Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default OT: The Hockey Playoff Race Is Crazy!

I've been picking up alot more on hockey considering it's close to their playoff time as well and let me tell ya, it's tight up in there. There aren't teams like in the NBA who are getting in with losing records and don't look deserving. The worst team is a 37-24. Being .500 won't cut it. Every team has a winning record and a legit shot at winning the Stanley. On the West side, 1 point seperates 1st from 7th. Very close.
Since the Flyers aren't in it (last place overall dammit) I think i'll go for the Vancouver Canucks. Good grind it out team with a killer goalie in Luongo. This team is built for the playoffs IMO.
Anybody else following or got a favorite?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OT: The Hockey Playoff Race Is Crazy!

The captain of th eBoston Bruins is some fellow named "Chara," but I don't know a thing about him. It's strange, but ever since their last labor stoppage (I forgot whether it was a strike or a lockout) I've stopped watching hockey completely. It's like, when they took time off of it I realized that I didn't even care, and only followed a little bit of it because there were teams from Boston.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #3
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Hockey? I didnt know they still played that in the United States
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The captain of th eBoston Bruins is some fellow named "Chara," but I don't know a thing about him. It's strange, but ever since their last labor stoppage (I forgot whether it was a strike or a lockout) I've stopped watching hockey completely. It's like, when they took time off of it I realized that I didn't even care, and only followed a little bit of it because there were teams from Boston.

Is it combined with the fact that that team is mediocre. You once had the best player in the game in Thorton and couldn't do anything with him. San Jose is killing with him now. But yeah, I get the jyst of your post.
I just like it cause it seems more competative right now compared to basketball. There are no losing teams contending, everteam has a shot. I wish it were like that in basketball.
Could you imagine if the Knicks were 7 games above .500 and 8th in the East?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The team being bad hurts, but the Cs are bad and I still watch all their games. I'm just not a hockey fan. What's strange is that it took a lockout to get me to realize that.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #6
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The team being bad hurts, but the Cs are bad and I still watch all their games. I'm just not a hockey fan. What's strange is that it took a lockout to get me to realize that.

They lost alot of money because of that too. Games are now being scedualed based on cost effectivness of travel. Some teams won't play each othe for a couple of years.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Red Wings, I knew they would overtake the Ducks when Anaheim was just sizzling hot earlier in the year. Datsyuk, Schnieder, Holmstrom, Lidstrom, Zettenberg are awesome along with Hasek in front of the net and Osgood is no slouch either being his backup.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:44 PM   #8
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
The Red Wings, I knew they would overtake the Ducks when Anaheim was just sizzling hot earlier in the year. Datsyuk, Schnieder, Holmstrom, Lidstrom, Zettenberg are awesome along with Hasek in front of the net and Osgood is no slouch either being his backup.

Didn't they just aquire Bertuzzi too? This may revamp his career. Just made Detroit more dangerous.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #9
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am pumped this year, after getting bounced early every year since we won it in '02. Finally have some speed and grit.

Just swept Nashville without Zetterberg and Bertuzzi. SHould be another good playoff season.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #10
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Didn't they just aquire Bertuzzi too? This may revamp his career. Just made Detroit more dangerous.

Bertuzzi is hurt and hasn't been the same since the Steve Moore incident, if he can return to his all-star form then Detroit will be insanely good, but I wouldn't think of him as a huge addition until he can prove that he can contribute. Bertuzzi or not, Detroit has a great chance of getting out of the Western Conference, though it will be tough.

The West has the less competitive race, the 8th seed has like a 6 point lead on Colorado, but the teams are all Cup contenders, while the East has a crazy race for the last two seeds, but the conference overall is much weaker.

Anaheim, San Jose, Detroit, Vancouver, Calgary, Minnesota, Dallas, Nashville

Buffalo, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Ottawa

I'd say those are the legitimate contenders, I'd really only say Buffalo and New Jersey for the East but Ottawa has been playing well even though they choke every year, and Pittsburgh is so talented, but so young it's hard to say what they will do. The West is crazy though, any team could win.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:03 PM   #11
hateraid
Is it in you?

Wow, Pistol, you liste dthe whole West side of the bracket as contenders.
Pittsburg is a fun team to cheer for and I bet thier fans are pumped to here that the team is staying. They got alot of energy in Pittsburg. But i do see a Buffalo/Vancouver finals. Vancouver is playing unbeleivable hockey right now, although they do have the reputation of choking as well. Who knows, Vancouver may falter and end up in 7th and face Detriot first round. That would be scary.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:21 PM   #12
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

West: Wings/Ducks

East: Sabres/Devils

I say Ducks/Sabres, but it will be very interesting.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #13
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Since the Flyers aren't in it (last place overall dammit) I think i'll go for the Vancouver Canucks. Good grind it out team with a killer goalie in Luongo. This team is built for the playoffs IMO.

The canucks alwayas have been and always will be choke artists.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #14
tweedy bird loc
I brick open layups

tweedy bird loc has an OK reputation so far

If Buffalo played in the west, they would be lucky to make the playoffs.
tweedy bird loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #15
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life
The canucks alwayas have been and always will be choke artists.

Correction, Dan Cloutier was a Choke Artist, Luogno changes the whole outlook for the playoffs.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: