Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-16-2007, 01:57 PM   #16
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: "NBA prospect Yi in spotlight at Chinese league finals"

Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #17
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuxia
Come on guys. This guy is averaging 25 and 11 is the same league in which Wang ZhiZhi is averaging 27 points and 10 rebounds per game.

Yao averaged around 32 pts amd 12 rebounds and 4 blocks in his final CBA season.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #18
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

He will go to the Bobcats or the Bucks.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #19
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

yeah i'm not impressed. this CBA league is a joke in my oppinion. If a guy like Wang Zhi Zhi and the Bayi can win the championship 7 times... you know the competition level can't be that great. interesting to note that the Bayi are run by the Chinese millitary and won't employ foreign players.

honestly Yi is a very high risk pick top 5. this guy is extremely unproven against adequate competition. and he doesn't show the explosive atheticism that would make it OK to draft him so raw either. He's probably 3 years older than the government claims too. there are a handful of solid picks I would take ahead of him on my board.

Last edited by final.wrath : 03-16-2007 at 02:54 PM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #20
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I have a feeling that the fact this guy is Chinese will make him a higher pick than if he were not (the risk-reward ratio on a chinese player becoming a star is huge, by that I mean that if this guy turns out to be a star player, it means massive potential in the chinese market for whoever drafts him
I was just saying this a few days ago on my home board.

Supposedly, the Suns might be interested at #8 or so. My guess is, they're looking at Yi with their wallets as much as with their eyes. :rollingeyes:
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #21
KOBEMAMBA24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEMAMBA24 has decent reputationKOBEMAMBA24 has decent reputation

dam this guy is 29?this guy could seriously help ou a struggling team and would be more like a free agent pick up than a pick
KOBEMAMBA24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #22
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEMAMBA24
dam this guy is 29?this guy could seriously help ou a struggling team and would be more like a free agent pick up than a pick
Yi is not 29. The guy that is 29 is a former NBA player who returned to China. Yi is only 20.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #23
KOBEMAMBA24
I hit open 5-footers

thanks for making me look like an idiot
Old 03-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #24
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEMAMBA24
thanks for making me look like an idiot
No problem
Old 03-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #25
KOBEMAMBA24
I hit open 5-footers

Old 03-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #26
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

nice stats for the china league, but it's the china league.

dude looks frigging weak as hell against non-chinese players.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #27
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:10 AM   #28
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Outhussling the hustler
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: