my first piece of tail in my arms. This is the season that sticks with me. More then the first playoff appearance in a decade and the upset over the Jazz. More then Nick Van Exel putting it on the Kings and coming up a little short versus the Spurs. More then getting over the Spurs hump and making it to the finals.

Anybody else have their own special season?
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Your Most Memorable Season?

1995-1996 Sonics

That one was very special
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:22 AM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

The Knicks That I Loved, The Knicks that battled The Heat and Pacers in the Playoffs and also Chicago. The Knicks that beat Indy of LJ's four point play. The Knicks who had heart in battles vs the Heat, The Fights Everything. The Allan Houston shot on Heat to help Knicks win the Series. Those were my Knicks.

Don't Get It Twisted, I Still Love These Knicks but no where near the way i loved Camby, LJ, Childs, Ewing, Houston, Spreewell, Wallace, Ward, Oakley, Mason etc.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:14 AM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

2004-2005 Fighting Illini.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:34 AM   #5
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

2004 when we won a championship without a superstar.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:43 AM   #6
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
1995-1996 Sonics

That one was very special
you're my isher. but what else excites you besides payton and that era?
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:11 AM   #7
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

As a Raptor fan ..there's hasn't been too many memorable seasons..but I guess I would have to say the year they made it to the second round and lost to the 76ers ...
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:35 AM   #8
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

my favorite non-champion teams:

the 88 bulls. jordan and oakley just brought it so hard in all the games i got to see. scottie and horace had me really hopeful about the future with terrific games every now and then (they were rookies). and mj was a monster pretty much every night.

the 91 celtics. when larry was healthy that team was great. shaw, dee, reggie, and pinkney ran hard and still had the old time bigs to go to in the post. plus we could all see parish aging and mchale and larry falling apart, so we were ready for reggie lewis to take over and savoring every moment of the old fellahs. plus i don't think kevin gamble missed a two point shot all year.

the 93 suns. so good to see charles on a great team. seemed like every time i watched chuck would throw up huge numbers, everyone would be involved, and they played with great enthusiasm (not surprising with charles and kj leading them). also loved their bench guys like frank johnson, danny ainge, richard dumas, and tom chambers.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #9
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

The 94-95 Rockets.

Lowest seeded team to ever win a title, written off dead against Phoenix, called "choke city", then rallied back from down 3-1 and buried Phoenix with Mario Ellie's "Kiss of death" shot and "Clutch City" was born.

Next stop SA, who had the league's MVP, we all know the story, Hakeem destroyed him and demoralized the entire team.

Then the Rockets pulled into Orlando and swept them for a title repeat, becoming the only team to ever go through four 50 game wining teams (2 were 60 game winners), all on the road, to win a title.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

1983 & 2001

two great years by the 6ers
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #11
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Its all about the championship. But sometimes that isn't the season that sticks with you.

It is with me...I've been f'in with the Heat since the days of Kevin Loughery being head coach, and the G-Money and late Seikaly era...(South Florida/Miami native my whole live)

But last year is tops in my book..Because the goal was achieved...took 18 years, but it happened.

The Run, The buzz around it, the Parade down Biscayne (I was there ) The clubs were poppin (Mansion on South Beach )...The star power...Just great...

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 03-16-2007 at 11:46 AM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #12
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Last season. Dallas went to the finals. Hopefully this one will end better though.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #13
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
1983 & 2001

two great years by the 6ers

Even though it lacked accoplishments, I'd take the 90 6ers in there too. Two of my favorite Sixers of all time on that squad. A great time in basketball.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #14
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Even though it lacked accoplishments, I'd take the 90 6ers in there too. Two of my favorite Sixers of all time on that squad. A great time in basketball.
chuck & hersey?
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #15
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

2001-02. First time the Nets reached the Finals. 1991-92 and 1992-93 were also good.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: