Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2007, 04:36 AM   #1
FabCasablancas
Banned

Default Karl Malone on the Mavs?

If Alonzo Mourning could contribute as much as he did in the Finals after having a Kidney Transplant.. could a 43 year old Karl Malone contribute anything to the Mavs? I could honestly see him contributing something.. He could at the very least come in and throw 6 fouls at Shaq.. which was all that DJ Mbenga was going to do if he hadn't gotten injured and missed the rest of the season. I would also like to see Malone teach the Mavs to be a little dirty. The Mavs team is so soft.. I NEVER see us give hard fouls.. if Malone could provide anything he could at least do that.. that was probably what he was better at than anything..

Keep in mind.. Malone was the oldest player to log a triple-double and the oldest to be a starter in the Finals...

I think him and Cuban had some history though.. would he do it.. that's the big question. It's him or Pops Mensah Bonsu(he's been in the D league all season)... and you know Pops is getting no respect in the playoffs..

Also keep in mind that Malone wanted to keep playing with Kobe.. but for some reason(not the wife thing).. Kobe didn't want Malone on the team. I think Kobe wanted it to be his own team.. he didn't want Malone to get credit as a leader.. who knows he might still be playing if not for that whole scene..

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 03-16-2007 at 04:57 AM.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:40 AM   #2
kumquat
College superstar

Default Re: Karl Malone on the Mavs?

Yeh, that would be good, Karl at PF, Reggie at SG, Dead corpse at SF, mummified body at pg and Dr Naitsmith at C
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:44 AM   #3
FabCasablancas
Banned

No.. it would be Karl or Reggie.. not both..

Both are needed though.. because we need bigs for Shaq and perimeter shooting desperately.. but I think a big for Shaq might be a more desperate need. Also.. if we were to lose either Diop or Dampier to injury we would really be in trouble..
Old 03-16-2007, 04:46 AM   #4
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

He has no history with Cuban. He holds a grudge against the Mavs. They flat out told him they were going to draft him. He wanted to play for Dallas as it was close to his home town in Louisiana. They then took Detlef Schremp at 8 and Malone feel to 13. They also had the 16th and 17th pick and drafted two useless seven footers. Joe Dumars came a few picks later as well as A.C. Green. Pieces in 5 Championships.

The Mavs had terrible luck and if all the right moves and pieces feel into place they would have been 5 time NBA champions.

Rolando Blackman
Derek Harper
Karl Malone (didn't draft)
Dale Ellis (let him go young)
Roy Tarpley (no character, no work ethic, drug abuse)

The Lakers would have not been able to withstand what the Mavs could have been. Nor could the Pistons, Celtics, or Jordans early Bulls.

Last edited by D-Town-Raised : 03-16-2007 at 05:14 AM.
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:52 AM   #5
Force
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
No.. it would be Karl or Reggie.. not both..

Both are needed though.. because we need bigs for Shaq and perimeter shooting desperately.. but I think a big for Shaq might be a more desperate need. Also.. if we were to lose either Diop or Dampier to injury we would really be in trouble..

Come on man! Even if he did come back, what is Karl Malone supposed to do to Shaq??? LOL
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:52 AM   #6
FabCasablancas
Banned

Another good thing about it is that it would be a way to end Malone's career again.. the last thing people remember of Malone was that ugly ugly business with kobe's wife.. he could redeem himself a little bit.. I could see him and Avery getting along great too..
Old 03-16-2007, 04:54 AM   #7
FabCasablancas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
Come on man! Even if he did come back, what is Karl Malone supposed to do to Shaq??? LOL

I have actually seen Karl Malone hold his own against Shaq.. he would probably do better than any of our current bigmen.. I have seen Shaq flop against Malone.. He could handle Mourning at the very least though.. I guarantee you he has more Offensive game than Diop or Damp even at 43 too! He has a great elbow jumper..

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 03-16-2007 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:03 AM   #8
KIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
Yeh, that would be good, Karl at PF, Reggie at SG, Dead corpse at SF, mummified body at pg and Dr Naitsmith at C

and the late great red at coach
Old 03-16-2007, 05:04 AM   #9
statman32
NBA Legend

Karl Malone has already been on a team with Diamond DALLAS Page

But seriously I have seen Hakeem hold his own against Shaq...Bring back the dream.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:12 AM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Bring back Rodman if we're talking about holding their own against Shaq.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:40 AM   #11
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Karl Malone has already been on a team with Diamond DALLAS Page

What was that move DDP did? THE DIAMOND CUTTER or something? : Man WCW was terrible.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:08 AM   #12
Force
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
I have actually seen Karl Malone hold his own against Shaq.. he would probably do better than any of our current bigmen.. I have seen Shaq flop against Malone.. He could handle Mourning at the very least though.. I guarantee you he has more Offensive game than Diop or Damp even at 43 too! He has a great elbow jumper..

You do know he's 43 years old right? He would not do better than Dampier, and he'd be such a defensive liability that he wouldn't be an improvement over Diop either. The Mavs don't need another big man who can shoot, at any given time there are 4 guys who can shoot. Plus he wouldn't be in there against Shaq to begin with. He'd be with Haslem, "maybe" Zo. There would be no need for Karl no the Mavs. Sorry man, but your idea of Karl Malone coming to Dallas to help match up against Shaq in case they play in the finals, is just a horrible horrible ridiculous idea.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:47 AM   #13
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

he might break Dirk in practice

too risky
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:53 AM   #14
eurobum
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat

Post of the day.

What a dumb thread. Do you honestly think Malone would make a comeback just to foul Shaq six times a game playing 10 minutes for the possibility of winning a ring? No.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #15
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

i dont know whats funnier the fact that people think malone is broken down and cant do shlt anymore.

or the fact that you guys thik the heat will make it to the finals again.

Malone is probably still in better shape then 98% of the league.

I lost a lot of respect for malone when he jumped shipped to the Lakers, i think it would be gone if he signed with the mavs. Malone is retired so is his number, hes not MJ he doesnt need to come out of retirement.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: