Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
stoopidraptor
Kids at the park dunk on me

stoopidraptor has an OK reputation so far
Cool Some more Trade Rumors..

Okay, word out of Washington is...that they are willing to part ways with Brendan Haywood, Jarvis Hayes and Ethan Thomas...okay...who wouldn't want these guys on their team...Ethan and Haywood can bang...and Hayes is a baller...I would take him over Joey Graham anyday..
stoopidraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'd be okay with any of those players joining the team. I'm not sure about Haywood/Thomas' contracts, but if there reasonable they could be good pickups. It all comes down to what kind of team BC is trying to build. It seems as though he enjoys the uptempo pace and small lineups, but any team needs bigs right?

I could see Etan Thomas fitting in, with a role similiar to that of Kurt Thomas/Brian Grant on the suns. He's strong as a bull, can run the floor, and can rebound(not to mention a little bit of scoring from offensive rebounds).

Haywood on the other hand isn't as athletic, but he is a 7footer with a big frame. I just don't see him fitting in with the Raptors. If they were to acquire a big from the Wizards, Thomas would be the better fit.

As far as Joey Graham vs Jarvis Hayes goes, I think Hayes is the better all around player, as of right now, but I'd rather Joey for the Raps. I think he has more time to develop, and while his offense isn't up to par with Hayes, his defense is, and thats what Toronto needs. Not taking anything away from Hayes' defense, it just isn't on the same level as Grahams. Joey is a true defender and will be for the next 10+ years.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood have huge contracts right now. That is the basic reason why Wizards payroll is overr the salary cap. The hard part is if I HAD to take one of them, I would prolly take Haywood cause he is more experiences to pressure situations and it brings us someone who can make a run at Shaq when he is playing. But Etan Thomas is younger. I Don't know. I guess it depends on the contract.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I like Hayes but I'll stick with Graham and Thomas and Haywood have shitty contracts so no thanks.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: