Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2007, 03:22 PM   #31
tweedy bird loc
I brick open layups

Default Re: OT - What Are Your Personal Career Highs?

In 10th grade at a tournament, I had 30 points and 28 boards against a really good team, and we won. And I never even got player of the game! They gave it to a teamate of mine who probably had 12 and 8 (assists), but he was really well known.
tweedy bird loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #32
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
That's what I was thinking. Most of these guys are probably just posting dream numbers they wish they could get to a bunch of people over the internet.

thats what i was thinking... I had some pretty impressive hs numbers and a couple good college games but i wont even post them because there is no reason for anyone to believe me. I think im going to upload a tape of me playing when so i can somewhat validate it.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #33
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
thats what i was thinking... I had some pretty impressive hs numbers and a couple good college games but i wont even post them because there is no reason for anyone to believe me. I think im going to upload a tape of me playing when so i can somewhat validate it.

Yeah but i mean there probably are a lot of poeple here who in middle school or junior ball managed to get some pretty impressive numbers. But yeah i agree you should post your video i'm thinking i'm gonna post mine of me scoring 17 in one quatre, I actually did it last weekend in provincials and my friends parents have got the tape.
BTW congrats on 3000.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #34
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

I was a defensive player with no specific position. I played corner, was an end, a safety, and a linebacker at various times. Never really bothered me to move around since I was undisciplined at all of them. Just used being faster and stronger than most along with being aggressive. I dont remember my high in tackles but I still have my highschools sack record for a half(4....school was only 20 years old at the time). Maybe game too but im not sure. There was a college scout there that night but he was watching a kid on the other team. I broke my leg that same game. Why I didnt play the entire second half. But im told I impressed the scout more than the kid he was there to see. Too bad about the whole leg thing....

I forced 2 fumbles one game as well and my most picks was 3 though one was off someone elses tip near the line so it was just hanging there for the taking.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #35
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
That's what I was thinking. Most of these guys are probably just posting dream numbers they wish they could get to a bunch of people over the internet.
My stats are from a rec league game... I'll admit it.

I haven't even played HS bball cause my school's team is too hard to make, they are a top 20 team in the country.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #36
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
Any good football career highs then? The thread doesnt specify which sport

It could be any sport you wish.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #37
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

Dream numbers? Lol, my dream numbers wouldn't include that many points. I'm a passer/scorer so try again. All those numbers came in different games obviously at different talent levels such as a regular rec league game, then a rec league's all-star squad against another and my rec leagues all star team vs a high school varisty squad.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #38
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

I once got 1 turnover.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #39
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

I need to upload video of me playing as well. I never got any burn in college, so I can't comment on that. My ass had splinters in college.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #40
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Points - 37
Three Point Field Goals Made - 6
Three Point Field Goals Attempted - 8
Free Throws Made - 7
Free Throws Attempted - 12
Total Rebounds - 15
Assists - 13
Steals - 8
Blocks - 6
Minutes Played - 40 min regulation and 5 minutes overtime.

But at the end of the day these stats don't really matter. It' spread over playing highschool and university. At highschool my friend kept stats, and at Uni we had a proper stat guy who was awful and gave the wrong people other people' rebounds etc. He also thought tipping the ball was a rebound, so 5 tips was 5 rebounds. We kept telling him, but who really cares he wasn't paid.

Best game I've ever had was in high school when I dunked o na chump on the break, he was trash talking all game, and I'd never dunked in a game before.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #41
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Points - 27 (championship game, i only averaged maybe 10 for the year, but in the city championship I just lit it up. On fire from the outside)
Rebounds - Not sure, but probably 11-12 I'd think
Assists - 11
Steals - 9 (the assists and steals were on the same day, someone happened to be keeping stats. I just remember it because I almost had a 3D, but came up a little short)
Blocks - 4 (weird day, I also ended up fouling out. Went for a lot o shots I guess)

Don't really care if anyone believes me. A lot of these numbers came from around Gr 9 playing school and community ball, so the comp level wasn't huge. Mind you I wasn't as good then as I am now. :)
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #42
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

i found some sheets from 8 years ago last month. on one i scored 6 3pt field goals. now i cant hit a lick from outside... strange stuff.

i dont know about other stats..its all from the score sheet. we once won a game 197-27 or something, i only remember two of our guys having 50 and 56 points and needing two sheets for the score.

we went unbeaten that year and won a tournament in which we wre enlisted as 2 years older than our actual age. its a shame the team was disbanded. one guy wnet to another ballclub because he could be 'the' guy, our starting pg had a horrible accident with his scooter, broke every bone in his hands, both arms, hips, legs... awfull... and one year after that the coach wanted to put together a team from several different clubs. kind of a selection. that bombed because there were too many big egos. i think they finished 3rd or something.

i never was a scorer type. i like to play defense, we were great at the run & jump play and midcourt traps, i think i had 5 or more steals in a handfull of games. like to block shots too, which is kinda strange for a sf/pf player who was shooting treys. i needed glasses too but played without them (-2/-2.5)... strange years.. now with lenses i cant shoot anymore (save for the occasional open shot). i totally lost the feeling for catches nice passes while cutting to the basket in traffic too. i guess it still needs some time.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #43
RidonKs
NBA Legend

That's the way I am as well Loot. I'll have an odd game where I go for 20+, but that barely ever happens. I get a ton of steals though, just anticipating. I'm not a great on the ball defender (althoguh I'm ok), but I'm a pretty good team defender in my rotations and such.

And, just to get it out of the way, 197 spoints?!?!
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #44
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

**** everyone here has dropped well over 20, thats happens like once a week in my league

anyways mine are like

pts: 15
rebs: 16
assists: 4? 5?
steals: 2?
blocks: 11
3s: 1 (only ever hit one three)
minutes: 30
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #45
A-MATT
Banned

Im on varsity in Basketball (hIGH sCHOOL)

Playmaker Point guard

Points- 21 First game of the season
Assist- 12
Rebounds- 4 (i suck at rebounding)
Steals 6 (the last one i got my finger jammed)
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: