Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
BBallBeatwriter
Decent playground baller

BBallBeatwriter has no real reputation yet.
Default is it time for the Pacers to blow up team?

I had this conversation with a big Pacers' fan last night. I asked him if he would rather keep J.O. or rebuild, and he pointed out that the Pacers cannot fit the right pieces around O'Neal and that they should rebuild.
Is it time for the Pacers to rebuild?
BBallBeatwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: is it time for the Pacers to blow up team?

Yeah, I think they should trade JO and rebuild.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
Moose

They have to rebuild. After that brawl in the palace two seasons ago, they were going downhill.

Thre Pacers have to find takers for O'Neal in the offseason. I could see him going to Boston, New Jersey maybe Chicago and maybe Memphis.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far

They’ll probably wait until the trade deadline next year before rebuilding.

They’re gonna give this crew at least one training camp.

It looks bad on Larry Legend & Co. if they start trading pieces they just recently acquired.

At this point JO is still a piece worth building around.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah I dont see them getting equal value back for JO unless they get Pau or maybe Deng and THomas. How are they gonna blow up this team with the TMurph + Dun contracts? Neither close to expiring (I think) and both vastly overpaid.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #6
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Yeah I dont see them getting equal value back for JO unless they get Pau or maybe Deng and THomas. How are they gonna blow up this team with the TMurph + Dun contracts? Neither close to expiring (I think) and both vastly overpaid.

Thats very true, the pieces on this team just doesn't fit.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #7
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
Yeah, I think they should trade JO and rebuild.

Yep trade O'Neil. Give him to the lakers. You can have Bynum and Odom just throw back DAniels or someone.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:10 PM   #8
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, I was discussing this with a friend the other day. Its time to start from scratch. Keep Granger and everyone else can go to help with the rebuilding process.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What can they rebuild around without O'neal? Granger is the only player worth a damn after him. They'll still have 2 huge deals (Murphy and Dunleavy) and one fairly big one (Tinsley) and the only team dumb enough take those contracts on is... well the Pacers :

I knew that deal was dumb for Indy the moment it happened.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #10
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like Granger but rebuilding around him is a farce. Do Pacer fans really want to really on Granger as their franchise player?
The Pacers have just been plagued with injury. O'Neal is beaten horse and cannot be depended on to last a season and be relied to be theirfranchise player. I say nobody is expendable and rebuilding should start now. Trade O'Neal to a contender and get future peices.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #11
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

If by "it's time" you mean "it's way too late", then yes.

What the Pacers need is the same thing they've needed for all these years, which is a #1 guy to put next to JO. Granger, Dun, Tinsley and Diogu aren't going to be that guy.

So, the Pacers need to start losing big and/or clearing cap space posthaste. They seem to be moving in the other direction, though.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:57 PM   #12
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

They had the perfect team until they let Artest go
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #13
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
They had the perfect team until they let Artest go

Artest is another guy who's completely incapable of becoming the #1 guy on a contending team. They weren't going anywhere with or without him.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #14
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i agree with everyone that they need to rebuild at this point, but i don't know what they can do other than trade JO and hope, because they'll have a ***** of a time moving murphy, tinsley, or dunleavy.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

JO to the Bulls for a player and a draft pick.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: