Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-18-2007, 06:28 AM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: Who is the Knicks best player?

For my defense I didn't put David Lee number 1 because he isn't our BEST player.

IMO......

1)your best player is gonna be the one who defenses respect the most.
2)Your best player has to make everyone else better. When Curry read the doubles coming early he does this better than anyone on the team.

Curry is doubled and tripled at times. Therefore he is number 1.
Marbury is the reason why Curry is effective the most. Therefore he is number 2.

After our first 1 and 2 the rest are not respected by anyone's defense.

Lee brings the garbage man mentality to the game. If his defense were better I would liken him to Charles Oakley. Therefore he is number 3. He doesn't make anyone better. He is a solid roleplayer who compliments the other players. He is number 3 solely on hustle.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #17
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I disagree he does make everyone better, just look at Curry's number since he is gone. It's not just missing Crawford.

He also makes everybody better with his rebounding giving the players a second chance to score.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #18
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
For my defense I didn't put David Lee number 1 because he isn't our BEST player.

IMO......

1)your best player is gonna be the one who defenses respect the most.
2)Your best player has to make everyone else better. When Curry read the doubles coming early he does this better than anyone on the team.

Curry is doubled and tripled at times. Therefore he is number 1.
Marbury is the reason why Curry is effective the most. Therefore he is number 2.

After our first 1 and 2 the rest are not respected by anyone's defense.

Lee brings the garbage man mentality to the game. If his defense were better I would liken him to Charles Oakley. Therefore he is number 3. He doesn't make anyone better. He is a solid roleplayer who compliments the other players. He is number 3 solely on hustle.

Ok your number 2 reason is histerical cuz one of the biggest knock on Curry is that he can't pass and he takes TOO LONG to pass out of doubles. He makes others worse at times cuz he doesnt kick it out fast enough.

Think about it...Teams double Curry for 2 reasons

1) He can't be gaurded by 1 person...i dont lie
2) Cuz he can't pass so to pressure him is to beat the knicks. Cmon now u know this guy can't pass.

Lee makes others better i dont even have to explain cuz u already know since you been posting here for a while.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #19
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Oh yeh i forgot to say..

Lee is the second best passer on the team behind Marbury.

Lee at the 3 would demand doubles for his size and TRUST ME he will pass out of it to the open man.

Why do u think Lee gets the ball at the top of da key to distribute to the wings or Eddy Curry?? Cuz he CAN'T pass haha. Cmon now.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I'm not eaxctly sure what Knick team everyone here is watching but the one I see features Curry. If Lee is our best player then feature him in the offense. No way you can't do that because that is not what he does. Lee is primairly a rebounder. And the rebounds he gets usually become his own points in the form of tip slams. I love Lee as a reserve on the team but he is not a starter. teams do inquire of him like Houston did with Shane Battier, but Battier is a great defender, spot up 3pt shooter and tremendous hustle guy. Lee is only one of these. The good passing part i never really paid any attention to, but I'm I will guess that....

1) Marbury
2) Crawford....both these guys fed Curry first. So their assists have to be the highest.
3) Francis....he passes usually to everyone first then shoots. We didn't need but if he plays to the team first I can live with him.
4) I'm even putting Q above Lee in passing(Ihope I'm not wrong). I will check later. I'm merely basing this on the games I watch.

Curry is our best player. Doesn't mean he is the most Valuable. Maybe we should change the thread title and see where it goes.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #21
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
Oh yeh i forgot to say..

Lee is the second best passer on the team behind Marbury.
No. Check that out and please come back with what u find.

Quote:
Lee at the 3 would demand doubles for his size and TRUST ME he will pass out of it to the open man.
I really don't wanna see that. He would get lit up every game by the opposing SF's
Let me name some just in our conference.
1)Caron Butler.
2)Richard Jefferson
3)Bron-Bron
4)Danny Granger
5)Luol Deng
6)Paul Pierce....I won't list no more. This is just the Eastern conference.

Quote:
Why do u think Lee gets the ball at the top of da key to distribute to the wings or Eddy Curry?? Cuz he CAN'T pass haha. Cmon now.
Lee doesn't pass when he gets the ball TRUST ME. Passing the ball is usually what David lee won't do with the ball. He is doing what he does. Looking to throw it through the rim, just like Balkman, which is what they should do.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #22
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Lee would get lit up i said that b4.
But what he DOES bring to the table over shadows the bad.
If we saw it that way..Eddy would never play cuz he gets lit up.

Lee is our second best passer...just watch the games and you know what im talkin about.

And he did start at the 3 and play 35 + minutes after the brawl and we havent played as consistent defense since even tho it was 3 games.

Even last year when the knicks were in a streak he played the 3 and won bcuz of defense.

And you sayin he doesnt pass the ball shows that u didnt watch the games and focus on what he was doing.

Jamal throws more bad passes then good and same goes for Francis.

Zeke yelled at Francis FOR NOT GIVING THE BALL. so how can u say they are better passers then Lee?

I dunno you said that Curry passes out of the double "best" on the team and Lee can't pass the ball on the high post....i dunno i have nothin else to say to this arguement cuz that whole assesment is wrong.

And every GM wants David Lee... Even though Zeke said he wont trade him.

There is no other knick wanted more then Lee.

Not too mention his attitude. Curry gets out of games and has less emotion then a cupcake. Lee got a black eye getting dunked on and still got a double double(which he averages) No other knick does that either.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Just because a pesron doesn't pass, doesn't mean he isn't the best passer. I watch every single game and Lee does not rack up assists which is the best way to gauge passing. Don't mean a thing if the man you pass to doesn't score. There really is no argument.

The thread title is clear. Who is the Knicks best player? It doesn't say..... who is most valuable or What player would most GM's want on the Knicks? in those cases i would say Lee also. But unfortunatley the thread topic is not that. Maybe I will start a who is the Knicks MVP? That way we can get some Lee recognition, but even then he will fall short to Marbury.

But I have a question for anyone.....
If Curry wasn't having the season he is having, and Marbury was playing like he was last year......How many wins would the Knicks probably have this season?
Old 03-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #24
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

1. Stephon Marbury
2. David lee
3. Eddy Curry
4. Quentin Richardson(I want to put him higher, but the injuries are holding him back)
5. Renaldo Balkman
6. Jamal Crawford
7. Steve Francis
8. Channing Frye
9. Nate Robinson
10. Jared Jeffries
11. Malik Rose
12. Mardy Collins
13. Kelvin Cato
14. Jerome James
I think it goes something like that based on the games I've seen.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #25
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

I can't see Jamal being 6th best on the team. I also don't see Frye being that low.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:26 AM   #26
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Ok so hes the most valueable and all the GM's want him...and hes not our best player? I dunno maybe im nuts.

And he can't lose to Marbury cuz hes just been playin well in the last couple of weeks.

Lee is the best rebounder, best passing big man, and is first to play team ball.
And is the most efficient player with the minutes that is given.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:46 AM   #27
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Lee is our best rebounder . He does one aspect that Curry don't do well. Most GM would love to have a guy who plays on a high level defensively. Curry and Lee compliment each other. Curry scores, Lee cleans up the glass. Neither blocks shots or passes well. But Curry draws defenders, Lee doesn't. Marbury comes into the picture because he is the orchestrator. If Marbury had not bought into Zeke plan early into the season, not just a couple of weeks ago, we wouldn't have playoff conversations right now. Passing isn't just about giving the ball to someone. Its about finding cutters and putting the ball into a scoring opportunity. Marbury has bought into that. If Curry and Marbury were injured for this stretch, and Lee and Crawford were healthy our playoff chances would not be conversation. Everbody felt Curry got snubbed for ASG, but he isn't our best? Come on.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:01 AM   #28
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Well put concerning passing. It's all about when you pass, you have to hit a guy in the right place and right time to get an assist.

That's a problem with the Knicks. Too many bad passes leading to turnovers. Crawford and francis come to mind.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #29
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Right BDBM, that unfortunately is part their game. The weird part when they run the pt they don't usually get all of those TO's. Craw and Francis pile up to's when they ballhog. They actually are good playmakers, but not off the ball.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #30
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Well put concerning passing. It's all about when you pass, you have to hit a guy in the right place and right time to get an assist.

That's a problem with the Knicks. Too many bad passes leading to turnovers. Crawford and francis come to mind.

Francis threw a horrible pass in the raps game during that 3rd quarter run, he threw it 5 feet over marburys head. Jamal also makes dumb passes but marbury makes some stupid mistakes when he tries to get it to Curry sometimes.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: