Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #16
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

He shouldn't even be considered as an option for next season. He is a chucker and we need a pure pass first PG.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #17
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

No one can give him more the the MLE that would want him. No rebuilding team wants a 30 year old combo guard.

I say the Raptors should look to S&T him to a team that needs scoring and a veteran team badly. A team that is looking to win right way.

James in Minnesota would be ideal. He can score late in the 4th, he will get his 20 points on good shooting with the room KG creates. KG is amazing but has shown he can't score at the end of games. We all know that Mike James loves to score at the end of games. It's sometimes a negative for the Raptors because Bosh is more efficient on offense and Mike goes away from him causing him to go cold. KG rarely looks for his shot in the 4th so it really is a mathc made in heaven.

Also, KG and MJames have very similar personalities. Both kind of weird and extremely competitive.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #18
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Excellent though A Roc, James would be a perfect fit in minny. He scores in the 4th Q, KG doesn't, so no problems there. He is a veteran that can put the ball in the hoop. His will to win is as big as KG's is. I'm just summarizing your post because I think it is right on the money.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #19
craigthomasb
College star

if houston tried to get him via sign and trade, i would actually be quite interested in stromile swift coming the other way salary wise

he can play the 4/5, he can block shots and dunk, hes quite young hes a hell of an upgrade over bonner, araujo, and even sow. with our piss poor froont court depth hes good for 20+ minutes a night off the bench
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:06 AM   #20
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Default As much as i like mike james....

he is only good for us if we can sign him for anything less than 5 mill....after that let him go free...to someone who might need a good scorer off the bech....he should be happy for the opportunity to play as many games/minutes that he got with the raps...but if its money he wants he's not getting it from us unless its a sign and trade...and if that happens I would like to see chris wilcox....Big time....he would ad rebouding and block shots and he quick and runs the floor well...
alote of people are talking about Joel the 7'1" Centre from Portland but if u ask me he is one dementional...7.5 RB 2.3 BLK 6 points per game he is also one of the worst free throw shooters in the NBA...and slower than wilcox...

if u look at wilcoxes game he does everthing better except block shots!!!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:17 AM   #21
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
he is only good for us if we can sign him for anything less than 5 mill....after that let him go free...to someone who might need a good scorer off the bech....he should be happy for the opportunity to play as many games/minutes that he got with the raps...but if its money he wants he's not getting it from us unless its a sign and trade...and if that happens I would like to see chris wilcox....Big time....he would ad rebouding and block shots and he quick and runs the floor well...
alote of people are talking about Joel the 7'1" Centre from Portland but if u ask me he is one dementional...7.5 RB 2.3 BLK 6 points per game he is also one of the worst free throw shooters in the NBA...and slower than wilcox...

if u look at wilcoxes game he does everthing better except block shots!!!

Stro Swift is a bum. If we were to S+T mj to houston, I would do my absolute best to get luther head.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #22
bonez26
Local High School Star

Default Re: Mike James

He's definitely out the door
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #23
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

I'm a bit confused about this, but why would we be able to sign and trade Mike James? If he opts out, isn't he an unrestricted free agent? Can we sign him for more money/year than other teams? You don't usually sign and trade unrestricted free agents, unless they are max-money players and can get more from their current team (like Grant Hill did when he was signed with Detroit and then got traded to the Magic).
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #24
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phesto
I'm a bit confused about this, but why would we be able to sign and trade Mike James? If he opts out, isn't he an unrestricted free agent? Can we sign him for more money/year than other teams? You don't usually sign and trade unrestricted free agents, unless they are max-money players and can get more from their current team (like Grant Hill did when he was signed with Detroit and then got traded to the Magic).

Sign and trades happen all the time in the NBA.

They usually happen when a team that is over the cap wants a player and agrees to a deal with that player for an amount that is more than they can give out. So the team that the player was with signs him to that deal and trades him to the team that he agreed to sign with.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #25
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Oh okay, it makes sense now. A team would do it if they are over the cap and want to sign a more expensive player.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #26
craigthomasb
College star

thing is though, it doesnt have to be toronto, so say new orleans signed and traded him for stromile swift, and with their 2 picks in the draft, their looking pretty good for next 10 years

Paul / Claxton
Ager / Smith
Mason
West / Swift
Brown / Simmons

with a shed load of cap room
Old 06-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #27
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Isn't Swift a career underachiever though? Why is he a hot commodity? Are people still intrigued by his "incredible upside" and "freakish wingspan"? Keep in mind that this will be his 10th season in the league.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #28
craigthomasb
College star

you think he wouldnt be quality back up for no more than 20 minutes a night
Old 06-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #29
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phesto
Isn't Swift a career underachiever though? Why is he a hot commodity? Are people still intrigued by his "incredible upside" and "freakish wingspan"? Keep in mind that this will be his 10th season in the league.

Yes, anyone whom is an athletic jumper and can run as him, especially when he is considered a big man will be given the "potential" tag until he can't run or jump anymore. The physical attributes are just so appealing that teams think that he will finally break through on their team and the signing will be worthwhile.

However, he has not been in the league for 10 years. He was drafted 2nd overall in the 2000 draft, so he's approaching his 6th or 7th season. It's still alot, but not quite 10 years.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #30
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Yeah, my mistake. I read something wrong on NBA.com which lead me to believe he has been in the league 10 years. Still, the guy was a #2 pick wasn't he?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: