Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 06-26-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far
Default houston needs to fire van gundy and hire a real coach

I say they get larry brown. With Tmac and Yao, Larry brown gets the most complete center in the game as well as the most talented player in the NBA. Tmac may be a lazy bum, but one thing he doesn't do is clash with coaches. There also are too many young guns in Houston for Brown to bench.

Van gundy is basically a broke man's Brown; dude thinks he is playing "the right way" by emphasizing defense at the expense of offense. Don't get me wrong, Tmac and Yao are above average defensive players (Tmac when he tries, at least) but JVG must be a retard to not see the importance of utilizing their obvious offensive skills correctly.
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:03 AM   #2
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I'll trade you Terry Stotts for JVG.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I'll trade you Terry Stotts for JVG.
Hell no, man.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:09 AM   #4
DreamRuled
Kids at the park dunk on me

DreamRuled has an OK reputation so far

It's just taken JVG a while to get out of the '90's style of ball and accept he doesn't coach the Knickthugs. He may not be the best coach in the league, but he's good enough... Sure as hell don't want Larry Brown, although I'd have killed to get him before he went to Det.
DreamRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:42 AM   #5
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
houston needs to fire van gundy and hire a real coach

Maybe his brother.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:43 AM   #6
Butt M.D
Banned

Butt M.D has an OK reputation so far

Van gundy is a great coach, he knows the game real well and was part of those seattle championships back in the 60's
Butt M.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:44 AM   #7
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4
Maybe his brother.

Actually, that's not even that bad of an idea. I think they would improve 5 wins just from Jeff to Stan.

It's kind of sad to watch Jeff Van Gundy coach, he really has no idea what is going on it seems. All he does is preach is defense, while completely holding his team's obvious offensive potential back in the process. I think they definitely need a new face in Houston.

He is the one that started to transform Steve Francis to what he is now, it makes me angry to even think about that!
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:46 AM   #8
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

Brown will still **** it up.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:51 AM   #9
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
Actually, that's not even that bad of an idea. I think they would improve 5 wins just from Jeff to Stan.

It's kind of sad to watch Jeff Van Gundy coach, he really has no idea what is going on it seems. All he does is preach is defense, while completely holding his team's obvious offensive potential back in the process. I think they definitely need a new face in Houston.

He is the one that started to transform Steve Francis to what he is now, it makes me angry to even think about that!
Actually, quite the contrary.

Steve looked as though he was ready to turn the corner in his last season in Houston, I felt. He was looking for Yao more, playing hard, giving his all for the team.

Steve plays like the way he plays right now when he's on losing teams.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:19 AM   #10
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

Stan is more offensively minded that Jeff and would be a good fit in Houston. But can you imagine a coach getting replaced by his brother? I dont think it's ever happened.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:32 AM   #11
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

It was real painful to watch all those Houston games last season. With Yao carrying them the whole game until the 4th when he runs out of gas and the team goes into huge scoring droughts.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #12
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

JVG has his good and bad points:

I am a Knicks fan, so I know him real well. I believe JVG is a great coach, if and only if, he has HIS type of players..which is a defensive minded, slow tempo game. He knows how to coach those teams very well.

Plus, he's a tremendously hard worker, he knows his x's and o's of the game real well, very good at managing late game situations, and he is extremely loyal to his players, coaches, etc.

On the other hand, he lacks "creativity" when he has players that don't mesh with his system. I just don't think he really knows how to use Tmac and Yao to maximize their abilities. I mean, with those two guys alone, shouldn't they complete at the highest levels for a championship? Wouldn't Riley and/or Phil Jackson figure out a way for them to get to the championship level?

JVG, good coach for some times, not for others....(how's that for on the fence)...
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:41 AM   #13
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

JVG is a good coach. They need to keep him.
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:49 AM   #14
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

I'm a huge JVG fan (see avatar) but hegot owned by Avery two seasons ago..and that's not good. JVG's rep was always, fair regular season coach, but great playoff coach, in that he could use his brain and make adjustments better over a long series.

Cannot judge him on last season, injuries crushed him. I think that if he doesn't get to the 2nd round this season, he is done.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #15
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

Phil Jackson would make the Rockets real contenders
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: